1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2022 WERA MotoGP Fantasy League

Discussion in 'General' started by dsapsis, Jan 20, 2022.

Tags:
  1. Phl218

Phl218 .

$ sent

2. Phl218

Phl218 .

Or you had a great ducati rider picked and Tardozzi decides 2 min before the start to put a hard front tire in.

or the freakin rain which is 100% in the forecast mid-race doesn’t happen

Or

or

or

BigBird and sbk1198 like this.
  3. sbk1198

sbk1198 Well-Known Member

80 bucks coming your way

4. Chino52405

Chino52405 Well-Known Member

$ sent. Thanks

5. Greenhound386

Greenhound386 Well-Known Member

I just sent an additional $10 for wife and I.

6. SuddenBraking

SuddenBraking The Iron Price

Just sent the additional $5 - sorry about that.

7. sidepipe79

sidepipe79 Well-Known Member

8. IronCactus

IronCactus Well-Known Member

shit. Will send additional 5

9. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

Sorry about the mess up on the buy-in folks. My bad. I'd edit the original call post, but...yeah.

Scott B. -- let me know your wera handle via PM, please.

2022 players (running tab)

Sudowoodo
    Greenhound386
    TheDirector46
    Phl2i8
    sbk1198
    Chino52405
    IronCactus
    Scott B.
    dsapsis

Phl218 likes this.
  10. badmoon692008

badmoon692008 Well-Known Member

I'm fine with the extra $5 but it seems like that's already been decided. I think the cutoff time is fine the way it is, but would support having autopicks only happen once or not at all.

11. dsapsis

If we are going to support auto picks, I too favor having a default slate picked prior to race 1 that gets used in cases where no picks are made since the previous round. However, this will require some coding, as the current setup has code that populates entries and simply persists until changed. Will consult with Jeremy on how easy that would be to implement.

12. Chino52405

Chino52405 Well-Known Member

Really solid chance these are the same people unless there are more of us.

13. BigBird

BigBird blah

money sent. $80

please leave the rules alone. no way is a Day 1 autopick helpful. Like MM93 breaking his arm in the first race, it's motorcycle racing, not checkers.

Boman Forklift likes this.
  14. Dave Wolfe

Dave Wolfe I know nuttin!

Im in!

BigBird likes this.
  15. dsapsis

Scott = Chino. Copy.

Paid up 2022 Players (running tally)

Sudowoodo
    Greenhound386
    TheDirector46
    Phl2i8
    sbk1198
    Chino52405
    IronCactus
    dsapsis
    SuddenBraking
    BigBird
    Dave Wolfe

Vote recorded.

I am not seeing your logic here, nor your comparison to checkers. Obviously, having a pick get injured for the year on your default list would be (conditionally) costly, but equally costly for whoever picked that person for that spot. And in selecting that order, you are likely thinking in aggregate position, not specific to a track -- its effectively estimating the final championship order (at least if you want to maximize your returns). Again, the refence point for this game is the original motogp.com game where failure to pick for a round resulted in zero points. I am of the opinion that there isn't a lot of compelling justification for the failure to pick a round being a significant ding. I am also willing to provide for proxy picks in cases where known circumstance makes technically making picks likely unworkable. I don't like the failsafe for laziness, which is how it predominantly manifests itself. As it stands the game has lost some of its basic requirements for being "active". So, like the above, I think you would want to spell out why your vote makes sense (and thus attract like-minded votes). Or just say "Dave, that's dumb!". That may work too. :beer:

Phl218 likes this.
  16. BigBird

BigBird blah

I remember being close with Papa one year on the .com game and forgot to make picks, and that's basically the end of that. But that was their game and this is ours.

Since we happen to improve upon the game, and made our own rules, I don't think the original game rules matter any longer. Also, that game was free, this one we are paying with some earned greenbacks. The way we've done this, everyone technically still has a chance every race to win, and not counted out of the season. And, most times last week's picks don't translate to wins the next week, especially now since we won't have back to back races often, ever? again.

TL;DR Life Happens.

17. Greenhound386

Greenhound386 Well-Known Member

He's saying that if he doesn't win the Fantasy league, he's going to launch the entire gameboard and pieces in the air and storm off like a toddler. Or at least the equivalent of that where he inducts a virus onto Jeremy's website and bricks all functionality.

18. 72westie

72westie Well-Known Member

My donation is sent.

BigBird likes this.
  19. dsapsis

That missive has more holes than emmantaler.

And Greenhound into the TTPOA lead!

20. BigBird

BigBird blah

looks about right.

No matter the rules, just might as well send your paypals to me. help eliminate the extra step :D

Phl218 likes this.