1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AMA loses Geico

Discussion in 'General' started by Rad625, Dec 24, 2013.

1. GNC

GNC Jim Rashid

never said that club racing is doing anything to hurt pro racing. I suggested that we build up club racing in this country which in turn will build up the pro series at some point. Yes the 3 hr endurance was something for the pros that worked in the past.

2. GNC

GNC Jim Rashid

yes moto st was a joke but back in the early 90's the 3 hr events ran in conjunction with the pro weekends had some very exciting races. they also gave some amateurs the opportunity to ride at a pro weekend. By amateurs I am referring to club level novices that would team with expert level riders.

3. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

I feel less bad for the series itself than I do for talented riders that are stuck here instead of having options in better series where they could get more exposure.

4. GNC

GNC Jim Rashid

What AMA riders are stuck here? I guess they could go to BSB but they would have to bring money. oh wait Honda pulled out of that series after winning the championship. There isn't anything forcing riders to stay in the US. What exposure would they get and from whom ?

It's the economy that is killing everything , Like JU said when the manufacturers make money they spend money. Instead of complaining and whining about TV coverage actually go to a race , if you have extra money send it to you're favorite racer so he can run a decent program. All the posts on here are nothing but negative all the time.

If you're going to bitch and complain all the time nothing will ever change.

5. :stupid:

What he said, and can we drop all the sarcasm and put some collective experienced brains together? I cannot do anything by myself and don't have enough money or influence to be invited to the planning table. I can support WERA every month or more by showing up to race, invite friends, recruit new kids and old alike to come see and try their talent.

Some of us are only going to be club racers and that's cool, others have bigger plans and WERA covers more geographical area than anyone else I know of.

Lead, follow, or get out of the way.

JMHO

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 26, 2013
  6. 418

418 Expert #59

BSB is whole lot of healthier that the AMA. Young guns like Aquino, Jacobsen and Ripsoli see that. Guys planning to run 2014 with AMA and seeing how things are panning out are obviously stuck here for now. Kinda hard to get a overseas ride at the last minute.

7. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Well, then ask DMG to do something right instead of f@cking everything up.

They had a great platform to build off of but then they just burned the toast at every step.

I guess we could lie, that help?

8. Headlines-WERA buys AMA roadracing, re-launches WERA-Pro....

9. Hate McDead

Hate McDead Well-Known Member

This is some happy shit if ever there is such a thing.

The AMA is going to police its competitors every two event weekends and impliment restrictions if they determine there is an unfair performance advantage. Here's the sole informaton from their bulletin:
    This sounds very arbitrary to start with. God forbid you piss them off while you're winning or, conversely, you kiss their collective asses and gain some favor. Plus the restrictions aren't spelled out in any fashion. Ultimately, the absurdity of this is that phrase 'every two event weekends' since there are only 4 hard events at this point. This means that they really only have the opportunity to impliment a change once for their entire season.

The remaining AMA bulletin is equally absurd. If you think you machine is at a competitive disadvantage, you can request an evaluation. Then the AMA can determine if they think there's a need to review this further. Again, this all hinges on their arbitrary perspective.
    The next step of the process gets even more rediculous. If the AMA decides there possibly is a competitive disadvantage, they call a meeting with the other manufacturers to make a recommendation and then the AMA decides what to do. Again, the evaluation and the 2 event period makes this a impossible to determine changes and modify it along the way.
    Ultimately it sounds like a set up for the AMA to make changes willy-nilly depending on whatever they want to do.
    Yamaha/Graves superbikes have had a long run of using the best traction control system money can buy. Does anyone think for a moment that the AMA will restrict these bikes when they again lead the field during the season?

10. 418

418 Expert #59

They're burning this thing right into the f@cking ground. Whoever is in charge of running things over there is making Mongo look like a rookie in the "destroying road racing in America" competition.

11. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

How would they know it isn't the RIDER just Riding the Shit out of the Bike???

12. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

I hate to say this but what is there left to buy? $265K worth of airfence that they didn't need to buy, a suck ass website and a f@ckton of ill will and burned bridges.

They have had done some pretty good thing after a horrible birth to the series. That performance index announcement should have you shitting twinkees. They going to bring a dyno to the track and run a HP limited series?

One leap forward, two leaps back.

13. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

Now Britt you know this 'Murica. Everyone is equal. No one can be a loser therefore there can be no winners.

Just has to be people cheatin' to gain an unfair advantage. No rider could possibly be better than the others in the land of equality.

14. backcountryme

backcountryme Word to your mother.

Maybe when one brand of bike runs away with the class for multiple years? But with Yamaha, AMA will bend over as soon as they threaten to leave the series.

15. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

NO! That would never happen! :D:crackup:

16. backcountryme

17. jeremy dunn

jeremy dunn Well-Known Member

Why would they need to buy AMA to do that?

18. backcountryme

At this point AMA needs to forget worrying about factory teams and just make a rules package that will allow a decently funded privateer to be able to podium every now and then. Get rid of the advanced electronics. Build a series for the 90% of the riders on the grid, not the 10% that are the "factory" teams. This has worked else where in the world.

19. stangmx13

stangmx13 Well-Known Member

someone probably wasted a shitload of time on that Technical Bulletin when they should have been finalizing all 6 rounds and helping w/ solidifying the TV package. all the effort to implement new stuff, this, the number plates, etc, is just bullshit when there are bigger issues to work on. this bulletin just created MORE work for themselves because they didn't even specific how they will equalize the bikes. really, DMG doesn't have the capacity for major rule changes or a new class or anything if they can't finish everything needed to START the 2014 season.

20. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

I like the number plates. It's one of the smart things they did.