1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Advice Required RE: Racing Incident

Discussion in 'General' started by t500racer, Jun 23, 2022.

1. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

All depends on who is doing the suing and why.

jksoft likes this.
  2. mastermind

mastermind camping in turn 2....

So true.

3. I just was looking through the thread and realized who is the alleged offender. I don’t know him just of him, kids fast and on some good kit. I made a call to someone who is a fast pro who’s extremely well respected (think of a J Hayes off the track level of respect from his peers) and they may or may not share a sponsor or two. He asked I text him a screen shot as he said “what in the bleep”. No idea to who or what and I was in a rush so couldn’t talk long but I’ll call him tomorrow tonight after little league all star game.

t500racer likes this.
  4. Sue you for hoarding all the pie and driving up prices.

G 97 and Sudowoodo like this.
  5. YamahaRick

YamahaRick Yamaha Two Stroke Czar

Great ... now we have Little League parents involved! This will not be good for someone! ;--)

969, dtalbott, stk0308 and 3 others like this.
  6. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

Someone find that LAX Karen that smacked @Dave K upside the head.

It'll be a party!

7. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

She was a soccer mom. The lax mom just yelled and cursed and foamed at the mouth. :crackup:

dtalbott likes this.
  8. G 97

G 97 Garth

And destroying motorcycle racing in America.

9. Dan Dubeau

Dan Dubeau Well-Known Member

If the past history of these kind of threads on the Beeb have taught me anything, it's that she will probably make an appearance in the next 15-20 pages or so. Right after this kids Dad signs up to tell a completely different version of the story. Threads like this always have a fast and furious gearbox.

Sorry to hear about your leg. Its a shame you got hurt because of someone else's inability to control themselves, and their emotions. I'm getting better at moderating my emotions, simply because the world is changing around me, and things call for a different approach these days, but being in your situation would be a tough one for me. All the best on your recovery. Hopefully it's quick and 100% complete and complication free.

Last edited: Jun 29, 2022
    RichB and t500racer like this.
  10. FastByKids

FastByKids Tire Warmers What?

Was flamed saying this at the beginning of the thread. But my worry is it will be even tougher to get kids competing and practicing at venues.

This is what I'm going through to get kids a track day at the moment. Lawyers and lawsuits ruin EVERYTHING!

Can your provide us with their track and race resumes? Please includes races/bikes, placements, and track day info. At the top of the document please include their names and ages and what bike they will be riding.

I'll have to share with the Insurance for approval . Then we will perform an on track evaluation with coach/control rider to have a visual approval .

G 97 likes this.
  11. I’m the polar opposite little league parent, think I spend more time video taping little league parents than watching the game. I feel my life didn’t peak in high school and don’t live through the hopes of my child. But that does sound quite funny as I’m sure I could send this to a couple of the moms who could take care of the social media aspect and some dads who could “give him some justice”(most of which I’m sure I could knock out with one punch sitting in my chair. I’ve seen quite a few little league parents in racing as well and sure sucks for the kid.

R1Racer99 and Gino230 like this.
  12. Oh and we are going to state championships so I’ll have more idle time on my hands. Now while teams pissed off at me because I got a big ass Airbnb because I’m not staying at some shit hotel. So I’m the quiet, guy behind the scenes who makes sure the team has shit the league doesn’t provide little league parent.
    Get little league parents with a touch of cheerleading parents and some Pinterest moms and justice will be served.

YamahaRick likes this.
  13. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

I don’t know if I’d be considered a LL parent in general but I try and mind my own business and keep my mouth shut. I bring my camera and shoot photos and watch the game. :)

but sometimes it’s just too easy or too much fun to run my mouth at the other parents when they are just idiotic. :crackup:
    The kid’s team was playing a team ranked well into the top 10 in the state and lax dad was in the lot running his mouth to his kid and some other parents. “Well, this will be an easy game and after the win we’ll go to <local sports bar>. I hope this team doesn’t mind.” Very smug and very douche and said so I could hear it.
    Well, short version the kid’s team beat them pretty strongly and on the way out I came across the guy ranting and swearing. Usual shit, refs were biased, my kid’s team were goons, the weather was in the other team’s favor and the usual shit. Finally he was on about the other team and coaches celebrating too much and were rubbing it in the face of his kid and he was going to report it to the league and the governor and maybe the president of the us. When I was finally close to him he was throwing goalie equipment and just swearing.
    So, being the calming person I am I yelled over to him “still going to <the sports bar> Even with the loss? We won’t mind.”

the other coach I was with (different hs) busts out laughing and muttered to me “you’re an asshole!”

14. t500racer

t500racer Never Fails To Fail

Incident reports filed with racing org. and AMA.

Wingnut, Rebel635, Phl218 and 14 others like this.
  15. Gino230

Gino230 Well-Known Member

I hate hearing stories like this. It seems like every org has at least one of these assholes- MotoAmerica is stepping up their drug testing program so hopefully the issue will take care of itself.

Heal up fast, man.

FastByKids likes this.
  16. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

AFM made you do all that, must be run by the same lawyers or insurance company.

17. FastByKids

FastByKids Tire Warmers What?

WERA it all same day sign here on this waiver.

AZ track days they want notoriety papers from both patents.

Florida is just pay your money.

N2 was the first we supplied race resumes.

I’m just happy there are places willing to accept kids.

Boman Forklift likes this.
  18. Knotcher

Knotcher Well-Known Member

DA8?

19. No idea, spent today wasting time trying to buy a new. (To me) car that turned out to be a shit show. Sent my contact a text but pretty sure they are out in middle of nowhere this weekend.

20. Knotcher

Knotcher Well-Known Member

Lol. That meant Destry Abbott. I guess not.