1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AMA loses Geico

Discussion in 'General' started by Rad625, Dec 24, 2013.

1. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

Any competitor showing too great an advantage over other competitors on class-legal motorcycles will be forced to haul the now reinstated pace car around for two laps, to give the struggling competitors opportunity to showcase their talents to their many sponsors via the to-be-determined media outlet's broadcast audience.

I like it. It flows well, and you can dance to it. :crackup:

2. 418

418 Expert #59

"Competition yellow". It's coming to the AMA track near you. :D

3. nigel smith

nigel smith Well-Known Member

Any rider who demonstrates a clear performance advantage will have some personal components removed to level the field.:rolleyes:

4. six6two

six6two AWD

I like that.:up:

5. iomTT

iomTT Well-Known Member

Me also:clap:

6. Jed

Jed mellifluous

we got debris in turn 3!!!! its gonna be a green white checker!

7. Shenanigans

Shenanigans in Mr.Rogers neighborhood

boogity boogity boogity

8. That bulletin is the pussification of America, roadracing style.

9. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

I mean if they do shit like they did to the Ducati's in WSBK by making them run smaller throttle bodies than stock or whatever that shit was, or tack on some ballast to make the bike heavier that is a bit shitty. But if they do it by removing (expensive) advanced rider aids perhaps to bring them to closer parity.

10. IMO, you dont do shit like that in the middle of the season. You come out with a rulebook way in advance, and you stick to it.

Surely there are enough people in the AMA with enough experience to know what equipment/parts/power to weight ratio/etc will give a team an advantage and what won't. They should also have an idea about what certain teams can afford or have available and others cant/don't. It isnt something they should have to "wait and see what happens, and then adjust the rules accordingly".

Teams spend countless hours developing/testing/setting up the bikes, long before the next season begins. You can't let the season start after all of that work, preparation and money...then see that a bike/rider is fast and be like "ok, that has to come off before next weekend and you can't use that anymore". They could end up forcing a team to go back to the drawing board, mid-season, which has the potential to completely ruin the season. That is just a shitty way to conduct a professional series.

Once again, this is just my opinion.

Last edited: Dec 27, 2013
  11. HFD1Motorsports

HFD1Motorsports BIKE TUNA

see DMG is not a total French fry

12. HFD1Motorsports

HFD1Motorsports BIKE TUNA

We can whine and cry all day long that this guy or this management team is screwing it up. The real deal is the lack of good show that the average joe likes to come and watch. Secondly is the lack of funding face it we are still slogging along dragging the same theme around with no real way of getting sponcers for a better payout. AMA just needs to be flushed. The horse has been beat so much that you could not make a condom out of it:)

13. gpstar748

gpstar748 Well-Known Member

WERA or someone should start a pro series run on the same weekends as one of the car racing series (IRL, GrandAm, etc...)

Australia does it.

Car racing attracts a decent amount of fans. Granted we would be the sideshow of the weekend but people would be exposed to bikes and would begin to love it.

Macau does it and even though it's just one bike race in the middle of a lot of car racing, the fans absolutely love it.

Why can't this be done?

14. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

Because, the average American don't give a shit about Motorcycle Racing, Americans and told from birth how dangerous they are and to stay off them.
    Add to that, Roadracing is not a "full view" spectator sport.

15. I agree with those points, but i also agree with what Brandon is saying.

I think he is saying we should try to have motorcycle events at the same time as car events, at the same place and same weekend. Like when there are cars at Road Atlanta, Barber, VIR, etc...we would also have some races.

We would be the "also ran", meaning we wouldnt be the main attraction. But it could expose motorcycle racing to a whole new group of people.

Not sure how it would work, because we can't even fit 1-2 more races into the WERA schedule, and the AMA schedule is pretty packed with practice, qualifying and races for 4 different classes.

So it is probably logistically impossible, but i like the idea. The only way it might be possible would be if it was a one-off race. Like JUST a SBK or DSB race, in the middle of the car weekend (instead of a complete AMA schedule).

16. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

We need a section on this forum specifically designated for everyone, on how roadracing in this country should be "fixed".

It would go just below The Dungeon.

17. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

Money, resources, desire, will, know-how, etc.

:)

18. gpstar748

You're missing my point though....

19. It can go right below the "Tires" section. :D

20. gpstar748

I think it hasn't been done because no one has even tried it...

the motorcycle orgs and racers think we need to be THE show and want everyone should be coming to see

combine it with car events like these and you could see both sports grow

has it even been attempted...?