1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Advice Required RE: Racing Incident

Discussion in 'General' started by t500racer, Jun 23, 2022.

1. Kurlon

Kurlon Well-Known Member

Looking at GNCC's rules:

On Track Regulations:
    10. Reckless Riding. No rider may ride in such a manner as to endanger life or limb of other riders, officials or the public. Riders will be penalized for the reckless operation of their machine, including but not limited to the deliberate ramming, blocking or intentional contact with another rider, or for running into an official.

12. Unsportsmanlike Conduct. Persons whose appearance, conduct, associations or affiliations, on or off the track, deemed harmful or otherwise not conducive to the best interest of the sport or who exhibit conduct deemed inappropriate, offensive, abrasive or in bad taste, may be excluded or suspended from GNCC at the discretion of the Race Director.

Participants engaged in any event, public appearance, media activity or any other situation relating to their participation in the series must refrain from intentional physical contact with any participant, inappropriate or profane language, fraud, and unsportsmanlike behavior. At the sole discretion of GNCC, participants who exhibit behaviors deemed inappropriate or unsportsmanlike, prejudicial or detrimental to the best interests of the sport, or detract from the enjoyment, appreciation or interests of the fans, sponsors or other supporters of the sport, may be penalized by monetary fine, docking of championship points, or both. Such penalties are not subject to protest or appeal.

Race Finishes:
    11. Penalties will be assessed at the discretion of the Race Director based on the severity of the offense, and may include one or more of the following: position(s), lap(s), time adjustment, disqualification, suspension, loss of championship points, loss of prize money, fine, probation, etc. A sliding penalty severity scale may be imposed for repeat offenders. A Penalty Log will be maintained for this purpose.

So, at a minimum I get from this the incident is logged, any new reports start generating penalties moving up the 'sliding scale'?

Also interesting, at the start of the year the rules got a new section covering video evidence submissions.

2. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

^ thanks for posting that - some confirmation there are at least the potential for consequences.

I will say there’s a lot of “may” and not much “shall” in those rules.

3. A. Barrister

A. Barrister Well-Known Member

Gives the appearance of having standards, but the flexibility to not enforce them. All in all, those words don't mean much, unless they want them to.

4. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

5. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

WELL F..K, who wouldn't!!!

6. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

That's freaking funny!!!!!!:crackup::crackup::crackup::crackup::crackup:

7. grasshopper

grasshopper Well-Known Member

upload_2022-7-6_10-15-22.png

8. Dave Wolfe

Dave Wolfe I know nuttin!

How's the leg doin?

9. Rebel635

Rebel635 Well-Known Member

Looks like it’s time to find out if you can ride with a sidearm strapped across your chest. Maybe a few fox and alpine star stickers will make it ok with sanctioning body.

That was straight up assault and anywhere outside of that track you’d have been perfectly reasonable to defend yourself.

10. 392

392 Well-Known Member

what exactly are you wanting from the rider? I understand what you claim happened was wrong. Are you looking for an apology from rider or compensation? Legit question.

MELK-MAN likes this.
  11. R Acree

R Acree Banned

What do you think is appropriate? Legit question.

notbostrom and dave3593 like this.
  12. Jed

Jed mellifluous

Did any of the other riders behind the incident have cameras? Do we know who any of them are? Is there a GNCC forum we can brigade like a bunch of dicks to try to find witnesses?

At a minimum GNCC needs to pick up 100% of the medical and rehab costs and compensate for loss of functionality in the limb. If there's enough evidence showing the kid doing this I'd say take it to civil court. If he's getting a slap on the wrist by the sanctioning org then he needs to get a slap in the face by someone else.

13. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Not speaking for the OP, but I would say a punishment that makes the kid understand that there are consequences for that sort of thing. And what they did definitely wasn't it, as it will not change one thing to his life. Neither would a financial penalty coming out of his father's wallet, I would think. But if he had to sit out half a season while watching his rivals go out there and battle, that would probably get his attention.

14. MELK-MAN

MELK-MAN The Dude abides...

geezus... So all organizers, tracks, etc. should be responsible for every dick riders actions ? ummkay.
    IF gncc had been warned about him and it was PROVEN he had done this before, you may have an argument. till then, all we got is the beeb going pitchfork and lynch mob. The OP has a bunch of hearsay that this rider "has done this before".. that doesn't make gncc responsible.

G 97 and FastByKids like this.
  15. 392

392 Well-Known Member

didn’t ask you and who answers a question with a question?

16. R Acree

R Acree Banned

You must be new here...or you haven't bothered to read the thread.

Your post implies that a) the original poster is not being totally truthful, and b) that you think he may be overreacting or looking for gain.

Boman Forklift and t500racer like this.
  17. HPPT

HPPT !!!

That should've been in the form of a question. :D

SpeedyE, Boman Forklift and R Acree like this.
  18. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

A thoughtful mod would have quietly changed it… :Poke:

19. kenessex

kenessex unregistered user

Correct, a thoughtful mod would have. Have you ever seen a thoughtful mod on here?

20. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

I’ll have to think about that.