1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Alpinestar suit for free?

Discussion in 'General' started by deanbosch, Mar 17, 2009.

1. deanbosch

deanbosch user title

Could anyone help me out to find a really nice AlpineStars suit that is so beat up someone would want to give away for free instead of trash?
    Or perhaps sell for a low low price?

We are talking a suit that is so beat up no one would dare to use! I don't care how bad it is.

Any help on where I could find a suit or a person that would give one up please let me know!!!

Thanks guys!

Bosch

2. deanbosch

deanbosch user title

Sorry I should have put this in the wanted thread... newbie mistake won't happen again :(

3. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

For what?

4. deanbosch

deanbosch user title

Well to be honest a guy in Colombia wants to take a look at it, replicate it and sell it for dirt cheap to racers.

They do everything here...

5. gpstar748

gpstar748 Well-Known Member

tell him to design the suit himself rather than ripping off other companies designs

6. deanbosch

deanbosch user title

He works with leathers, He has no knowledge about bikes or gear. He just want's to see what makes the suit the best.

Hes not trying to make thousands off of it, just trying to help me out and some friends that race. I frankly dont have 2 grand for a suit....

I think some racers would appreciate a good suit for a low cost.. If not well my fault, I was just trying to help out!

7. MrOgle

MrOgle I love college!

I mean, as if it wasn't bad enough that you are cribbing someone else's design, you're too cheap to even go out and buy the suit you're going to copy. WTF!

8. brand-o

brand-o Well-Known Member

+1

There's a difference between using competitive products to stimulate ideas and just jacking their shit. Taking a suit and blatantly copying it and trying to sell it as your own is dirty.

On that note I'm off to Walmart to get some Great Value milk. :)

9. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

So, you want help with theft? I could care less if you can't afford a suit, then you can't afford to race.

10. deanbosch

deanbosch user title

Forget the idea then!

Case closed!!

11. worthless

worthless Well-Known Member

I've read 4 posts today and 2 of them have a nasty stench about them. This is one of them.

12. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Want me to send you my watch so you send it to china and have it knocked off? I paid retail and supprted my vendor but there's no reason you should. How about my iPod, you want to have that knocked off?

13. MrWheeler

MrWheeler Well-Known Member

Someone mail him a suit, after you piss in it.

14. Chris

Chris Keepin' it old school

Wow...just wow.

15. paistes5

paistes5 Well-Known Member

Hey does anybody have some pirated software I could have?

Un-fucking-believable.

16. deanbosch

deanbosch user title

17. peakpowersports

peakpowersports Well-Known Member

18. chrison600

chrison600 Well-Known Member

You can get a suit for far less than $2k. I'd be willing to bet than after paying for the materials and labor to have your buddy copy an A* item, you'd spend more than just buying another brand (Teknic, AGV Sport, etc). Especially if you copied everything down to the letter (stretch panels, armor, cuffs, ...).

Chris

19. Transelement

Transelement pro set miner

Not that I'm condoning the OP (in fact I think it's pretty laughable in the pathetic sort of way) but as long as the theft is on YOUR terms it is OK?

I'm speaking towards the half dozen threads the last couple weeks related to software piracy and the like that haven't been put on blast.

20. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Depends on who you talk to... I don't like any of it.