1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Alan Keys for President

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by 50Joe, Mar 20, 2003.

1. 50Joe

50Joe Registered User

Like I said in the title. Georgie's days are numbered.

2. Tank Boy

Tank Boy clank clank boom

Possible, I'd vote for him.

IF (really BIG IF) the Army can't find that smoking gun of bio-chem weapons, not only are we in big do-do internationally, I think Bush will have to think about resigning and/or face a serious challenge for the Republican nomination (and that would make history!).
    He might anyway, as this administration has proven itself inept and ham-fisted at foreign policy...

3. dtalbott

dtalbott Driving somewhere, hauling something.

Who's Alan Keys?

Just Wondering,

Darin Talbott

4. mad brad

mad brad Guest

i can't believe a guy finally puts france and the ultra ineffective UN in their place, and now he's inept at foreign policy. cnn reports this morning that our relationship with france is damaged? who cares. what are they gonna do? stop mowing and trimming the cemetary where all of OUR THOUSANDS ANS THOUSANDS OF SOLDIERS ARE BURIED? those bastards charge us for the plots they lie in. bring em home, and bomb the frogs on their way out.

5. Tank Boy

Have you been living under a rock?

A conservative (who just happens to be black) former congressman who has written quite a bit and had a TV news/talk show for a while.
    Smart guy.

Brad- I was being realistic. International politics is a game of compromise and you don't EVER get all of what you want. The administration has broken the rules of the game.
    Even though we are a superpower and can (and are) doing what we want, there will be hell to pay for the US for what the President has decided to do...
    :(

Last edited: Mar 20, 2003
  6. dtalbott

dtalbott Driving somewhere, hauling something.

Re: Have you been living under a rock?

No, if I lived under a rock, I'd be Patrick.

Sorry, the name just wasn't familar to me.

Thank You,

Darrin Talbott

7. LMcCurdy

LMcCurdy Antique

Re: Have you been living under a rock?

8. Tank Boy

Re: Re: Have you been living under a rock?

Yeah something like that. :)

Economically there isn't much they could do, short of imposing stiff tarrifs, but that would hurt them more (we import much more than we export).
    The bigger danger is that the rest of the world or at least blocs like Europe and Asia see America as a threat and form political/military alliances that would be able to resist US pressure.

9. 50Joe

50Joe Registered User

James, like any exchanges of ideas in a public forum such as a bbs, I don't always agree with them. However, your statement above is exactly how I feel about this administration and it's actions. From basically every other countries viewpoint we are the criminals when it comes to the Iraq situation. Most countries just don't want to say it.

Wake up Brad. It's a world economy out there and we all need each other like it or not.

10. LMcCurdy

LMcCurdy Antique

First, you have to get them all to agree on more than disliking us. That would fun to watch. A three ring circus on a global scale.:)

11. SpongeBob WeaselPants

SpongeBob WeaselPants Bohemian Ass-Clown

I haven't a clue about global economics, but thinking... since we have a trade deficit and depend on the rest of the world for most of our goods, can't we get screwed if they're all pissed at us?

Plus, isn't a large portion of our business now foreign owned?

Just looking for some informed insight puh-leez

12. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Am I the only one that read the thread title and thought - "why the heck would he want Alicia Keys for president?"

13. SpongeBob WeaselPants

SpongeBob WeaselPants Bohemian Ass-Clown

we better not piss off the japanese or italians... no more bike parts for anybody... we'd all have to race harleys :D

14. Tank Boy

No, you really don't. Fear is a very powerful motivation.

The EU for example is already more or less economically and politically linked up, all they really have to do is boot us and England out of NATO and while they would squabble and be inconcise about everything else, they would be able to say no to us.
    Another group I see closing ranks after this will be the Arab League. No one else wants to be next.

Don't get me wrong. I think Saddam and his boys needed killing as much as the biggest hawk in the white house. I just think the political/diplomatic price the way we chose to go about it is going to cost us dearly.

15. elvee

elvee Well-Known Member

Forget racing harley's...no japan, no carbs, brakes, electronics.......

16. Tank Boy

reading comprehension is a beautiful thing big guy. :D

17. LMcCurdy

LMcCurdy Antique

Again, they would all have to pissed off on the same level, at the same time. Right now only France and Germany seem perturbed. That''s unless the Chicks get the rest of them going during their "I Hate the Prez Tour":)

18. Tank Boy

No all the Frenchies need to do is convince the other members that it is in there best interests to do so.
    How do you think the EU got formed in the first place?

19. Joss

Joss F3 Dabbler

"From basically every other countries viewpoint we are the criminals when it comes to the Iraq situation. "

Historic reality will be defined with how the Iraqi people react and what we find hidden there. Bush will either be a hero or a fool.

Now, sports fans, it's "nut cuttin' " time. You need to ask yourself HONESTLY how you are HOPING this comes out. Are you hoping this turns out to be a big fiasco and a huge humiliation for Bush and his advisors and his party?

If you are hoping for that humiliation, what I want to know is how you could feel that way and still consider yourselves Americans. I sense that there may be several here who really would sacrifice the Country for a political victory.

In my mind, this is where we are either "we" ... or we're not. This is what is meant by getting behind the President when the rounds start flying. If you are out there "hoping" this doesn't work... damn you for traitors. (no smilie infered or intended)

20. Tank Boy

I am hoping to GOD that this works and the President is right on the money and the US is vindicated in the World's eyes.

The alternative scares the crap out of me...

I am just looking past this current conflict at the potential ramifications for the future. But for the moment, we are committed to this course of action, so it "Give'em Hell boys!" 100%.