1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Am I the asshole????

Discussion in 'General' started by ClemsonsR6, Feb 26, 2017.

1. Scotty87

Scotty87 Lacks accountability

And then I stare at cross traffic's light, because once it goes red (assuming no left turn arrow intersection) mine is going green in 2 seconds. I get the light and tree those fuckers. Sooooo satisfying. :D

Metalhead, Gorilla George and Funkm05 like this.
  2. ClemsonsR6

ClemsonsR6 Well-Known Member

We are all a bunch of sick/twisted mf'ers!

3. Funkm05

Funkm05 Dork

But ... you have to do it without showing that you're doing it. Catch em totally off guard. Act like you're busy playing with your radio or something ... BAM!!!!! :D

Scotty87 and Gorilla George like this.
  4. Scotty87

Scotty87 Lacks accountability

:crackup: 100%!

I like to hang half a car length back and get a little rolling start. :D

5. Sweatypants

Sweatypants I am so smart! S-M-R-T... I mean S-M-A-R-T!

do you guys ever try to get the jump on left turn light runners? that's my favorite of all those. there's this one intersection near me that is notorious for blatant red light running on the left turn. not just like getting caught at the tail end off a yellow, but like, not even crossing their own line until the light is already red. 3 lanes going straight in both directions with separate left turn lanes. i dunno what it is about that intersection, like it has its own psychology that doesn't happen anywhere else on that road no matter the conditions.

one time... at the front of the line in the right most lane, look in my rearview, see one of my donut eating compadres behind me... my light was solidly green and i see it coming so i roll out into the intersection and just stop my car so he was facing the side of my car and couldn't get by. then me and my buddy lean on the horn and start giving him the finger and yelling out the window. all the other blocked cars are now honking in the lanes next to us. cop turns on his lights and waves us to go on. we wave back to the cop and laugh at the dude. he pulls the guy over. and all was well in the world that day my friends...

Phl218, badmoon692008 and Rebel635 like this.
  6. dtalbott

dtalbott Driving somewhere, hauling something.

So what was the final decision to the original question?

7. Rebel635

Rebel635 Well-Known Member

Yes, he's an asshole but not for the stated reason.

Phl218, Sabre699 and dtalbott like this.
  8. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

I assume you guys getting a jump on the light are watching for folks running the light before taking off. Otherwise, that is a really good way to get into an accident. Even if you are not at fault, that doesn't help you if you are dead or in the hospital.

9. Sweatypants

Sweatypants I am so smart! S-M-R-T... I mean S-M-A-R-T!

i mean... its like 15mph. besides the inconvenience of potential car repair/insurance, not that worrying for at the time was my 10 year old, 2nd hand, camry station wagon. stranger things happen i guess though, you never know. its been a long time since i've gotten a chance, i don't drive much except late at night these days. there's an empty hole in my heart...

10. badmoon692008

badmoon692008 Well-Known Member

Totally 100%... There's an intersection I go through every day to get to my house, and the cross traffic is much heavier than the road I'm on, and people always run the light badly... I've gotten pretty close to blocking them before... I thought I was the only one.

11. Funkm05

Funkm05 Dork

Thanks Capt'n Joykill ... We got this.

badmoon692008 likes this.
  12. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

+1

I don't get that either.

I think it is funny your wife can't keep up with you driving the Deathstar with a 100 foot trailer and she has the 500HP Turbo Porsche. When driving my trailer and truck, I'm whipping around changing lanes too, at least as much as you can in Cali as you aren't supposed to go into the fast lane when you have 3 or more lanes moving the same direction. I still do it, if people are slowing my roll, I just get nervous of a ticket, because the CHP will get you for that out here.

Phl218 and Gorilla George like this.
  13. Boman Forklift

I remember telling one of my good friends he would suck as a drag racer, because he wouldn't do that.

Reaction time is where it's at baby!!!!

Gorilla George likes this.
  14. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I hate driving in Cali with a trailer - fucking law puts me in danger.

Boman Forklift likes this.
  15. I know. :D But she is tiny (she is from the Philippines), and not aggressive or competitive. She is like my polar opposite (which is actually a good thing). Like, when we go to places like the NASCAR theme park in Pigeon Forge where you can race the go-carts, she is in dead last, driving with her hands at 10-2, just smiling and enjoying the sunshine and the ride as if she is on a Sunday cruise in a convertible. Haha. Im up front stuffing people, punting motherfuckers into walls and shit, and she is just in the back, doing her own thing, without a care in the world. :crackup:

There are rules like that regarding the left-most lane in many places in the SE also. They say something along the lines of "vehicles with 3 or more axles not allowed in left lane". When the trailer is hooked to the RV, it is considered one big vehicle.

But, when people are in the middle and right hand lane, doing 55mph, I am not going to just sit behind them while the left lane is empty. So I use it all the time. I haven't gotten a ticket yet, but I am sure I will at some point.

Boman Forklift likes this.
  16. Boman Forklift

I agree, that is a horrible thing and one of the reasons I bought a RV with a built in garage. Since we aren't racing now, I sold it, but who knows may have to get another if we ever start up again.

I will say CHP is pretty good at letting you speed with a trailer, the law here states with a trailer you can only drive 55. I did get popped coming down a hill on the way to Willow Springs with the trailer, I think I was doing 80 or 85. In my horrible defense, I was trying to keep up my speed to make it up the next hill. :D However, in my experience they will never let you get away with being in the fast lane with a trailer, unless it is only a 2 lane in each direction road, then it is okay for passing only.

I remember coming home from Vegas when I was racing so early 90's. I was driving with a little open trailer. Cop pulls me over and I had gotten up to 80ish. He actually let me off when I told him the truth. A car came flying by me and I was attempting to stay with him and then decided running that fast with a trailer wasn't safe, so I slowed down. He saw that and was initially going after the car, saw me try to hang and then slow back down, so he let me off with a verbal warning.

17. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

Hahahahahah this is totally me! :D

18. Just damn. :crackup:

19. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

Hey, I do it too, but only when I can clearly see the cross traffic to see that either there isn't any cross traffic or what cross traffic there is has stopped or is stopping.
    Waiting on the oncoming left turn green light is a better test of reaction time, because you usually can't see when it changes to yellow or red, but generally you can clearly see if anyone is going to run it. So you just watch that lane and your light, then GO!
    The best is when it is one of those intersections where the crosswalk stops traffic from all directions. Then all you have to look out for are last second pedestrians.

20. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

Whoda thunk it? Total shocker!:Poke: