1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

American Road Racing

Discussion in 'General' started by John Branch, Oct 5, 2019.

1. TXFZ1

TXFZ1 Well-Known Member

NESBA sucks!

2. ts199

ts199 Well-Known Member

Rich Oliver, Josh Hayes, Cam Beaubier and Garett Gerloff were all riding at a Z2/Yamaha Rworld trackday the Monday after the MA race in Sonoma.

They were just having fun with the rest of the attendees. It does still happen but your right, not all the time.

When it starts getting cold in the rest of the country, you will see a lot of fast guys at Chuckwalla trackdays.

3. ts199

ts199 Well-Known Member

I see your point and I raced during that time also. Sportbike sales are so much lower now vs. back then, I wonder how many racers we would have today if the only way to be on track was signing up for a race.

I wouldn't say trackdays are killing club racing, but the trackday orgs that also have a few races during the day sure don’t help clubs like WERA.

4. YamahaRick

YamahaRick Yamaha Two Stroke Czar

Social media and video games are killing real sports.

When I have a 20-something so-called "man" as an Uber passenger, I at times have to throw up in my mouth. And when the 20-something females bitch about their dates, I tell them quit dating guys that have more estrogen in them than you.

R Acree, cav115, Gino230 and 2 others like this.
  5. JBowen33

JBowen33 Only fast on Facebook

You don’t need a sportbike to get on the track. There are many other genres of bikes that can go around a racetrack. I mean a certain org let a sportster out on the track one time lol
    No society itself killed motorcycles. Motorcycles are not “cool” or a rebellious sign anymore or as much as they were back in the day. High insurance rates, high price tags, and social stigmatism has killed the motorcycle industry.

You tell anyone nowadays who doesn’t ride motorcycles you do and all they want to do is tell you your an idiot and your going to die.

cav115, j cal, Laz and 2 others like this.
  6. I don’t think it’s a 1:1 ratio comparing them vs now and “having to” race to get on the track. Yes you’d see an increase in grids if the only option to get on the track was to race but if you took all the trackday only people I’d be willing to be over 50% probably more like 75 would not even go to the track if they had to race. Just my thoughts after being at track days. Most do it for fun and not a competition, unless trying to win a track day then gloves are off. :)

Pitmom42, drop and ducnut like this.
  7. I don’t see how they do that with insurance.

8. Gixxerguy855

Gixxerguy855 Well-Known Member

Karl,
    I’m patiently waiting for you post a picture of your trophy “house” instead of room. I got a kick out of that post though. People truly do not know each other on the beeb sometimes.

MachineR1 and wsmc42 like this.
  9. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

I’m blaming it all on NASCAR....

10. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

I never won a track day. :(

ts199 likes this.
  11. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

thats exactly it... the fun part. Not that racing cant be fun but theres alot less involved in signing up for a trackday.
    Id be willing to bet that anyone that participates in closed course riding has a certain appreciation for what the top racers can do.
    The only way you "win" a track day is when they let you have the cold track to yourself & 5 of the fastest riders there... & you make those riders look like amatuers...lol. And they announce your team plans for the upcoming season. :D
    Then you can enter club races... and give your podium placques/trophies to fans or competitors. :D Or if you want to pull off on the last lap... thats ok too! :D

12. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

the key is to be out there early & often! :D

cav115, Steeltoe and Ducti89 like this.
  13. And hit the pace car :)

TurboBlew likes this.
  14. notbostrom

notbostrom DaveK broke the interwebs

Nice to see something new discussed on the beeb for a change

jksoft, Sabre699, Steeltoe and 3 others like this.
  15. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

LMAO.... Winning post above!:rock:

16. John Branch

John Branch 90125

I do not live here, and late too this game. So I probably missed this before? Sorry my bad

17. notbostrom

notbostrom DaveK broke the interwebs

No reason to apologize and don't worry you didn't miss anything

18. Nothing at all, just a repeat and it’s still the same.
    Reminds of the kid I almost laid a beating on yesterday. He was flying up and down my street on his atv. We have a boat load of trails and I’ve even told the kid he can use the trails on my property after the first time he got a talking to. We have a hood with a lot of kids and blind corners. This wasn’t a case of get off my lawn type of thing. He chose to win a track day vs racing :) needless to say I haven’t heard his atv since I yanked him off it by his helmet then proceeded to take it off him so he could truly understand what I was saying. His dad sent me a text later yesterday saying “first I apologize for my son, there’s no excuse for that and second, thanks for scaring the crap out of him but not taking it too far”. Riding on the roads on atv’s is like doing track days. It will ruin it for all of us that want to ride off road is the moral of the story.

TurboBlew and Senna like this.
  19. Spang308

Spang308 Well-Known Member

Graves did the same after the final MA round at NJMP a few years ago...2016 maybe, it was when they were running the yellow/black anniversary colors. They were allowing members of the press ride the bikes as well and may have been doing some filming also. It was cool being on track with those guys and humbling to see up close and firsthand how stupid fast they are...even just goofing off at a trackday.

ts199, TurboBlew and ducnut like this.
  20. Shocker

Shocker Well-Known Member

Mat Scholtz and his crew chief showed up at Barber in November a couple years ago (right after he won the STK1000 championship and was making the jump to SBK). He had the Westby bike with him and he was just effortlessly riding around the outside of the advanced riders and still turning mid to high 20 laps depending on the amount of traffic. It was amazing to see him ride, even for the short bit of time you could see him in front of you.

ducnut likes this.