1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AMA Critics of the BBS

Discussion in 'General' started by gixxercurt, Sep 17, 2013.

1. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

Lets see.... I drove to Road America from Atlanta because the best Damned Track didnt get a AMA Race this year which is 20 Min away..... And when I hear some Old Dude who shouldnt be Announcing butchering the broadcast in NJ your damned right Im gonna Bitch Vent or whatever... The AMA needs exposure and having people announce like Paul Page Aint helping...

2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Keep in mind that the bitching about DMG has nothing to do with the racers or the job the racers are doing on track. That shit is great.

3. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

Butts in the seats keep track owners/operators working with AMA/DMG.

Eyes on the screen keep advertisers payin' for the broadcasts.

Two VERY different revenue streams. If we lose TV we go back to the `70's & `80's. If we lose the tracks...

4. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yeah the revenue streams are totally separate - well mostly, the butts in seats does help pay the sanction fee DMG charges - but overall TV income (when there is some) goes to the TV peeps and DMG, spectator income goes to the promoter.

5. Cajun Kid

Cajun Kid Well-Known Member

That is 100% true. All the riders are my heros, even the ones I'm faster than ;)

6. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

Both of `em?

:D

7. Cajun Kid

Cajun Kid Well-Known Member

LOL Hey Jack!

I'll Take it:cool:

8. :stupid:

Josh Herrin has been riding pretty well, and congrats to him, but I just want to see Racist Rob try and round house kick me in the throat.:D

9. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

It would be impossible.

Because nobody knows who you are since you are afraid to tell your name or show up to a race...

You just enjoy "talking shit" LITERALLY :crackup:

10. I was at the Beaver Run, PitRace, or whatever they're calling it now, round 10 days ago.

But yes, it would be impossible for you to connect a roundhouse kick to my throat. :D

11. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

i'M SORRY, WHAT WAS YOUR NAME AGAIN?

12. Are you gonna come find me and try out your street fighter moves?:D

13. RubberChicken

RubberChicken PimpMasterT

That is such bullshit! I'm tired of reading that about New Jersey.

I went to the AMA races at NJMP for three days, plus stayed for a track day on Monday.

I went home with all of my stuff, plus some other stuff.

I love New Jersey.

14. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

So evidently the thieves in Jersey are imports from PA :D

15. Suburbanrancher

Suburbanrancher Chillzilla

Been sayin' this for years :D

16. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

Ah-ha! So...ahem, cough-cough. Uh, what'd you get? :D

17. leviathan

leviathan Well-Known Member

Going to races as a fan for the same reason I go to IMS shows. Because I like being around like minded motorcycle people and enjoying my 'religion' if you will.

I know when I'm at a race as a fan I'm not going to see all the action (though I'll try to find a good spot where I can see a bunch or jumbotron).

I know I'm going to miss the 'play by play' probably because sound over PA's is always spotty. That's okay, I do my own commentary.

I know it's a long day and I have to hoof it around.

I also know that I like seeing bikes in the parking lot and walking up and down looking for 'my fave' bikes (Hawks, VFR's, cool parts and builds, etc)

I know I like watching bikes from the side of the track and seeing the little things you miss on tv. Way each guy hits a corner, way different bikes move, the way they sounds.

I know I like being surrounded by other fans enjoying our niche sport and letting the teams/riders know I appreciate them being there.

I'm not in love with many of the things going on... lot of shit bugs me. But when the wife and I go out for dinner and movies at the tune of a $90/night (30$ movies, 60$ dinner) I can handle going to the races for the sport I love.

18. Once a Wanker..

Once a Wanker.. Always a Wanker!

I can't decide which has a better 'ring' to it:

Nancy-John U, or John-Nancy U?

:)

19. Mblashfield

Mblashfield Well-Known Member

Bitching is like regret. Both a complete waste of time. Even more so if you bitch to people that can't fix your problem.

20. banzai132

banzai132 Oh shit! not again!

Is the AMA coming to Homestead this year?