1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Another car thread. Wanting a sports car. Which one?

Discussion in 'General' started by assjuice cyrus, May 26, 2022.

1. Phl218

Phl218 .

The nokians on the big benz were shit and noisy as hell.

now it’s on p-zeros with foam inside, great performance and quiet as a whistle.

2. That's awesome. :crackup:

3. I do have to say the SC’s that came on the Panigale 1299S were very good.

But (in my experience) the Bridgestone OEM variant that comes on a lot of bikes is shit.

4. BigBird

BigBird blah

How often do you drive in 40F or colder weather? that would also be a consideration. Those P Zero I presume will need a little heat before they start sticking, akin to a motorcycle tire.

You could sell the OEM tires I as take-offs. On the street, you probably won't use 40% of the P Zeros capability any way, or at least not 99% of the time.

Had this issue with my Dad and his X5 M50, the only all-seasons that he could find in his size were some Nittos. I advised against that, but he decided that's what he wanted.

The biggest reason I use all-seasons on the Golf, Michelin AS3+, I don't really drive in the snow, I'll wait til the roads are plowed, I do drive in the cold, and they last longer than summer tires. I have track tires (200TW) that are usually on in the summer anyway, but on the street, all-seasons are fine 99% of the time.

5. BigBird

BigBird blah

were these your tires this morning?

[​IMG]

6. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

Cool....a mohawk.

7. Hmm, it’s hard to say. Between November and April there is a good chance it will be that cold, and might snow (or at least will rain often).

November and April vary. I might be able to wear shorts and a t-shirt, or it might snow (the worst snow storm my area every got was in April one year).

But Dec-March it is guaranteed the weather will be shit. It might not rain, but it will be cold.

I’ve never used Summer tires. I’ve always used All-Season.

But with that being said, the TGT is active AWD (sends power to the wheels with grip), and it has all the Traction Control shit.

So I assume as long as I don’t drive like an asshat, the Summer tires would probably be ok in any weather, right?

8. BigBird

BigBird blah

not snow, but anything else you should be fine. it's the braking that will be the sketchiest. you should be fine overall

Gorilla George likes this.
  9. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

I should have mentioned something along the lines of traction when I spoke of the PS2s (older PS4?) I've used for the last two replacements.
    Traction is shit until you get heat in 'em. Fifteen minutes down the highway will bring them up to par or I watch the tire pressures...they have to go up 2-3 psi before the 'Vette can be driven with any authority.
    Ach, that's not completely true. You can start out driving with whatever level of authority you want. You just may not get any farther than the nearest ditch when they're cold. :D

10. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

You need a winter car.

11. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I'd rather add in Nitto and Swamper mud tires for the winter :D

12. diggy

diggy Well-Known Member

From what I remember from living in the CO, almost no one uses studded tires. The dedicated snow tires, I used Bridgestone Blizzaks, outperform basic studded tires and are way quieter, etc. Snow tires are trash when its warm and you're using all that HP..

For Houston, no way I'd recommend getting snow tires.

BigBird likes this.
  13. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

All this talk of studded tires and snow tires. I grew up in Illinois and we only used all season tires. That’s all my parents still use.

I’m sure the blizzacks are better, but you can get around with all seasons pretty well.

14. Damnit Mongo. :crackup:

15. Oh shit, I have a great idea.

I can put the TGT in “off road” mode and it raises the whole car something like 4”.

I can get some spare wheels, and then throw on some bigass aggressive tires, something like some Nitto Tera-Grapplers, and then always drive the car jacked up in off-road mode.

How fucking funny would that be! :crackup:

Sudowoodo likes this.
  16. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Something is very wrong with you.

17. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Now this is an idea I can totally support.

18. You KNOW that shit would be funny as hell. I’d have the worlds first Turbo GT - Redneck version. :crackup:

19. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

Wouldn't it be easier and less expensive to just dial down the throttle during bad weather? Millions of people do fine driving in the snow. That car will be fine with the production rubber. C'mon Mario, you don't have to set a new track record every time you drive :D

20. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Minors will fully commit and get some camouflage wrap on it.