1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A lot of car dealers suck..

Discussion in 'General' started by Woofentino Pugr, Aug 1, 2022.

1. NemesisR6

NemesisR6 Gristle McThornbody

Wife an I spec'd a new 2022 Toyota Tacoma Limited at our local dealer today. I was anticipating a "market value premium," but I did not expect their lame attempt at concealing it.

They call it a "Melbourne (our city) Value Package" which includes the following features
    • Window tint
    • Floormats (carpet)
    • Nitrogen-filled tires
    Total cost for this "package" on top of MSRP...........$3,978.

Who the hell falls for this shit?

2. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

Car dealers are like, their own species or something. Where else does this kind of lunacy exist?

R1Racer99 likes this.
  3. fastedyamaha

fastedyamaha Well-Known Member

It only exists because people are stupid enough to pay those BS fees

ClemsonsR6 likes this.
  4. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

mortgages??
    aftermarket warranties?
    service contracts?
    the best one for bait & switch ... online retail shopping.

5. Captain Morgan

Captain Morgan Well-Known Member

I'm dreading the day I have to deal with a car dealer. Had a fun time this morning at at t bringing in an unlocked s20 phone just to get it hooked up. 2 hours later then just said I'lll come back. But the guy was cool top notch customer service. After 10 months in the Bahamas where

6. Captain Morgan

Sorry, hammered, drunk rant, but have a new used refurbished cell phone that I managed to Crack getting out of the car to the att store. Bought it from a members advice here

7. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

WHAT?!?!? You?!?!?!?HAMMERED!!!!???

Where'd you hide the cash?

8. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Motorcycle rentals.:D

YamahaRick and auminer like this.
  9. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Semiconductors/ electronic components, out of Asia and the broker market.

10. Captain Morgan

The phone is great and I will always buy a
    long story, but had my new unlocked phone shipped, managed to crack it before i turned it on,( not the screen or camera), its hooked up now, all good

11. Rebel635

Rebel635 Well-Known Member

Half the inventory at any local dealership is not their brand. Toyotas selling dodges and fords, fords selling Hyundai and Mercedes’.

back in the day, trade ins would have been sent to dealer auction. Now they want to sell and make commission on anything. “Passt, hey kid, wanna trade in that tricycle on a truck you may see in 6 months?”

and I’ve first hand seen this “dealers not allowed to order inventory…”
    Friend has a setup where he gets a new truck every 6 months via a dealership. sonce he can’t trade it in less than 6 months, xx miles by Ford rules.

Dealer orders him a new truck, he gets it, drives it, trades it in for the new one and dealer gives him the new truck straight up, marks up the used truck and sells it.
    That’ll work until the floor drops out on new vehicle demand.

12. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

Quite a good summary honey. You left out the parts where I found the lounge and the clicker and watched one of my favorite Monk episodes, and civilizations rose and fell while they were getting their proverbial together even though the customer to service personnel ratio was absurd, everyone scuttling around, achieving nothing. And then where is the second key fob. And how did that white vehicle materialize into my way. Move it, now. Moral of the story, pay attention. Sometimes people are up to something, sometimes they are simply incompetent.

Gino230 likes this.
  13. BigBird

BigBird blah

@Trainwreck I was at NJMP this weekend, saw Jackie race on Sat, set a 1:07+ at Lightning in GTA Street class and then gone. He ended up in Mid-Ohio overnight and killed it there. All on 200TW tires, crazy stuff

upload_2022-8-8_9-32-57.png

14. Trainwreck

Trainwreck I could give a heck

Yeah, he is one of the most talented kids I've ever witnessed behind the wheel. The times he can run on 200TW tires is downright silly.

BigBird likes this.