1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A Pay Czar.......really

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by Strick, Jun 9, 2009.

1. Strick

Strick Good to be king

He is appointing a Pay Czar.....Czars for all my men.......we need some Czars.

Beyond the wrongness of appointing a Czar to oversee how a private company compensates their employees, how many Czars do we need. Why do we need a Czar to oversee every aspect of the government that is already being overseen by a Cabinet Secratary...........oh yeah a Czar doesn't need congressional approval and can anybody the President wants. I guess it is part of the 600 million jobs he is creating and that we the tax payers are paying for.

Do we get to oversee the compensation packages that the Czars are getting?

2. Sacko DougK

Sacko DougK Well-Known Member

I brought this up last week, a couple of people here said that I was crazy. The scary part is that on their agenda is not only deciding how much people make in companies who took Federal bail out money, they want to expand it to every company in the financial sector. :wow:

3. divein6

divein6 Well-Known Member

USSA .. or rahter Fascism.. should we break out the nazi flags ?

4. Orvis

Orvis Well-Known Member

I know that this will garner a scathing retort from some (like Daddio) but things sure aren't looking very good for our future. Obama is looking more and more like a budding dictator than a free world President. When you admire Obama it's easy to ignore the possible ramifications of his actions, but it's foolish to ignore those actions.

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=washingtonstory&sid=aaaBdVMkjPnU

He also has been a very quick student on the art of bending words to fit his agenda. This guy scares the hell out of me.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB124451592762396883.html

5. RCjohn

RCjohn Killin machine.

I'm glad I don't have cable. I'm sure I would be completely fed up by now.

6. Strick

Strick Good to be king

It is sad that watching network news doesn't give you the actual facts isn't it.;)

7. Hawk518

Hawk518 Resident Alien

Sometimes I think I miss TV but every once in a while I am reminded that I am not missing much.

8. RCjohn

RCjohn Killin machine.

The WERA BBS Dugeon is where I get my facts. :D

9. nycstripes

nycstripes Meatball's Dad

Better yet is that the salary that the "Pay" and other Czar's make is completely confidential..how's that for f'ed up. The Czar's answer only to the President.

10. Flex Axlerod

Flex Axlerod Banned

lets see how they spin this one into a positive. Be sure to take a big swig of that Koolaide first boys.

11. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

Does anyone have a link to a news item that's not an opinion of a news item?

12. Yamaha Fan

Yamaha Fan Well-Known Member

NO, and you should never speak of this again.

The news is there to tell you what to think about every subject, it is not to be questioned, Factually reporting the NEWS directly has been made illegal. The only news that can be reported is positive news about what the politicians are doing....;)

13. Sacko DougK

14. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Can we get a Nookie Czar to insure adequate distribution of nookie? If he can do that, I'll vote for him next time around.

15. RCjohn

RCjohn Killin machine.

I'll give up the bouncer gig to be the Nookie Czar. :up:

16. Sacko DougK

Umm.....government run nookie? You sure you want that??

17. R Acree

R Acree Banned

As opposed to none, hells yeah.

18. Spyderchick

Spyderchick Leather Goddess

As you should. We all know the sources are reliable.

Why would you want that? See above.

The Nookie czar position was supposed to be 'eyes only'. Now you've gone and ruined it.

Everyone is so over-reacting. The economy is starting to recover, we've got a guy who nails his wife and has a sense of humor and we're stating to gain some international respect again.

Read the damn news story. The 'Pay Czar' only affects bizzes that have received TARP funds. Everything else is conjecture and extrapolation. :rolleyes:

19. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

Not if you've drunk the other koolaid...

20. Spyderchick

Spyderchick Leather Goddess

Damn, now we've got to be careful we don't get stuck with a Koolaide Czar... :D