1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

8 Degrees

Discussion in 'General' started by CausticYarn, Apr 4, 2018.

1. CausticYarn

CausticYarn Well-Known Member

What is this business!?
    I got up to hit the gym and nearly froze my ass off!
    It’s April, I should be prepping my motorcycle for the season.

The roads are ice and someone parked their SUV on its side on lake minnetonka. Ain’t exactly the best way to purify yourself in those waters.

This is exactly why the CRA doesn’t race in April anymore.

ChemGuy likes this.
  2. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

Why couldnt we have this weather at the beginning of the winter(November)? I dont mind it at all, just wish it didnt all come at the end of winter.

CRA_Fizzer, badmoon692008 and Funkm05 like this.
  3. CausticYarn

For real. The earth is finally at an angle against the sun that my brain likes, I want to get outside and prep the bike and the gardens.

Nature: "Here is 11" of snow *Foomf* , and a deep freeze. Love you guys!"

4. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Global warming.....it cools things down pretty noticeably.

I've still got some remnants of snow melting around my yard and the forecast says there's a possibility of more snow on Fri/Sat, fortunately I'll be in Vegas where its mid-80's and sunny. :D

K51000 and bacolmm like this.
  5. ClemsonsR6

ClemsonsR6 Well-Known Member

Mother nature is just giving you more reasons to go on dates with your boy toy and doing naughty things in your car that he is driving while leaving Dern at home with the chilren.

You should Thank her.

6. G 97

G 97 Garth

Ha ha. It’s only 18 in Iowa. :p:(

7. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

jesus, I’m wearin shorts and sweating my ass off down here!

track wagon and TurboBlew like this.
  8. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

When I grew up in Illinois, by December 21st when winter officially starts, I was already tired of it.

Also remember riding home on the school bus in High School, I believe it was the first week of May, and it snowed. I remember thinking I can't wait to move the heck out of here.

9. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I'm definitely getting a haircut and seriously considering nuking the beard, it's going to be close to 90 in Vegas when we get there.

Robby-Bobby likes this.
  10. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

To be fair I guess, my mom has always reminded me that the year (more specifically the day, April 7th) I was born there's a horrendous snowstorm so I guess I can't complain too much that the weather now is crappy in early April. Its all cyclical and humans just have poor memory lol.

11. CausticYarn

If his driving skills are any indication of his bedroom skills, I'll pass ;)

12. CausticYarn

Global climate change, yo.

:D

13. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Exactly. Winter has always shifted back and forth. Some years snow on Halloween other years it was mid 70's. Been snowed/iced out of Roebling in mid-March or sweated my ass off.

14. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

You're in Minnesota and April cold is a surprise? Um...ok. Soon it'll be hotter'n hell.

15. CausticYarn

Not a surprise as much as a disappointment. 50 degrees to 8 is a bit of a shock to the system.
    I would take the hot wet blanket of July all year round if I could.

16. Hooper

Hooper Well-Known Member

I'm flying to Chicago tomorrow to go visit my son and baby granddaughter. Weather Underground says that there is a 70% chance that it will be snowing by the time I get to their house. :confused:

It was already in the low 80s just a few days ago here in San Jose.

17. xrated

xrated Well-Known Member

Living in E. TN here. One of the old guys that I worked with before he retired would always say ( when the news was showing some winter blizzard up north).........

"I don't feel sorry for 'em.....they had all summer to move!" :crackup:

18. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

With mosquito's the size of hummingbirds, flying around.......oh the humidity....Don't cha know!

You can, Florida has exactly what you want.

19. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Crazy yankee scum.

20. Champer

Champer Well-Known Member

Man when BIR did the repave back in 2013, a few racers went up to make sure it was all good and I got a sunburn that day. It was mid April! Had a freak warm day as we do here in MN so it was awesome.