1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

777 Missing

Discussion in 'General' started by mfbRSV, Mar 8, 2014.

1. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

What if it was Chuck Norris?

I apologize. I got caught up in the moment.

2. RoadRacerX

RoadRacerX Jesus Freak

The pilots can just dial a numerical code onto the transponders that ATC recognize as a hijacking.

3. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

Yeah, it clipped another plane, right? Did that incident weaken the structure at the fuselage? Only to completely fail at 35,000'? Wing comes off, disables all communications. Death roll, looks like a u turn, straight into the water? Don't know.

4. SGVRider

SGVRider Well-Known Member

There were a couple 747s that crashed after improper damage repairs failed. It's happened.

5. mfbRSV

mfbRSV Well-Known Member

Did you see video of the 777 cart wheeling at San Fran? Highly doubt the above scenario from a wing tip repair gone bad.

6. Fencer

Fencer Well-Known Member

What really happened

[​IMG]

Poor taste, I know.
    Many devastated families.

7. They are VERY excessive. Like I said, an ~80gal spill resulted in millions. They make the fines so excessive that dumping the oil/gas overboard is not a viable alternative to disposing of it properly.

8. dieterly

dieterly Well-Known Member

What does the Asiana accident have to do with a possible structural wing failure in cruise?

9. dieterly

Not sure how many pilots would do that nowadays since it almost would guarantee a few rounds from a M61 Vulcan gun up their ass...

10. crazywolf450r

crazywolf450r Well-Known Member

No serious injuries.

11. Fencer

Fencer Well-Known Member

I was talking about the 777

12. Sacko DougK

Sacko DougK Well-Known Member

Why would sqwawking Emergency/high jacking is guaranteed to get you shot at? That makes no sense.

13. I would have to think they would reach over and quietly enter the code quickly, before anybody knew what they were doing. Sorta like the bank teller that secretly presses the silent alarm.

I kinda doubt they would be like "Hey hijacker dudes, guess what i just did!!!"

14. Stirz

Stirz Makes my butt look big

That is one of the theories floating around (no pun intended).

15. tophyr

tophyr Grid Filler

The M61 Vulcan is the cannon mounted on pretty much every US fighter jet. He's not talking about getting shot by the hijacker ;)

Because if you're anywhere near a target of high enough value, the body in charge of said HVT may end up deciding to shoot you down rather than risk the jet impacting its potential target.

"Guarantee" seems a bit strong, but I'm not willing to debate whether or not it'd actually happen. Just clarifying what I think dieterly meant :beer:

16. mfbRSV

mfbRSV Well-Known Member

17. Sacko DougK

Sacko DougK Well-Known Member

Bullshit.....Nothing but pure nonsense.

18. Ok, that makes a little more sense. :D

19. BigBird

BigBird blah

It's crazy that there is still no trace of the plane so many days after, considering that the waters have been said to be a lot shallower than the Air France plane that went down.

20. dieterly

Maybe........Maybe not.