1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Another I got F$@&!?? Thread.

Discussion in 'General' started by cajun636, Jun 21, 2018.

1. cajun636

cajun636 Honda Junkie.

So back in November I bought an R6 and decided that since I have shitty luck, to buy and extra spare motor. So rather than buy an eBay motor I went in search one on here. I was looking for one with low time/miles... this way I can do shit the right way and refresh one and rotate them and always have a known fresh spare. This was the spare I bought.

Tadaaaaa I find this one http://forums.13x.com/index.php?thr...3-race-weekends-on-build.347848/#post-5195454

Looks to have low hours on the build, and appears clean. Talk to the guy on the phone. I express my concerns with R6 motors and actually told him about the bike that I just bought, the guy actually agreed to give me a 6 month eBay motor warranty bc I’m so skittish. Darroch (roach954) reassures me that a guarantee like that is not needed on this motor bc he promises low hours and well kept maintainence. I ask him if he has any compression numbers, he advises no but his engine builder assures him all the numbers were good.

We agree to $2200 shipped and I’d send him a deposit of $200 and send the rest in a couple days. After speaking to him I had full confidence in not only the transaction but the motor. So much so that I said well I’ll send the money friends and family so he doesn’t get charged the fees on the original $200 and remaining $2,000. He says he’s going to send me the ECU and Power Commander for the engine also since it has ignition advance and mapping between the two ok cool. It gets here and is clean other than case cover scratches. Unlike every other motor I’ve bought I don’t check the compression. Even my dad asks me about it and I’m like naaaa dad this a good dude I talked to him for 30 mins. And I mentioned that I wouldn’t fuck him because of my good name within the racing community and how word gets around. Well he doesn’t race anymore though.

So anyways, I run the 200, have a filter debacle, dyno that engine then park the bike. And start doing the MotoAmerica Twins stuff. Meanwhile the engine has sat under a blanket waiting for me to have time to put it in.

Now fast forward till the weekend before CycleJam weekend, I talk to Mike Godin and am going to bring my original engine to him to be rebuilt and refreshed like I originally said. Pull that one out, out this one in.

Now I’m kind of excited because this motor has a little extra HP and especially over the whopping 112 my original motor has. But moreover I’m just happy to have a the ability to have two motors and do it the right way. Yay me

Having known R6’s and their shitty stators, the first thing I do is since his is an unknown stator, I pull his cover out to put my known brand new one in... hmmm that’s odd, a piece of metal stuck to the flywheel... so I take a pic, swap them then swap the clutch so I’m going to Road Atlanta with a new clutch and stator.

Swap the engine, get his motor put in this past Friday afternoon, thumb the starter and it just spins but doesn’t start.... odd, however I have to leave to take the kids to eat.. say ok well I’ll fool with it in the morning. Wake up early, press the button and same thing occurs. Nothing but turns over. So I say ok, let me check the compression... battery charged, check, battery charger on battery, check.. noted that while pulling plugs out they were tough to come out like they had loc-tight on them. Turns out that this is because he runs MR12 and after time it gets gummy on the last thread and a half that protrude a little. No biggie tho, although the threads look a little funky, I later figure out the whole MR12 thing

Number one cylinder 1-120psi, 2-80,3-120,4-150... now, ok what the fuck.

I message him say hey man, I finally got to putting the motor you sold me in and uhhhh wtf is up with these compression numbers and this piece of metal...

He says I’m not sure what to say, the motor ran well the last time

I ran it at NJ and around my neighborhood. I say ok, but this is how I got it from you and the compression numbers are fucked. Not to mention the piece of metal. He Says not sure what to tell me as it was running strong but he pulled the motor and the plug on racing due to funds..

I say ok, let me verify a few things and I will get back with you. I put the plugs back in, go over the plugs, realize I had one mixed up (power commander plug unplugged) thumb the starter and it starts. Yay, but got honey do’s to do so i tell him that I spoke with my mechanic that says that the low compression numbers can be from carbon buildup after sitting especially running race gas.. I say ok make sense. I send him a video of it running. He says yeah you can see the built up in the exhaust chambers.

Next morning, I go out and start to put the rest together, start it, this time rev it a little and hear a terrible sound. Instantly turn it off... now I’m really like what the fucking fuck.

I message him and ask him what the fuck. He tells me that the motor was good when it left there. I ask is he suggesting that I ran the motor or

Something and caused it to take a crap? He says no, only that it ran good and that the case cover shows no damage to suggest something wrong with that piece of metal on the flywheel and why it would run like shit. He then says, well I can see we are not going to see eye to eye on this and it will not end amicably and it ran very strong on track prior to pulling it.

So I go and look for these strong track numbers last time on track. He was last on track at New Jersey with CCS and I start looking for lap times and race results.... hmmm that’s odd, I don’t see any. So I google his name and that weekend and a pic turns up with him on track.. oh ok so he WAS out there. Ok good. Ok let me check practice, oh ok yeah he is running well in first practice. Got some 1:31’s. And is in 5th or so on the time sheets.. go to second practice, hey that’s odd, out lap, 1:31... then a 7:18.... what the heck..

