1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Alan Keys for President

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by 50Joe, Mar 20, 2003.

1. MarkB

MarkB All's well that ends well

Future world opinion of us all depends how this war goes. The best case scenario is that Iraq fires off a few Chemical weapons against the British Army. It kills a few of them, but most got into the NBC suits in time, so no massive loss of life. This then totally vindicates our position in as far as Saddam has and will use WMD's. The next "need to have" is a MOAB on Saddams head, and quick confirmation of his death. We then step back for a day or two to let them think about it all, before driving into Baghdad, with white flags flying, to meet with Iraqi leadership.
    A negotiated ceasefire is struck, and involvement in the democratic process is secured. Then we can all go home.

The rest of the world will love us all for it - or at least they should do.

Call me an optimist, but I have a good feeling about how this will go - just needs a little luck to go our way.

2. 50Joe

50Joe Registered User

I also pray to God (literally) that Bush is right and we become justified IN THE EYES OF THE WORLD that what we did was the correct course of action. Otherwise, none of us will be able to travel outside of our own borders without fear of reprisal.

My main issue with Bush is his rhetoric. The way he communicates his message is extremely poor when viewed from a global objective position. I communicate with many people from outside of the USA. Almost all of them still love the USA and the people in it, but they absolutely hate Bush. Must be a reason, eh?

3. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Blah ha ha ha! snort! We could only be so lucky. :D NATO is a farce since the fall of the Soviet Union. Who would take the role in NATO that the US presently has? France? They aren't even a full member of NATO. They can not sit at any of the central committee meetings, nor campaign for action.
    Belgium? Waffles, dude, are the only thing that comes out of that place. Germany? Maybe 40 years ago, but the new Germany is a bunch of washwomen and techno dancing poofers. Russia? They're a an auxiliary member, but where the reason for NATO's existence and will never be more then a kid looking in the window on Christmas..
    Nah, the US and Britain will never be asked to leave. The old saying is to keep your friends close and your enemies closer, and I bet France and Germany are holding that saying close to their hearts.

4. Tank Boy

Tank Boy clank clank boom

Yes, because the reason NATO was created no longer exists. But what if the new perceived threat comes from a member state?

Like I said earlier, this administration had broken the rules of the game, which means EVERYTHING is in flux right now.

If Bush is wise he will hog tie and duct-tape Rumsfeld's mouth and kick Wolfowitz to the curb and allow Powell to log some major frequent flyer miles trying to put our diplomatic house of cards back together.

Last edited: Mar 20, 2003
  5. Joss

Joss F3 Dabbler

I think the EU has a good potential for causing the next European war. I can see a scenario that is very similar to our US Civil War; someone decides they have had enough and want out yet the organization decides that is not acceptable.

It may be argued that the EU doesn't have that authority. Well... the strong federal government of the US was NOT the way it was created either. That is a product of evolution.

6. Knarf Legna

Knarf Legna I am not Gary Hoover

It's Alan Keyes. Alan Keys are tools. :p

7. Tank Boy

If your gonna bag on someone about spelling, make sure you are right too:

Allen Key

:p

8. Knarf Legna

Knarf Legna I am not Gary Hoover

Man, that's two guys that missed my sarcasm in one day!

9. Tank Boy

I got it, I am just returning fire.

:)

10. Johnny B

Johnny B Cone Rights Activist

Hey, if she's significantly to the right of Barbara Striesand, I'll vote for her! :)