1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A lot of car dealers suck..

Discussion in 'General' started by Woofentino Pugr, Aug 1, 2022.

1. YamahaRick

YamahaRick Yamaha Two Stroke Czar

Can one leverage dealer financing on a used car (so that dealer makes his spiff), yet pay the same as cash on the spot?

2. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

Good question... Im going to assume FOMOCO uses the VIN as the collateral identifier.

3. BigBird

BigBird blah

current Toyota rates for a Supra

9eddbe67-d099-4e0d-ba69-bab74209463e.jpeg

4. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

Toyota can pound sand as their BMW isn't worth that.

Sabre699, britx303 and BigBird like this.
  5. BigBird

BigBird blah

it has been doing well in Time Trials though. I was at an event last weekend, and a Zupra with Aero, and factory motor/turbo beat a 911 RS2 Clubsport, 1/200 in the world.

6. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

Yep...still wouldn't buy one.

BigBird likes this.
  7. R Acree

R Acree Banned

That might be why they make a lot of different cars.

8. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Not sure about on the spot but most loans don't have an early payoff penalty so you just pay it off with the first statement. It'll cost you at most a months interest.

9. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

You might have to give a couple, two, tree months for the states paperwork to process through. Otherwise the title gets lost and doesn't get forwarded to you. That is once the loan is paid off the dealer stops tracking the loan, when they receive the title from the state it goes into limbo. At least that's what happens in Pennslytucky.

10. Trainwreck

Trainwreck I could give a heck

Was it being driven by Jackie Ding? I used to have to compete with him in Time Attack stuff when he used his S2000. Kid is a god damn animal. I think he ran a 1:38 or something at Gingerman with a full interior, stock engine, S2000 on 245/40/R17 Bridgestone Re71's.... He used to race formula cars before switching to tin tops. Pops is his main financial backer, but I can't say I wouldn't pay the way for my kid if I had "Fuck You" money..

Jackie has that chassis really figured out.

BigBird likes this.
  11. BigBird

BigBird blah

Yes it was! He's definitely a beast in almost anything. I was surprised to see how young he is.

He ran a 1:21.638 on 200TW tires at Thunderbolt in hot weather

12. hotnail

hotnail Well-Known Member

I just put a deposit on a new 2022 Honda Civic for my daughter. I only found one dealer in Texas that wasn’t charging 5k over msrp and I called damn near every one in north and central Texas. The Honda dealer in Waco was the only one that wasn’t pulling that scam. Plus the used ones literally everywhere I looked were priced at or above a new one at msrp. In this case, the new car was a no brainer.

not sure how long they can get away with it, but it must be working for most of them, because 95% are gouging there shit out of their buyers.

wsmc42 and fastedyamaha like this.
  13. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

Econ 101. Supply and demand, so this is not gouging in my opinion. Gouging is when a short-term event causes a spike in demand and the supplier jacks the price up. Tropical storms are an example and suppliers gouge for stuff like generators, wood, water, and gasoline. That is against the law in many states.

The car prices are high worldwide and have been going for well over a year. This was caused mostly by supply problems, not demand fluctuation. Short sighted car manufacturers cancelled their chip orders right when demand rose for indoor entertainment systems that use chips. Then the buyers came back in droves for new cars as people moved out of the cities, didn't want to take public transportation and needed more and better personal transportation. Now the car manufacturers can't get caught up on chip orders. Oops. Prices rises to over MSRP for good and popular models. When chip orders get caught and demand starts exceeding supply, the price will come back down to MSRP. Mid to late 2023 would be my guess, but that is just a guess. Estimates range from the end of 2022 to the end of 2024.

Who can blame a dealer for charging over MSRP when a one-year-old model of same car used car is going for MSRP or more? If he is sitting on 100 unsold units of that model, then yeah, but that is not what is happening.

BigBird and mpusch like this.
  14. Woofentino Pugr

Woofentino Pugr Well-Known Member

Well maybe if WI can get the law changed so we can order direct instead of having to use a dealer. Theres a reason Tesla had to build a dealership here and its that stupid fucking law against direct ordering for vehicles. We have a number od dealers here that dont play that fuck game sunce they know customers remember and wont buy there again.

Got a motorcycle dealer here that rarely has repeat customers. He fucks new riders over constantly. If new riiders did any research, they wouldnt even go to this clown and he"d close. Dont even get .e going on their service dept.

stk0308 likes this.
  15. BigBird

BigBird blah

what's so hilarious is that a lot of people wanted the dealership experience, getting cars under sticker, etc. Now everyone wants a direct from factory model.

How times have changed.

malamute, hotnail and sharkattack like this.
  16. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

When I bought the Q it felt like I spent a bunch of time just to order direct. There weren’t a lot of options so specking it was down to what might be available.

Sam got to try a few options but I didn’t care because I had already done my research.

really, I don’t care either way other than to see, smell and touch the car.

17. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Which ones have you rejected on the basis of smell?

18. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Early Hyundai. Leather was cheap, felt like pleather and the interior smelled like adhesive.

19. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

thats new car smell. It consists mainly of solvents, foam catalysts and other chemicals that are mostly really good for you.

interestingly enough the US consumer doesnt mind smell as much as others. The pickiest consumer in the world.....Chinese. They dont wnat any "new car" smell. They think it smells cheap....

BigBird likes this.
  20. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

The Chinese don't like the smell of cheap? :crackup:

Rebel635, Spang308, tl1098 and 3 others like this.