Then I go and look at his posts, the first one after that weekend was the post of his tires that he prepaid for sale and MR12. Then proceeds to slowly part the bike and lists the motor up in October. He said he had to pack up his season bc if a kid and not having the funds to repair the bike. Has the funds to run MR12 and prepay for Tires though and just have the motor rebuilt.. So after seeing the crash and go back and look at the ad.. funny no mention of the crash just prior to parting the bike in the ad. I try calling no answer, so I message him and ask him why didn’t he tell me about the crash and why not finish the race weekend. He says because he didn’t have a tail section. In a paddock with 800 entries.... that and that a motor doesn’t break from a low side, he’s seen thousands and they are fine.

I look at all his parts listed here, forks, they good, triples,frame, hmmm what parts could possibly break the bank so much that a season has to be scraped for it?? So what maybe tail second $150, subframe $125. Yep that’ll kill off the season for me too. Oh wait no it won’t. You have that in MR12 laying around.

So I ask him if maybe we can come

To and agreement and have it looked at which I shouldn’t have to do with a motor I haven’t ran anyways but at this point I’m looking for any option bc I’m fucked. He says naaa I’m on my own. “The motor was good when it left here”

So I asked did you run the motor on track after the crash? Nope, I ran it around my house. Again odd, the subframe appears to be snapped...

Now, when on the phone talking to him, I told him what I do for a living. For those who don’t know, my street days and narcotics days are over. I now work in Financial crimes. I am also commissioned with several Federal Agencies. We deal with theft, can be 6 million, can be an IRS scam, can be a theft by fraud.

Now. This money was transferred on two separate occasions via PayPal, but since I’m such a fucking trusting idiot I sent it friends and family. So there goes the PayPal protection. However the money was still sent from here to there. My house falls within my jurisdiction technically, But also not bc I live within a city (i work for a sheriffs office).

So after being told to fuck off I run the case down to a guy that works in a different section from me but is used to dealing with this type of thing. He asked if the motor was sold as is, well I said

Yes, as is with 121 horsepower or there about. He asks if it is significantly not as advertised, I say damn right is, it sounds like shit and I quickly cut it off as a result. He then asks if the payment was sent via a computer, yep.

So he says to go make a report for Computer fraud at the local police department. Now this is a felony. And the justification would be the misrepresentation of the motor with the accompanying dyno as proof of its validity and expected performance. But with a felony, it is an extraditable offense. I, in the last month have tried to speak to him via phone but have yet to speak. Only texts. Ballless.

Now because of my job I can’t do like most would do.. which is deliver it back to him.

2. cajun636

cajun636 Honda Junkie.

TL/DR I know lol

3. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

Chaotic signed in as Dustin?

track wagon likes this.
  4. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

1rst post.

5. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

Nevermind 2nd.

6. cajun636

cajun636 Honda Junkie.

Lmao son of a! I knew that was Coming

7. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

Ok,made it through............that sucks.

8. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

All I have for you is this Dustin. Good on you for calling him out and acting on it.

I’ve said it before, I wish I’d had the guts to call Probst out on his malfeasance when he screwed me.

MELK-MAN, Boman Forklift and cajun636 like this.
  9. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

sorry for your troubles man. :(

cajun636 likes this.
  10. slimjim00

slimjim00 Well-Known Member

Sorry buddy, hope you're able to go after him. You're too nice of a dude to get screwed like this.

TurboBlew and cajun636 like this.
  11. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

FTP?

too soon??? too soon?

Sorry about your luck....shaddy effers suck.

Phl218 and cajun636 like this.
  12. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

Would love to see his look when you tell him face-to-face, "BTW, I'm a cop."

On the flip side, there's no guarantees with a race engine. Coulda been fine for one more stint, then blow up. Coulda blown up on roach's stint if he hadn't crashed. Ya just never know.
    What you can know is the builder's reputation. Even then, there's no guarantees.

You want an engine built? Look up Cycle Dynamics in Kenner.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2018
    MELK-MAN likes this.
  13. _indy

_indy Well-Known Member

Man that sucks. Hope you have luck making him sorry for the FU your on your own.

Nice you have an avenue most don't.

Lastly, I trust this will be revisited to him 100 fold.

cajun636 likes this.
  14. cajun636

cajun636 Honda Junkie.

He knows I’m a cop.

My Main problem is I would never fuck anyone. Ever. :(

15. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Ooh can you deputize us?

16. assjuice cyrus

assjuice cyrus Well-Known Member

Awwww damn, waitimg for the fucking piece of shit @MELK-MAN to come tell you how your wrong and he has pm's to prove it. Its all here say and you have no proof..

17. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

3 of us bought a "built" gixxer from a "friend" when we were getting into this thing, for endurance. Back cut transmission, SS build, yada yada.

Right off the rip, he says I shorted him $100 when I paid him. I handled the money, so I had to make good on it. No biggie, fuck it.

We take it to a local guy to dyno it...
    95 hp...
    Pete began no longer accepting phone calls from any of us. Haven't seen, nor heard from Pete since 2006. Fuck you, Pete.

18. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

Also, dude knows he has a bullet proof Judge Judy defense. He just has to bring in info about Dustin's wrenching ability vis a vis motorcycles and airboxes full of gas.

Thats what happened Judge Judy...."Officer Airbox" over there wrenched on this perfect motor....next thing you know its got carbs full of MR12 and that caused the damage.

:D

19. Funkm05

Funkm05 Dork

Ah yes ... the Officer Airbox gave the motor the AIDS defense. Classic.

20. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

Come pick me up at the airport. After I shoot him you can plant the gun on him....:D

Shit...I probably should have done that in a PM.

scottn and cajun636 like this.