1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2A in action

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by speeddaddy, Feb 24, 2018.

1. speeddaddy

speeddaddy Well-Known Member

These gals need some training. And better firepower! They were lucky they didn’t shoot each other!

2. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

Holy crap, I wish some audio went with that one......know the outcome???

Googled result, mom sustained a gash on her head (pistol whipping?) and the perp is in critical condition, he made his getaway but the coppers caught up to him at the ER.

Son of owner says they won't be victims.....good for them!

Last edited: Feb 24, 2018
  3. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

Training for sure. The Mom left her cover and exposed herself unnecessarily. Too much talking, apparently. Once the robber came back at them it was time to empty the magazine.

4. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

"Why does anybody need 15rds?"

5. blkduc

blkduc no time for jibba jabba

They were both on live pd last night. They said he robbed them, then came back in the store and they didn't know why. He dropped his shotgun outside. (maybe it was empty?) They kept telling him to just please leave but they can't remember all that was said. They are still shaken up badly from this. After the bad guy grabbed mom's gun and pistol whipped her, he didn't know it was empty so that reach over the counter to shoot the daughter was just a "click"...lucky mom emptied it first!

The bad guy is still alive. He's been robbing a lot of stores in the area. Hope he gets locked up for a long time.

XFBO likes this.
  6. speeddaddy

That was my first thought watching as well.

7. galloway840

galloway840 Well-Known Member

Wonder what caliber those were? 22lr? seems they didn't have too much "stopping power" and/or they never hit him very well.

I was concerned when mom went out chasing and shooting at him, that's generally a no-no, or at least you're gonna need a good lawyer to defend it.

8. weber#465

weber#465 mud fight

Different / more user-friendly guns, better ammo, more range time, better plans and practice, practice, practice. Glad that they were lucky enough to have made it.

9. blkduc

I'm guessing the revolver was a .38 special with 5 rounds.

10. blkduc

Also remember real life bad guys don't stop and instantly die from a gunshot wound like the movies, especially a pistol caliber. They can keep on fighting for a while.

11. galloway840

Agree, especially from a 22 or .38.

Using a .45, a 9mm +P, or .357 mag would all have put a much quicker stop to him.

stk0308 and BHP41 like this.
  12. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

Do you know how many hits? Curious about the caliber too? I'm guessing no bigger than a 32 or 380 maybe.

I watched the video again and it looks like the perp was trying to get mom to go outside....very weird, looks like he got all the money why did he wanna come back inside is beyond me.

13. speeddaddy

Yeah it looks like he’s got a sawed off when he’s emptying the cash, but not when he comes back in. Strange. Maybe an accomplice in a car outside? Why come back in?

14. BHP41

BHP41 Calling out B.A.N. everyday

Damn shame he didn’t die. Hopefully the judicial system will do it’s job and never let him see another day as a free man again. He should be charged with attempted murder.

15. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

Once you've reached the point where you're shooting to kill, I don't think your assailant can expect you to stop just because he starts trying to flee.
    This guy came back in after getting the money, who knows what he would have done?

16. galloway840

Not trying to be argumentative, and generally agree with you, but folks including cops have gotten into hot water shooting people in the back. One is not supposed to "shoot to kill", one is supposed to shoot to stop the threat, and generally when the threat is fleeing he is not longer a threat. In your house is a different story, he could be going to let in his friends.

badmoon692008 likes this.
  17. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

If you confront someone and their only reaction is to flee, then I would say you can't reasonably shoot, but once someone engages you in deadly combat, they don't get to say "I give" when they start losing.
    By their actions you know they wouldn't show you that mercy, therefore you do your best to kill them.
    I'll be damned if I'd act more civilized than some animal that has attacked me.

18. Clay

Clay Well-Known Member

5 shots and you can see the flash from cylinder gap. Gotta be a 38. Not a ton different than a 9mm really. If she had a 357 she might not have been able to handle it very well seeing how she was shooting that one.

19. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

If he left once then came back in that would seem an easy thing to defend. I always am a bit ticked when people think the guy that just tried to harm you is retreating so you should stop. He might be reloading, get more guns or other things. Once the criminal starts it until they are surrendering and going into a position like on their knees or better their stomach they would be fair game if I was on the jury.

fixerflyer likes this.
  20. r1madman

r1madman Well-Known Member

Believe I heard 4 hits

XFBO likes this.