1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AMA Critics of the BBS

Discussion in 'General' started by gixxercurt, Sep 17, 2013.

1. gixxercurt

gixxercurt Curtis Murray

I've decided that Most everyone on here will bitch about everything the DMG/CBS does... You bunch of Nancy's should've been at the races watching because there's no pleasing you. First it's "Scott marble mouth sucks" Ralph sucks, Greene sucks, rules suck, people buying rides suck... Jesus Christ suck it up and go to the races so maybe you'll be able to continue having races to bitch about. Rant Over..

2. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

3. TrackStar

TrackStar www.trackstar1.com

Sounds like I should get my wife involved with the AMA.

4. Suburbanrancher

Suburbanrancher Chillzilla

Actually I've been to two so far this year - but then again I haven't been bitching about DMG/CBS whatsoever other then the AMA's definition of a jumpstart. I actually think CBS has been doing a good job with their coverage, and it's been getting better every weekend.

5. Cajun Kid

Cajun Kid Well-Known Member

I just wanna watch SS on TV so I can see my boy DOODOO ride! And the rest of the Club guys.

6. worthless

worthless Well-Known Member

I'll stay at home and bump up the TV ratings (recording on DVR doesn't really count since most people FF through commercials, so, advertisers don't really consider them) so I can find out who won the race when the race is over since there's no guarantee that it's the guy that crossed the finish line 1st.

7. G 97

G 97 Garth

I'm waiting for them to start coming back to Joliet, Brainerd, Pikes Peak, Phoenix, Sonoma, Topeka, and St. Louis before I come back. :D

8. Flex Axlerod

Flex Axlerod Banned

So sub-standard product is better than no product. I disagree.

9. kanatuna

kanatuna You can't polish a turd..

I was racing with WERA rather than watching AMA on TV :)

10. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Being critical means we watch and we care. Sitting idly by and saying nothing means that we either don't care or we're willing to accept a substandard product.

11. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

It's NJ.
    I'd rather I got home with all my possessions. :D

12. gixxercurt

gixxercurt Curtis Murray

so what would you say pays for the majority of their TV coverage? people showing up to watch the race or people sitting at home watching it?

13. pkaustin

pkaustin Well-Known Member

:stupid: Bitches Bitching System.

14. SethG

SethG Well-Known Member

You can't really hate it until you actually start going to the races again. Pay $40 per person, zero visibility, terrible vendors, tracks where you can't hear the announcers in most turns....

Send a so-so fan to the series finale at Laguna and they won't even know who wins the race. Why be a fan after that?

15. CR750

CR750 Well-Known Member

Why would people Bitch
    1. The superbike championship lead has been decided by jump starts going into the fiunal round.
    2. The quality of the TV coverage has been great. Too bad we will have to read who won the championship.
    3. It is the shortest season I can remember and I have been a fan and going to races for a long time. My first was in the 70s.

16. SethG

SethG Well-Known Member

And frankly, when Dave's announcing it's at least highly entertaining coverage, the guys today are sub-par at best.

17. Flex Axlerod

Flex Axlerod Banned

I have no idea but that is not what I am arguing. My point is that lovers of roadracing (us) have every right to bitch when we see our beloved sport being managed poorly and live attendance does not give any fan more or less right to bitch.

18. gixxercurt

gixxercurt Curtis Murray

We bitch about a shortened season but when fans don't show what track would pay the AMA to race at their venue? Money (fan money) dictates the quality coverage you receive. And you could hear broadcasting in most every corner of NJMP this weekend.

19. Mr Sunshine

Mr Sunshine Banned

I don't know...they had Danielle talking with cameras on her as the Sunday DSB race started. How do you mess that up?

20. John29

John29 Road racing since 1973

Uhh, I was at the races spending money and fielding five racebikes in three classes.

Does that qualify me to have an opinion on "jump starts" or am I just another "Nancy"?