1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A Pay Czar.......really

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by Strick, Jun 9, 2009.

1. ScottyRock155

ScottyRock155 A T-Rex going RAWR!

It's posts like this that make me feel just a little sad for you.

2. R Acree

R Acree Banned

My day will come....so to speak.

3. Sacko DougK

Sacko DougK Well-Known Member

Actually, in that article it briefly touches on how the government wants to expand it to all financials and gives the FDIC as an example on how they want to control pay in banks. That's just a brief touch in one article, there are more out there that talk about it.

4. Spyderchick

Spyderchick Leather Goddess

Respectfully, since I didn't read the same article, at this point it's conjecture.

If there's enough outcry, that'll never happen. Somehow I don't think the banking industry will sit on their hands.

5. Sacko DougK

Sacko DougK Well-Known Member

I thought you were referring to the link I provided. I don't see them liking it, and I do see a battle endind up in the Supreme Court over this if they do indeed push foward with their stated plans. Just like the Chrysler bankruptcy, somone will have to stand up to the Chicago political bully tactics that the Obama administration has employed against anyone who does not go with the flow.

6. RCjohn

RCjohn Killin machine.

Didn't stop the TARP money.

7. RCjohn

RCjohn Killin machine.

Hmm I'll wait a little longer on that recovery claim.

As for the international respect being gained. It's only been gained from the people that think it's great we elected a 1/2 black President. That's not real respect. Other than that nothing has changed and if our image has to turn into that of a bunch of passifist pussies then I can do without it. We haven't gone that far yet so my jury is still out on the respect part. I think he's going to move us toward the right way and that's cool... just as long as he don't go too far. I still have faith in the guy for the foreign relations stuff but some of the shit he says makes me think he's going to fuck it up.

8. SGVRider

SGVRider Well-Known Member

What makes you people think we'll ever be rid of Obama? I give it 3 months past his re-election max that a bill to repeal the 22nd Amendment will appear. If the economy had completely collapsed in October, he'd already have set himself up to be Fuhrer Obama. I think we'll be talking about President Obama in the present tense for at least the next 30 or so years. I'll bet anyone here $100 that Obama will run and win in 2016.

Last edited: Jun 9, 2009
  9. tony 340

tony 340 Well-Known Member

You guys crack me up.

Let's see, without government help, NOBODY would have kept their job starting about 8 months ago.

Money from companies was being lost at an exponential rate.

No profit = no business.

We'd probably be in the middle of a Civil War right now.

10. Hawk518

Hawk518 Resident Alien

What happend to 2012? Is he taking a leave of absence? Or maybe a promotional/celebration Tour? World Tour?:D

11. SGVRider

He's going to win in 2012. After his re-election or slightly before (to give the states time to ratify the bill) they'll push through a bill to repeal the 22nd Amendment, then in 2016 with all the power he'll have amassed in this extraordinary time he'll defeat all comers and get a third term. With his cronies running every aspect of the government and the economy, we'll see the last of him right around 2040 or so when he dies of old age, still in office.

12. Hawk518

Hawk518 Resident Alien

My bad! I misread.

It sounds like you are talking about Chavez?

13. SGVRider

Hah. I could be. They have the same political philosophy and the same ideas. No, I'm talking about the other fascist, the one that's sitting in the White House.

14. ScottyRock155

ScottyRock155 A T-Rex going RAWR!

Are you taking bets on this?

15. thrak410

thrak410 My member is well known

uhh.. wut?

Is that like spinning another month of massive job losses, as "saving" 150,000 jobs?

16. klebs01

klebs01 Well-Known Member

So Obama is just being humble when he says that he has "saved or created" 150,000 jobs. By your measure he has "saved or created" 100,000,000 jobs. the TARP really wasn't necessary and the Stimulus has yet to do anything. So how exactly was my job "saved or created" by the government?

17. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Cite please.

18. SGVRider

Absolutely. I acknowledge the possibility that I could be wrong, so to mitigate my losses I'll only take a bet from one person. The 22nd Amendment will be successfully repealed before the 2016 election, and Barack Obama will run for and win the 2016 election.

I'll bet you $100 this will happen.

You'll have to send the money quick, though, because not long after that I'll probably be on my way to a re-education facility somewhere in the New Mexico desert, along with others who have incorrect (now treasonous) opinions regarding our Glorious Leader. :D (Just kidding on the last part, they probably won't be able to disappear people until around 2020 or so, so you'll have 4 years to find me.)

19. Spyderchick

Spyderchick Leather Goddess

Wasn't there talk of that when Clinton was prez? :D

Ah, the Republican spin machine...

20. RCjohn

RCjohn Killin machine.

Yes.

Just as silly then as it is now. :rolleyes:

The two sides always manage to fuck up enough during 2 terms that many of their own sides get fed up with them. Since the 3rd term guy is usually the VP stepping up or one of their Congressmen(ie, McCain) it usually turns around.

Too damn hard to get rid of an amendment. No one is good enough to get their side that much support.