1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Another Boeing 737 Max-8 crash

Discussion in 'General' started by SPL170db, Mar 10, 2019.

1. cBJr

cBJr Well-Known Member

2. cBJr

cBJr Well-Known Member

just crazy still image from someone's dashcam:[​IMG]

3. Trainwreck

Trainwreck I could give a heck

My wife informed me that before takeoff there was a passenger that wasn't allowed on board due to some COVID protocol or something.

I wonder what kind of mental state that person is in.. Survivors guilt can be a real terrible thing.

Montoya and BigBird like this.
  4. BigBird

BigBird blah

:(

looks like they got the nose up for 20 seconds after that big drop. were they able to get it back up? possibly a fight in the cockpit?

5. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

Unless someone specifically flew that into the ground isn't it just time to put this particular model plane on the ground and leave it there?

6. Rugbydad

Rugbydad Tiny Member

Careful, you'll make Southwest pilots head explode with a comment like that.

Overall it's a great airplane, but Boeing has put 10lbs of shit in a 5lb bag with that airframe. They really needed to design a new plane instead of coming up with the Max.

7. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

Boeing has built over 10,000 737's of various models since the 60's. Most incidents/crashes have been to due human error. Overall they are very safe when flown by trained and competent crew.

So no I dont think so.

My money on this one is on shit Chinese Maintenance or shit Chinese flying skills, not something wrong with the 737-800.

Here a list in case your interested...
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_accidents_and_incidents_involving_the_Boeing_737

cpettit and stk0308 like this.
  8. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

To be clear not all 737's just this particular MAX variant. I am aware 737s have been in service for a long time without much issue.

Banditracer likes this.
  9. ronin1052

ronin1052 Well-Known Member

As stated previously, the mishap aircraft was NOT a MAX variant.
    Mishap aircraft was a 737-800 (aka 737NG). Nearly 5,000 737-800s have been delivered since the first was delivered in 1998.

This particular ship (Reg. B-1791) had been in service since June 2015.

Gino230, BigBird, stk0308 and 2 others like this.
  10. ChemGuy

And the Max is fine.

If you dont let stupid goat F*(&^#ing morons fly it.

11. HPPT

HPPT !!!

That would be like banning all Ducati 1199s after a bad crash because a couple of Panigales also crashed three years ago.

Gino230 and vfrket like this.
  12. Nathey

Nathey Well-Known Member

Lol that's not true, the crashes had nothing to do with the pilots. The Max is now a safe airplane but at the time it was released, it was a huge hazard. Required redundancies were ignored by Boeing and pilots were not given proper (read: any) training on the MCAS system. The pilots were never told that the system even existed. Even if they had been trained on it, it was almost impossible to regain control of the aircraft in time after a single AOA sensor went bad, causing MCAS to put the plane into a dive. Any way you look at it, it was a disaster. It has now been remedied and as far as I can tell is a very safe aircraft. I would say the Lion Air crash was partially the airline's fault due to shoddy maintenance but that was still an avoidable crash if Boeing had put in the necessary redundancies. The Ethi Airlines crash was 100% Boeing's fault though, not the pilots or the airline.

This crash is completely unrelated, as others have stated. I obviously don't know the cause of it, but the 737-800 doesn't have the MCAS system.

Last edited: Mar 23, 2022
  13. HPPT

HPPT !!!

You should have let Boeing know before they wasted all that money making the changes.

14. SteveThompson

SteveThompson Banned by amafan

You’ve been watching Netflix, haven’t you?

Gino230 likes this.
  15. ChemGuy

Fixed.

Fixed again.

Once again....if the pilots flying the plane had followed the runaway trim checklist and deactivated the stab trim...problem solved.

I will give you 1 thing though...they should have made dual AOA sensors a base item and not an option. Because failure of an AOA or Pitot tube has never caused a 121 class plane to crash. :rolleyes: Airbus/Air France I'm looking at you.

So I'll give you Boeing is 1% at fault due tot hat single point failure.

Red Fox Racing and Gino230 like this.
  16. ChemGuy

New and Improved! Now with less MCAS! Now less chance Goat F*$#^&G pilots will kill you!

They can just roll that money into the marketing budget. :D

17. Nathey

Nathey Well-Known Member

That, or I work for a Boeing subcontractor.

18. Nathey

Nathey Well-Known Member

Yeah you're right. It's almost like if Boeing had given the pilots proper training then this wouldn't have happened.

I see your point, but if you haven't had any simulator time and had never experienced a problem like this, you're not going to be prepared for a situation like this. In hindsight it's obviously an easy solution but when you're in the pilot seat and the plane starts nosing down, by the time you realize what's happening and start going through the checklist there's not going to be a lot of time to regain control. I have no experience with Lion Air but I know first hand that Ethiopian Airlines takes their quality and safety seriously so if it can happen to them it can happen to any airline.

BigBird likes this.
  19. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

This forum could save companies billions if they just gave us the chance

20. Resident Plarp

Resident Plarp drittsekkmanufacturing.com

Germanwings?