1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

50 and 80cc races!!

Discussion in 'General' started by EXPERT35, Dec 23, 2000.

1. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Time won't be a problem since we're only running National classes - 11 total races... (well 13 this time with the YSR's and possibly Pro Thunder).

I'll try to schedule the deluge for earlier this year. I'm thinking the hangovers won't be as bad if we can get everyone a cool shower first thing off the bat. [​IMG]

2. td930

td930 Well-Known Member

it's modified...no gonna give away secret to success [​IMG]

3. td930

td930 Well-Known Member

the only people that ride little 'ol motorcycles is the hejaz shriners doin' that "figger ate" thang [​IMG]

4. timspeed

timspeed Well-Known Member

Read up boys, there are a lot of world champions that love to race YSRs. Rich Oliver rides a little old mini. I hear that king Kenny has a few on hand at his ranch. Many people have taken classes from Ed Bargy. I'm sure they all have seen his black pit bike in action. Dave sadowski has a relative that shows up at races to take some podium from time to time. If you would rather not race a YSR, it's obvious that you haven't tried it yet. These bikes are quite possibly the most fun roadracing you could ever get into. I have seen the most remarkable feats at ysr races. I once saw Dave Donaly on a YSR-yz80 tuck his front end, hook it back up, lock his front brake, do a total flip over, the bike flipped with him and without touching tarmac it stopped as it leaned up against him. I wish I had a camera! Wheelies on YSRs have made for some great entertainment too. Wrecks or good ones, it doesn't matter. I had the guys at Pocono going nuts three years ago when I went wild on the small course with all of the street squids after sundown. I couldn't stand to see all of those guys with gsxr600s and ZXes trying so hard to do burnies. I think some guy has my episode on tape. The little donuts still show near where the nesba and pro-motion guys enter the track. Smokies, Wheelies, First time to drag a knee, these are everyday fun for YSR owners. Give it a try, it'll make you feel good. C'mon man, You'll be cool if you do it.

5. timspeed

You might want to ask your friends if they have a copy of the EARA ysr tape. I just happened to put an on-board camera on my YSR-yz80 for my last ever sprint race on a YSR. There is a lot of footage of what happens when you gear a 15hp 80cc motor for a go-cart track. Blue skies in the picture for almost every shift. Like I said, possibly the most fun roadracing you could get into. You will not be famous or get big trophies and sponsors. I have seen some helicopters at the big bike races, but the worst I have seen at a ysr race so far was a collar bone injury or my big brother's sub-taylor dislocation. Little bikes = BIG fun!!

6. Super_Dave_344

Super_Dave_344 Well-Known Member

Im getting the itch to ride right now!! im getting my stuff together now.So do we have a count on about how mnay people are interested in ACTUALLY RACING YSR's?? just curious.

7. carrollm

carrollm Fast Rice Racing #71 ex.

I'm in.....count me as one of the 80's racing at Summit Pt. WERA #71

8. Tracee Polcin

Tracee Polcin Pic by IYF Photo

Come on man, I need those speed tuning secrets. We'll show those tiny motorcycle riding guys what fun is. [​IMG]

9. Rusnak_322

Rusnak_322 FOX Mullet

10. td930

td930 Well-Known Member

ok, come over to my pit...look for the babes in mulched grass skirts... [​IMG]

11. timspeed

If your chicks have green grass down below, you need to call a doctor or something, man! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

12. JRSpencer

JRSpencer New Member

Count 2 more YSR racers in! My wife and I are currently an endurance team and race sprints with our YSR's with CMRA (Texas, Oklahoma) We have obviously been spoiled by a well organized and well represented YSR participation. We just raced a 3 hour endurance last weekend at Oakhill in Texas with 32 other teams entered. Anyway, we are moving to the beautiful Blue Ridge Mountains of North Carolina, and are excited to see that we will still be able to see that we will be able to continue to race! Will there be bot sprints and endurance races? Where can we see the schedule for 2001 for minis?

13. timspeed

14. Super_Dave_344

Super_Dave_344 Well-Known Member

I believe the minis are racing all the putnum park indy races and summit point WV right? all except for the national.

15. td930

td930 Well-Known Member

yikes.....that'd be terrible....but anything's better'n Kudzu [​IMG]

16. timspeed

Kudzu?? what? Is that like an umpa-lumpa?

17. td930

td930 Well-Known Member

whatEVER you're mind can CONger [​IMG]

18. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I just wanna know who is showing at Talladega this weekend?

In answer to a much earlier quaestion the mini's will run at all Talladega's except the National, all Putnam's except the National, and only the Summit Point National - NOT Summit Point Sportsman rounds (just no time especially if we do the CORC thing).

19. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

To answer my own question - not a single one. Needless to say I'm not sure this is worth pursuing other than the one round at Summit...

20. CharlieM#90

CharlieM#90 Well-Known Member

I agree. How's about re-directing your efforts to giving us a finalized, complete, National Challenge Schedule.......? [​IMG]

Charlie Mc #90