1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Air mattress that isn't complete....

Discussion in 'General' started by 418, Nov 6, 2017.

1. 418

418 Expert #59

SHIT?

I have a hard time committing on actually using my enclosed trailer to sleep in because the air mattress I've got is criminally bad. And I'm over the "just deal with it" scenario of being uncomfortable at the track.

I'm willing to pay for some thing thats actually decent. Any ideas?

I'm open to other ideas that would work within the confines of 6X12 trailer.

2. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

Last edited: Nov 6, 2017
    V5 Racer and 418 like this.
  3. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

4. njracer

njracer Well-Known Member

Yup, a cot is the way to go!

5. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

Futon from Wally World..... $110 Makes a great couch and sit down area to suit up as well.... Shit you were sitting on it at Road Atlanta!

Phl218 and 418 like this.
  6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Only ones I've ever had that are any good are the kind that stay plugged in and will inflate during the night if need be.

Odilup, ToofPic and 418 like this.
  7. Newsshooter

Newsshooter Well-Known Member

Princess and the pea?

8. 418

418 Expert #59

Bastard. :D

When you spend your life sleeping on shitty truck mattresses, last thing you wanna do is come home for a few days and sleep on something that's even shittier.

ToofPic likes this.
  9. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

elevated queen with auto inflate/deflate like an aerobed. And egyptian cotton sheets! :D

418 likes this.
  10. Hyperdyne

Hyperdyne Indy United SBK

I will give a resounding 3rd vote for the cot.. 2 sleeping bags as the pad and a down comforter when it gets colder. I sleep better on the $50 cot than the $200 air mattress.

418 likes this.
  11. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

I like my Easy Cot. Plenty long enough and no hard bar support across the bottom to dig into my Achilles (6' 2" tall). Easy to fold / unfold. I put a pad on top to soften it up just a bit. Sturdy and tall enough to sit on. Stored vertically in the bag, it take up very little floor space in the trailer.

https://www.amazon.com/Easy-Portable-Folding-Byer-Maine/dp/B01M70XHEK

Killswitch likes this.
  12. dammyneckhurts

dammyneckhurts Well-Known Member

I sleep on a regular bed mattress that you would have in a bedroom at home. Stand it against the wall during transport and lay it on the floor at night.... get a twin mattress at Costco for about $200. A thousand times better than an air mattress!

skidooboy likes this.
  13. Pants Romano

Pants Romano Well-Known Member

Second (or third of fourth) the cot with sleeping pad combination, with the caveat that the sleeping pad make all the difference.

The great thing about a cot is that it doesn't take up much more room than a camp chair when folded.

If you had an old therma-rest or similar, the new ones are light years ahead of the old ones. Good stuff out there these days.

Here's a good starting point: https://www.amazon.com/Last-Lake-Sl...9987739&sr=8-14&keywords=camping+sleeping+pad

Also, must also recommend a decent sleeping bag: https://www.amazon.com/ALPS-Mountai...pID=31RX29TtGkL&preST=_SX300_QL70_&dpSrc=srch

418 likes this.
  14. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

I honestly don't have any problem sleeping on an air mattress. I inflate it a little on the firm side and it's fine. Throw a old sheet underneath it to keep the grit on the floor from chafing on it.

15. ToofPic

ToofPic Well-Known Member

During my "separation" :rolleyes: I slept on an inflatable with my 2 little dogs for 2 yrs,
    I also used 1 in the sleeper when I was otr.
    I had zero problems with it,and I'm foofy (vagina) with my sleeping.
    Never tried a cot,maybe its better,but plug and sleep mattress works well for me

16. Newsshooter

Newsshooter Well-Known Member

I used to put a thermarest on the ground next to the bike before I got a trailer, then I moved it inside. :)

17. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

I usually ask 'Toe to send over a bunch of his ballerinas and strippers and sleep on them.

Steeltoe likes this.
  18. Phl218

Phl218 .

Put in water instead of air and sleep on a waterbed. Or even better: vodka. Will be better below freezing

418 likes this.
  19. 418

418 Expert #59

You just wait.

The 3AM feeling where you think you're drowning just to realize the mattress has closed around you and the sheer effort you'll have to put in to dig yourself out, find the air pump switch and reinflate with the 110db "quiet pump" will have you hating life and revisiting this thread. And may Gods have mercy on your soul if you're drunk AF on top of all that.

Cot it is then.

badmoon692008 and Phl218 like this.
  20. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

I'll take your word for it

Mot Okstef, busa99, 418 and 1 other person like this.