1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A Pay Czar.......really

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by Strick, Jun 9, 2009.

1. cav115

cav115 Well-Known Member

+1

2. cav115

cav115 Well-Known Member

"The sky is falling, the sky is falling" :D

3. SGVRider

SGVRider Well-Known Member

In most circumstances and most businesses I would agree with you. However, the collapse of financial institutions poses a systemic risk to the economy. The collapse of institutions as large as AIG, Citi, and BoA would be catastrophic. The financial system is intertwined, the collapse of these companies would take hundreds of healthy and borderline healthy institutions with them, that's the central problem, not the fact that these megabanks themselves would be gone. These banks deserve to die, I agree, but their deaths should be managed so that we can minimize collateral damage to the rest of the economy.

4. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Branch construction for local and regional small banks (and credit unions) around here has been fairly active, even as the major players consolidate and close branches. What are you guys seeing where you live?

5. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

I'll take that bet.

In 2016, $100 will be just about enough for a cup of coffee. No sugar or cream, mind you, but only dirty hippies drink their coffee that way anyhow. :D

6. RCjohn

RCjohn Killin machine.

They see nothing but change from their Messiah. :rolleyes:

7. knutz

knutz Well-Known Member

My bank is still going pretty good. Loaning money and taking deposits. Went in last week and received a biz loan with no problem. The bank officer I worked with commented that so far they haven't been affected much if at all.

Course they haven't taken any Tarp money either. Or at least that is what he said.

8. Strickette

Strickette Katy, TX

That won't stop the government from dictating how they operate and what they pay people. :up:

9. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

Funny, I did the exact same thing yesterday.

There's a website out there that ranks banks on their solvency and capitalization, can't find the damn thing now. The bank I use, a locally owned and very conservative bank, was ranked in the 90th percentile.

10. nycstripes

nycstripes Meatball's Dad

11. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

Glen Beck?

This country is really going to shits...

12. Pittenger5

Pittenger5 Well-Known Member

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090610/ap_on_bi_ge/us_executive_pay

Treasury Secretary Timothy Geithner and Federal Reserve Chairman Ben Bernanke want to give the Fed, which regulates banks, and the Securities and Exchange Commission, which oversees the financial markets, greater powers to guide compensation practices on Wall Street and beyond.

13. Czolgosz

Czolgosz Banned

This country needs a reboot.

14. R Acree

R Acree Banned

ctrl-atl-del

15. Spyderchick

Spyderchick Leather Goddess

America is a PC? :wow: :D

16. R Acree

R Acree Banned

You'll be seeing the blue screen of death anytime now.

17. Spyderchick

Shit. I take back all the bad stuff I've ever said about Microserf.

18. Czolgosz

Czolgosz Banned

Windoze is pretty good when you fire it up.

But once it runs for a while...memory leaks, viruses, updates, malware, registry edits, other general maintenance items all take their toll on performance... you can't "fix" it till you reboot it and start w/ fresh RAM (edit: or perhaps a fresh OS install). :D

19. Sacko DougK

Sacko DougK Well-Known Member

No Alexa, you cannot get more RAM.

20. Spyderchick

There's a naughty joke in there, somewhere. :D