1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

50 and 80cc races!!

Discussion in 'General' started by EXPERT35, Dec 23, 2000.

1. EXPERT35

EXPERT35 Well-Known Member

I am glad to see YSR races in the schedule!I currently play with a YSR in the EARA CLUB.My bike is a YSR but has a HONDA XR100 engine in it.The clubs I have run in let you run a four stroke up to 120cc in the 80cc 2-stroke class.Would I be eligable to race it in your 80cc 2-stroke class.

2. WERA

WERA Administrator

Sure, for now we're woring on the urles so we'll let most anything run until we get a better feel for what's what.

Just keep in mind that we are only running these at limited events where we can make a short track - so far near you that's only at Putnam although I am going to try and get the little bikes on the long track at Summit at the National in August, no promises yet...

3. YamahaRick

YamahaRick Yamaha Two Stroke Czar

How can I determine what weekends have YSR racing as part of the schedule?

4. Super_Dave_344

Super_Dave_344 Well-Known Member

Im also interested in what dates and tracks will run a ysr class and what size motor classes will be run. Im in the Mid-Ohio area and theres about 5 fo us here that race them and are interested. thanks. When will you know if theyre gonna run at the National in aug? That would be awsome and id make the trip for sure!! Thanks Happy Holidays

5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

So far it's all Putnam's and all Talladegas that are NOT Nationals. I have to see what else we're doing with regards to the AMA stuff and then I'll be able to make a decision on the Summit National - be patient though it's still going to be a while.

I am going to also work on some other tracks and see where we can run them.

6. Super_Dave_344

Super_Dave_344 Well-Known Member

sounds good..... see if theres any chance of running them at nelson ledges....its a descent track and its small enough to run YSR's at. Thanks for working on this for us.

7. timspeed

timspeed Well-Known Member

I am so enthusiastic about the entry of YSR racing in WERA, I started assembling a junker for myself. I am not sure if anyone knew this but YSRs have been the intro to many big roadracers careers. In our ranks there is Jason DiSalvo, Mike Meshewski, Chris Pyles, heck even ED Bargy putts a YSR around the pitts. In the world class there is no lack of YSR enthusiest. Did you know king Kenny Roberts sports a YSR track at his ranch? Army of Darkness spreads their darkness around east coast YSR events when they have time. I guess I'm saying the young kids that can't push a 600 around yet, the guys that have street bikes but do not want to front another $5,000 to get a race bike and the guys that just want to play will love this opportunity to get on the track.
    Oh, almost forgot. Yeah I'm the one who got kicked off the track at nelson ledges for taking two fast laps at dusk two years ago on my ysr/yz-80 ago.
    EARA 1999 80cc #1

8. Tracee Polcin

Tracee Polcin Pic by IYF Photo

Can I run my PW50 at Talladega? [​IMG]

9. bgoodwin

bgoodwin Half Ass

Only if your daughter will allow it. [​IMG]

10. timspeed

timspeed Well-Known Member

I think there are some YSRs that could beat some of those ear- numbing vintage machines. Even the stock class guys ride respsctably. They should all get a chance to ride on a real racetrack. All they have now is a go-cart track, since their bigger tracks have been closed. If you want to race a pw, bring it. I'm sure they'll be glad to whoop you up.

11. stickboy274

stickboy274 Stick-a-licious Tire Dude

youll need to weld some rearsets on the pee-wee. then youll be set. maybe ill get some tires for the ds and come try

12. carrollm

carrollm Fast Rice Racing #71 ex.

Anyone know the minimum age requirement in WERA? [​IMG]

13. WERA

WERA Administrator

10 for the 50/80 stuff, 14 thru 16 can ride up to C class machines and once they hit 16 there are no limits.

14. Shannon Huffman

Shannon Huffman Well-Known Member

PW's and DS's .... that would be a hoot ! I'd be in on that one for sure. I've been wanting to try that for a while. Does Pirelli make Supercorsa's to fit a PW 50 ? [​IMG]

15. bobby

bobby Guest

Im in...
    My XR50 is already set up.... just gotta safty wire it. Will there be a class for 50cc 4 strokes??? Can we still race if there is not??? I know the YSRs would dust the XR's but I already know 4 guys with XR's that are members of WERA. We would put on a show like you wouldnt believe. www.angelfire.com/tn2/xr50freekz

16. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yes you can run the 4 strokes - no rules regarding valves or no valves... I also tols one person they could run a 100cc 4 stroke in the 80cc class.

I'm faking this one as we go along until we have more data...

17. cweaver

cweaver New Member

How about having YSR races at Summit Point on the smaller track? There is also a third track in planning stages apparently. The short track at Summit should be just about right for the YSRs. I am going to be racing with EARA on my stock YSR50 this year and would LOVE to race Summit on the same weekends as my WERA friends.

18. carrollm

No....We need to stay with the big track.
    You just run a very small sprocket. I've
    seen a YSR do 117 mph with an 80 motor in it.
    The stock 50 can get up over 65 geared correctly. They start out slow like a 125, but get up to speed pretty fast. Have some BALLS MAN! [​IMG]

19. carrollm

Of course I am talking about Summit Pt.
    The Word has reached the YSR club EARA, and they all want to know if Summit can be put on schedule for sure. [​IMG]

20. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Give me another two weeks and I'll have a firm answer for you (hoepfully sooner).

Sean Clarke - WERA (sometimes Mongo even)