1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Another I got F$@&!?? Thread.

Discussion in 'General' started by cajun636, Jun 21, 2018.

1. Fencer

Fencer Well-Known Member

I just sold my old work truck. I advertised Motor runs, and drives. Sounds like a band of monkeys playing drums when cranked.
    A guy brought a trailer. He was driving it on the trailer as the motor locked up. He didn't say a word about it as we winched the truck the rest of the way onto the trailer. Of course, you probably paid more for your built spare as he did for my truck.

mike-guy likes this.
  2. cajun636

cajun636 Honda Junkie.

That was the two options... buy an eBay motor and have it rebuilt, lowish hours for an R6 motor is $1500 minimum, then a refresh $3000 minimum....

Or buy one from someone you feel you can trust that just had it refreshed.... and take their word for it... oh wait. Don’t fucking do that.

Boman Forklift, VFR#52 and 418 like this.
  3. cajun636

cajun636 Honda Junkie.

And if he said it sounded like a band of monkeys when it started or said oh it was wrecked just prior to I would have taken the appropriate steps.. as I had with Chad above.

This wasn’t even really built, just a SS build.

VFR#52 likes this.
  4. 418

418 Expert #59

Wasn't aware that R6 motors were made of gold nowadays. Few years ago buddy sold a '06 R6 motor for $600.

5. Ducti89

Ducti89 Ticketing Melka’s dirtbike.....

Unfair. The motor should work as designed. It should turn over and run like any other.

Should it make good numbers like it just got tuned? Nah. I would expect to refresh it myself.

Not working at all? Bullshit.

rcarson15 likes this.
  6. cajun636

cajun636 Honda Junkie.

Bruh... you have no idea. A 2008+ with under 6k or so is at least $1500. And that would be to get a motor running with low mileage for a build.. but if the valves and heads are fucked, all you have Is the cases.

418 likes this.
  7. Ducti89

Ducti89 Ticketing Melka’s dirtbike.....

What the hell is this nowadays? An expectation to get fucked? Did I miss that memo?

8. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

Dustin, pull the sump off. Take pics of what you see.

9. cajun636

cajun636 Honda Junkie.

No no, but the valves need to be looked at and be rods. They get out of round. It’s an oiling issue

10. cajun636

cajun636 Honda Junkie.

Reply to your PM’s foollio

11. cav115

cav115 Well-Known Member

Sorry for your troubles.

Seriously though. Take your motor to Livengood, pay the money, be happy.

Better than spending the same or more to get junk repeatedly.

Gorilla George and 418 like this.
  12. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

I'm a straight shooter like you Dustin and understand your side.

I sold Tyler's Graves R6 and his ike he did well on his first year in AMA, to one guy plus a bad spare motor and most of my R6 stuff. He heard I wanted to sell it so he called me and came over. I hadn't run it in a year and wanted to get it running etc. But he said don't worry about it and came over and bought all of it.

So, about a month or two later he grabs the Graves R6, charges the battey and takes a compression test and said a cylinder was low. I know everything was good on it the last time Tyler raced it, he put it on the box two different club weekends and didn't crash it.

Im guessing it was just some deposits, but my reputation is worth more to me than anything else, so I ask what would make him happy? We both know he got a smoking deal, but at that point it doesn't matter. He gave me an amount, I said yes and it was solved.

I don't think he was trying to screw me and I don't know if the motor ended up being fine later, but I'm just happy knowing he didn't feel screwed.

sdiver, Hotfoot, R1Racer99 and 6 others like this.
  13. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Fixtit4ya

14. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

Yeah but Suzu....wait.....I now own a Suzuki race bike. Its only a 1st gen SV...but damn it i cant talk bad about her or she'll break....more than a Suzuki usually would....

Sum Bich.....I now have to join Steeltoe on the dark side.....of.......li.......liki......gulp....liking Suzuki.

GD. Now i have to find a FZ07 for sale.....:D

mmunoz411, cajun636 and Steeltoe like this.
  15. SmokeSignalRT

SmokeSignalRT Fat Member

Dustin if you decide to get it built/fixed I can pick it up at Barber and drop it off anywhere between there and home if it helps.

cajun636, Ducti89 and Chris like this.
  16. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

This. I sold an SV project with an unproven motor that I had bought from a vendor who had sold me good motors in the past. ( I was purging the Probst debacle - that project was bad mojo and I was done.)

I sold the motor as "unknown, never run", basically "as is" as I had never gotten around to assembling it all.

The guy I sold it to was fine with all that, except that when he started putting it all together - the nitpicking began. He got to the motor and it suddenly "had issues".

My word/reputation means a lot to me. So even though I sold it as is, I gave him $xxx to get another motor (essentially what the going rate for a used SV motor at the time).

Even though people asked me why - you didn't have to based on the as is deal etc - I want to keep my name in tact.

I can't have people MFing me over money. ( I provide plenty of other reasons for people to MF me. :D)

ToofPic, Boman Forklift and cajun636 like this.
  17. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I am LMAO over here. For years, you wouldn't post his name publicly and when you finally do, you can't stop. Have you and your therapist had a breakthrough? :crackup:

R1Racer99, Fencer, Phl218 and 4 others like this.
  18. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

I wondered how long it would take you to notice this. :D

Frankly - I was (am) ashamed of myself for how I handled it.

VFR#52 likes this.
  19. tittys04

tittys04 Well-Known Member

20. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

You'd better keep that damn thing - I was on my way to get it and then you showed up!!! :D