1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

And I thought this was a cool BBS....

Discussion in 'General' started by semiunofficiallyretired, Jul 2, 2002.

1. RAPTOR10

RAPTOR10 A Predator Near you......

I've always been told:"The only stupid question is the unasked question." Hell, even the Marines taught me that.

The whole purpose of a question is to get an answer. Now whether the answer is the correct one, one that you wanted to hear or a smart-a$$ed remark is all in the hands of the replier.

Not everybody is a Genius, what you may consider a stupid question may be lack of knowledge on the askers part. If he didn't know, he wouldn't have asked to begin with. Nobody should get flamed for asking a question. Also, nobody should have there posts flooded with useless information not relating to the original question at all. You learn from that, but if you ask the same question over and over and don't learn or gain knowledge, than yes, it is a stupid question. Why, becuase you didn't grasp the concept in the first few times. Also take into consideration, not everybody is a rocket scientist and can understand the first time the answer is given, you must be able to respond in a manner that the asker will most easily be able to understand. =

The thing that I have noticed that bothers me the most is how somebody will ask for advice, or a question, then a couple of people will invade the posting and go off on there own, and the original question never got answered. Case in point.

A asks a question
    B and C read it.

B starts to answer it with another question
    C sees that B is on the post and hasnt talked to him in a while
    B and C start talking back and forth and A is stuck in the cold without his question ever being answered. That happens alot on here, but who am I to say anything, they have just as much a right to be there as I do, I just think it is a little dis-respectful is all.

2. Litespeed

Litespeed Rocket Scientist

I think you actually earned that title way before you voiced your opinion. It was kind of cute to watch you and Ex start your little competition but once it started to affect the usefulness of the board it caused problems. The fact that you are not able to just state "Yes, I guess that was uncalled for" and instead try to give reasons or shovel blame somewhere else is why you are starting to be looked down upon by these people. People make mistakes, mature people own up to them. If you sit back and realize that it's appropriate to post pad in some places and not others then everyone will be much better off.

3. mad brad

mad brad Guest

damn, litespeed!!! you and i agree? they are eating snowcones in hell today?!

4. SpongeBob WeaselPants

SpongeBob WeaselPants Bohemian Ass-Clown

Watch it BW... next you'll be agreeing with Ted Kennedy :D

5. mad brad

mad brad Guest

i've always said, if bill would have let ted drive monica home that night, shit would have been different!!! :D

6. JKHobson

JKHobson A.K.A. "The Hammer"

You would think someone in his position could pick a swallower.:rolleyes:

7. TSC_113

TSC_113 Look At me!!!

Zeb I've been reading this and wondering when you were going to calm down a bit. It seems to me that you got real peeved when Mongo had a little fun by changing the flood control times and then took away some of your posts.

It started off as fun for both of you but then Brad jumped in and the world blew up. :D
    Then that big old text problem where sarcasm and humour don't always show very well turned into the biggest bunch of crap I've seen in a long time.
    Like I said in the PM I sent earlier. Everyone got real childish with the name calling.

It's only fun until someone loses an eye.

I like to see challenging discussions about almost anything. The religion one was good and I'm glad i stayed out of it, but you seemed quite intelligent there. This thread however turned everyone into 2 year olds with keyboards..

:D

Hey everyone I'm going to go racing before Due North does this year and I don't even own a motorcycle :p

Last edited: Jul 4, 2002
  8. ZebProctor

ZebProctor Well-Known Member

how many names did I call anyone??? I've been called everything from dumb, stupid, and childish, to sure, and ridiculous...... but not once do i recall calling anyone a name... and boy do i hate being called a name by someone that had never met, like I said before, I see noone that actually knows me on here calling me an asshole, so I'm about as calm as the next guy about all this....... later, hope you had a good 4th...

9. TSC_113

TSC_113 Look At me!!!

Actually being Canadian the 4th o July is just another workin day. However I did have a good july 1st.

Ya have to take everything that is said on the BBS with a big ole grain of Salt in my opinion.

Have a good weekend. Hope you got to see all them peoples you've been missing.:cool:

10. RCjohn

RCjohn Killin machine.

If Linda Tripp hadn't got Monica's crap on tape then Ted might have been driving her home. :rolleyes:

:p

11. LAR

LAR Well-Known Member

OK, you got me there...I don't *always* get my way...but it makes me happier to think that I do :D

12. LAR

LAR Well-Known Member

Zeb, I have met you once and think you are a nice guy, so I'm not in this to "bash" you, but when I have a point to make, I will make it. Nothing Sean has done, in my eyes, affects WERA at all. Sean is the moderator of this board and has every right to kick any one of us in the ass at any time, period.

WERA, IMHO, is a class act. You should realize that, as a racer, after all of this Papa stuff happened. This organization truly cares about our safety and about us. Period. THAT, my friend, is all you should care about. We are racers, and racing is dangerous. THEY, WERA, take care of us while we are out "playing" on the track.

Who cares what goes on here on the BBS????? The BBS is for fun. I personally care more about what Sean, Evelyn, and all the WERA employees do for us while we are at the track. Sean could give me the big, F-you here on the BBS...but I'd still give him a hug at the track for taking care of our safety. And that, my friend, is the bigger picture you need to look at!!!!

13. RAPTOR10

RAPTOR10 A Predator Near you......

Bravo Laura, Bravo...........

14. your pastor

your pastor Well-Known Member

just want to let everyone know that i was here, but i left my sh!t stirring stick at home. mom says i can maybe pick it up next week. only problem is i need a ride over to the house to pick it up. anybody what to volunteer?

btw, this thread is SO GAY!

15. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Woohoo! I get a hug from LAG :D

16. LAR

LAR Well-Known Member

anytime, Mongo...anytime! :)

17. mad brad

mad brad Guest

mongo, i'll plant a big ole' hug on ya too. as soon as we finally meet, that is!!! :p

18. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

Run, Mongo! RUN!

19. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I'm kinda thinkin Brad should be the one slightly afraid in this scenario :D

20. mad brad

mad brad Guest

i fear no man. unless if course, you are a rump ranger!!!