1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

45th Annual WERA Grand National Finals 2017

Discussion in 'Announcements/Information' started by Mongo, Oct 3, 2017.

1. Wheel Bearing

Wheel Bearing Professional low sider

I just preregistered for the practice and sportsman race on Friday. I assume it's OK that the dates don't match since the website still showed practice on Friday and not Thursday like it actually is?

2. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

Practice is Friday too.. Just before lunch...

3. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Huh, thought I'd fixed all the practice stuff, I'll check it. The event date has nothing to do with the actual day the classes are run, I just have to put something in that field. Go with the actual schedule for which days the races run.

4. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Gates will be opening between 5 and 6pm Wednesday. Parking before that time will be in Lot C, you will be directed to turn right at the stop sign by the museum and the lot is on the right up the hill. We will be getting the vendors in early so they will be parked in their own line. Once the gates do open please enter in the order in which you arrived. The racing will happen later in the weekend and there is no reason to start the event off being rude to your fellow riders by trying to cut in line. Gate fees for rider/crew will be $40. Rider/Crew bands will be sold in Lot C ahead of time and then at the credential building Wednesday 5-12, Thursday 6am-11pm, Friday 6am-11pm, Saturday 6am-10pm, Sunday 6:30am-2:30pm.

5. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

So just to confirm NO Lot G..... And we drive by and stop at the registration booth after 5 in line....

Killswitch likes this.
  6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yep. Right at 5 they may just hold you down the the T intersection before the museum until Lot C is empty and everyone is set up in credentials.

TLR67 likes this.
  7. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

Thanks.....

8. TX Joose

TX Joose Well-Known Member

Question - I see pirelli is one of the sponsors (as well as Michelin) are either of them doing contingency? I know bridgestone is but I don't see their name on the GNF schedule..

9. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

The logos on the GNF schedule are cash sponsors not contingency sponsors so on that score they don't mean anything. Overall they do mean a lot to us :D

Contingency listings are here - http://www.wera.com/contingency/?x=1098 including championship bonuses if they're different than a normal payout. All of the National Challenge classes pay like normal, anything that says they pay every event will also pay (unless they have a Championship Bonus listed then that will replace the normal event payout).

10. javyday

javyday Well-Known Member

Will it be possible to camp in lot G (or anywhere outside of paddock) Sunday night?

11. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

G Shouldn't be a problem, just check with the track peeps or Zoom peeps while you're there.

javyday likes this.
  12. maslov

maslov Well-Known Member

Any idea on the gate fee, or pit pass cost from Barber?

13. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

$40 a Head....

maslov likes this.
  14. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

No extra charge to get in the paddock, just can't get on hot pit lane with the spectator bands.

maslov likes this.
  15. HEF211

HEF211 Well-Known Member

Will registration be open this evening (Wed)?

16. V5 Racer

V5 Racer Yo!

Line forming to go into lot C, which is currently closed. Guy with Barber said they were waiting on Sean/Evelyn to get here so they could open it (or somesuch).

17. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

TLR67, HEF211 and V5 Racer like this.
  18. V5 Racer

V5 Racer Yo!

Thanks!

19. t11ravis

t11ravis huge carbon footprint

Just so we're clear, I don't like anyone that is currently in line as I'm still at the office!

Shenanigans likes this.
  20. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

Opening a Beer for you Travis in 2 Min....:beer:

t11ravis likes this.