1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

45th Annual WERA Grand National Finals 2017

Discussion in 'Announcements/Information' started by Mongo, Oct 3, 2017.

1. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

So here we are, getting close to the end of another season. Time flies for sure. However it's not over yet and the GNF this year is going to have more races than any event we can remember WERA or any other sanctioning body putting on in just 4 days. If you want to be a part of it pre entry for the Sportsman, Vintage, and National Challenge races is open! Remember, you must have run a sportsman class this season in order to run it at the GNF. The rest are points so they're open to legal machinery. The R3 Cup Final is listed in the National Challenge event. The minis and Grom Cup are listed in the Sportsman/Vintage event. Thursday practice is listed in all the events so only enter it once per bike you want to practice on that day. Any issues just shoot us an email at [email protected]. Thanks for being a part of WERA!

And seriously - the 45th GNF. :eek:

Wheel Bearing likes this.
  2. Mechdziner714

Mechdziner714 More Gas Less Brakes

I got Rossi:)
    Hope you guys have fun, I'll just have to hope I can make the next one...

3. Shenanigans

Shenanigans in Mr.Rogers neighborhood

I need to call and reserve a room.

4. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

Got the letter in the Mail today..... Thanks Sean for the message there on it about cutting in line.... Last race there at Barber a couple people just By Passed everyone already waiting in Lot G for the day and drove straight up to the registration booth....Needless to say I expressed my displeasure with them.... Just Pre Registered Online... See you guys Weds...

5. ahastings

ahastings Well-Known Member

what are the pre entry fees for the national races and the rrgc races? the website says $100 for the first national and $80 for each after but when I plugged it in it showed $100 for each class

6. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

Not for the GNF Though.... $100 for each no matter how many if I am not mistaken....

7. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

GNF is always different, $100 a class. It's all in the letter we sent out. Sorry about the fees page, need to update that.

TLR67 likes this.
  8. ahastings

ahastings Well-Known Member

I don't get the letter anymore since u guys abandoned our region. Am thinking about the gnf trying to decide if it's worth it. Very pricey

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

9. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Track rentals keep going up, expenses keep going up, we have to pay the bills.

10. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

So onto more fun stuff - the R6 being given to the winner of the Yamaha bLU cRU R3 Cup is sitting at the warehouse in Kennesaw ready to go to the GNF! :D

cajun636 likes this.
  11. cajun636

cajun636 Honda Junkie.

Excellent news!!

When is the last day for pre-entry for the Sportsman stuff. I will register for the other stuff when I am there.

12. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Dunno, what's the letter say? :D

13. cajun636

cajun636 Honda Junkie.

Didn't get it yet :D

14. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Blame the hurricane. They went out last Tuesday :D

October 25th. It's a Wednesday so don't forget.

15. Lizard 1

Lizard 1 Well-Known Member

Sean-
    Old age and cannot remember... Are the Sportsman classes for bragging rights in racing against the other regions or is the points earned during those added to the regional points? In other words, the last round for NC is this weekend. Are the races and points earned during the NC weekend the FINAL tally of points and the championship for NC will be determined this weekend? Or, is the last round simply the last round for the region and points earned at the GNF are also added and THEN you will determine a champion for the NC?

Not sure if that came across correctly. Just wondering as to the races at the GNF and how they impact the NC regional championship...

A.Brooks98 likes this.
  16. cajun636

cajun636 Honda Junkie.

The Sportsman classes are a winner take all race.

The races at the NC round would determine the Regional champion but unless it's a Vintage round those points won't count towards a regional championship.

Lizard 1 likes this.
  17. Lizard 1

Sean- What is your email to send a question about pre-registration and logging in?

18. Lizard 1

Thanks, man! It is what I thought, but wasn't sure if there was something that was tied in...

cajun636 likes this.
  19. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

[email protected]

:crackup:

20. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Or ask me at Grattan.