1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Alpinestar suit for free?

Discussion in 'General' started by deanbosch, Mar 17, 2009.

1. peakpowersports

peakpowersports Well-Known Member

Its all wrong, no matter how you look at it. Software, music, A* suits.. The thing I never understood is how people openly talk about it or ask for help with it.

2. frackadelic

frackadelic Buddha Stalin is Chronic

If you were only so lucky. 10 pages easy.

3. 2Fer

2Fer Is good

I dunno, it seems to have stalled.

4. While we are on this subject, does anybody have an Arai they are giving away for free? I have some friends in Honduras.....

5. 2Fer

2Fer Is good

fail

:D

6. dtalbott

dtalbott Driving somewhere, hauling something.

How about service manuals?

7. EnvyCycles

EnvyCycles D.RoD

I have an Alpinestars '09 Race Replica 1pc Suit... Your buddy can have it for FREE but he has to pay for shipping which will be $2500.00

Tell him to design his own suit...

8. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

oh, I'm far from done but it's tough to write a diatribe the length of war and peace using the single finger method on an iPhone.

9. styles

styles The untrained eye

Isn't this common practice behind the scenes?

10. Spyderchick

Spyderchick Leather Goddess

Yes, it is, most manufactures buy the item they want to "research".

For instance, I know that there's a 'place' that buys MCs, has their R&D team ride them for 1000 miles, then they disassemble the entire machine. After all of that, they recycle all of the pieces and throw the rest away.

It's just not done in a public way.

11. Suburbanrancher

Suburbanrancher Chillzilla

I've seen the prototypes based on the Shoei I sent them - they're awesome.

[​IMG]

12. metalkid88

metalkid88 Well-Known Member

right most places will at least buy a said product and then do so behind the scenes. not ask for one for free and let it be publicly known they are trying to rip them off:rolleyes:

13. I forgot about those!

14. peakpowersports

If the manufacture put it up for people to freely download its ok. If they sell the manual and do not offer it for free download, it is wrong. That being said, I think the OEM's should include a service manual with their machines, most owners manuals are a joke. I doubt it would hurt service, \ the poeple who bring their bikes in are going to bring them, even if they have a service manual.

15. whitey21

whitey21 umm...yeah.

doing research is different, they are trying to see what makes product A better and design something that is competitive with that. not copying it. to me its like looking up competitors laps times. you want to know what you need to do to compete.

16. caferace

caferace No.

Really? Does this sound to you like they're looking to build a better suit than A*??
    -jim

17. Mr Sunshine

Mr Sunshine Banned

The owner's manual that came with my KTM 400EXC is pratically a shop manual.

But if you want the directions on a full engine rebuild or fork rebuild, you gotta buy the factory manual.

18. whitey21

whitey21 umm...yeah.

i am not defending the thread starter. i am refering to spyderchick's post (#30). as if yamaha bought a cbr 1000 to see what it had to see what they needed to do to make it better(by a different desing). not saying we are gonna make it look just like this.

19. paistes5

paistes5 Well-Known Member

I'd like a watermelon lid with a WERA tech sticker. :D

20. peakpowersports

Yeah, KTM seems to include a bit more than Honda or any other OEM for that matter.