1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

American Road Racing

Discussion in 'General' started by John Branch, Oct 5, 2019.

1. lopitt85

lopitt85 Well-Known Member

That's a good dad. Said thanks for disciplining him when I wasnt there to fix him. Kid probably got some extra attention from dad too.

Reminds me of when I was a kid. Neighbor would straighten you out. Parents would thank the neighbor and straighten the kid out again.

MachineR1 and Circacee like this.
  2. I was wondering if I was going to get shot, they live kind of on a country road out of my hood. They shoot guns a lot there. To be honest I just want the kid to be able to ride and have fun. If he keeps being an ass it will ruin it for him and everyone else that pretty much has a pass to get from place to place on atv’s even though it’s technically not allowed here by law. Same with golf carts etc. I have a 40mph + golf cart but you bet your ass it’s not in that state when the kids get it and if it was I “feel” my kids know better. I sent the kids dad a link to share with him about shrinking orv areas etc. I wasn’t trying to be a dick, although when it comes to protecting my kids I can be. I was actually protecting the kid as well as that shit, if an accident were to happen could ruin his life not to mention enough people complain the cops will have to do something. I’m really glad the dad did something as well and was cool with it. Gives me at least some hope for humanity. I also seen the mom at a stop sign this morning, she rolled down her window and thanked me for “keeping her son in line when he was out of sight and out of line” and assured me the lines are very clear now. Also thanked me for offering for him to ride on my property, etc. nice when things work out the way they should.

Gino230 likes this.
  3. I think they were just at a track day as well. That’s a big deal for some track day folks, that’s who some aspire to ride like and encourages some to go race.

4. Scotty87

Scotty87 Lacks accountability

Lololol. Slow down there grandpa, you sure it’s not heavy metal and skateboards? Or jazz and dancing?

Video games have been around for 30+ years. Hasn’t changed shit. I’m not even sure how social media is ‘killing real sports’ but it’s on the things to hate when you’re over 50 list so I get it.

ts199 and Hoffman900 like this.
  5. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

:crackup: Dey tuk r jawbs!

6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Works for me. Tell me what we should do different.

7. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

Too late.....you're killing it. :D

8. Shocker

Shocker Well-Known Member

I'm sure Chuck will see this thread at some point and he can correct me, but I've seen the Westby team at a lot more track days than any of the other SBK teams. I've been out at Barber and at Jennings when they were there testing. I've even seen Mat's crew chief (Ed?) riding his own R6 out at Jennings a few times and he can corner low on that thing.

9. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Grammar snowflake.

10. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Then you are doing it wrong. Victory is self declared.

wsmc42 likes this.
  11. YoshiHNS

YoshiHNS Mr. Slowly

The 'Fast and the Furious' movies killed the motorcycle industry. All the young kids spent $30k on a $3k Honda Civic and wrecked them twice. Now they can barely afford a toaster from Costco. Some lucky ones have bought Honda Monkeys. Several. Each.

YamahaRick likes this.
  12. Stop being so damn ugly.

13. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Bitch please, you just wish you were as pretty as me :D

14. stangmx13

stangmx13 Well-Known Member

seriously. how come cars get F&F and motorcycles get Torque? UGH.

Gino230 and YoshiHNS like this.
  15. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Pneumatico Delle Vittorie Retired "Tire" Guy

Shit I'd be happy if the 16 to 45 age bought any frickin m/c at this point. New used I don't care. Woods bikes, mx, dual sport, cruiser or hell side by sides and ATVs

ducnut and TurboBlew like this.
  16. Kev59

Kev59 Well-Known Member

They were at CMP last weekend. The timing was perfect on a few occasions when the Scholtz Kid came by me. On a track he'd never been to (I think) he unknowingly helped me figure out a few things I've been working on for years! I've been racing almost 30 years but this was my first track day, so I'll give track days a pass... I think they help the industry more than hurt.

17. ts199

ts199 Well-Known Member

There is so much validity to your last sentence. I am over 50 and catch myself often falling into that trap, or as you put it, having a list of things to hate. Your music sucks, that new fad is stupid, Pro video gamers WTF Ect.

It will catch you out if you’re not careful.

Steeltoe and backbone like this.
  18. Scotty87

Scotty87 Lacks accountability

100%. Find myself there as well. I’ll turn 44 in a couple weeks, just trying to not hate shit that is new to me, just because.

19. YamahaRick

YamahaRick Yamaha Two Stroke Czar

I just took screenshots of the last few comments with my Polaroid camera, so I can preserve them. Eventually I'll have the last laugh, just like when I predicted the telegraph will be the end of all advancements in communication, replacing The Pony Express. Yep, I saw it firsthand.

I still think (online) gamers and social media whores have redefined recreational activities from what they once were. But have at it - I won't stop you. I'll just laugh at you.

Gino230 and TurboBlew like this.
  20. Chino52405

Chino52405 Well-Known Member

I used to get home from school and meet up with my friends on dirt bikes and quads in the woods. We'd all have gone home and raced each other on Forza instead if it wasn't the era of Nintendo, no internet and shared tvs in the house. Same for all the one pump wars turned paint ball in later years. Call of Duty online clans would have probably sufficed.

I don't think it's all to blame, but it makes being lazy not such a lonely choice.