1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

24 hours in San Diego - Where to stay and what to do?

Discussion in 'General' started by pscook, Jan 15, 2021.

1. pscook

pscook Well-Known Member

I arrive at 10:30 am Wednesday morning. Shit. You're right.

2. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

That's some shit luck. It's been beautiful lately save for one day of rain. I kind of nailed it though because I'm in WI for work and it's going to be in the 60s here on Wednesday...

Boman Forklift likes this.
  3. pscook

pscook Well-Known Member

Two years ago we had a foot of snow in Baja as well as sub 30* weather. Cold and wet and icy. Last year was rain the whole trip. If I can trade my off day with rain for 5 bike days without rain I'm in.

4. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

The missus and I enjoyed Landini's Pizzeria for a couple of by-the-slice type fare. Probably hard to go wrong in a place called Little Italy

pscook likes this.
  5. Captain Morgan

Captain Morgan Well-Known Member

I spent Oct/Nov at 5the ave Marina right behind the convention center. The convention center was a gigantic homeless shelter with thousands of homeless. Police and fire/ rescue we there at least 10 times a day. Security was very tight at the Marina. Kind of ironic having 100 million dollars worth of yachts and homeless people sleeping on the sidewalk 50ft away, got to love Cali

6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Are the brew pub joints allowed to be open in Cali? If so rain isn't an issue :D

7. 05Yamabomber

05Yamabomber Dammit Haga

Right now its outside only right now. So any place that has patios is good to go. They are making announcement today on tier data so may drop to red tier which will open indoor dining at a limited capacity also.

8. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

Oh boy! Daddy's going to let us drink beer inside soon if we behave? I'm so excited. I feel so free.

9. cortezmachine

cortezmachine Banned

Tijuana is a hop skip and a jump. Lmk if you need some cheap hookers and blow ;)

10. pscook

pscook Well-Known Member

We are crossing into baja at Otay Mesa. Then blast to la rumarosa or thereabouts so no time for shenanigans. But thanks for looking out for us!

11. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

Otay Mesa? You'll miss the majestic beauty of Zona Norte, Tijuana, but suit yourself.

ChemGuy likes this.
  12. L8RSK8R

L8RSK8R Well-Known Member

I cruised thru Gaslamp yesterday, what a shell of it's former self. Absolutely nothing going on but bums & freaks walkin' around.
    I hadn't gone thru Little Italy in almost a year, that place was jammin'
    Sorrento's restaurant is a fav of mine. Paula (waitress) & Alex (Bartender) are great....not sure they're still there though.

Weathers beautiful today 60/62F