1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2022 WERA MotoGP Fantasy League

Discussion in 'General' started by dsapsis, Jan 20, 2022.

Tags:
  1. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

Copy. Keep the votes coming.

2. gixer1100

gixer1100 CEREAL KILLER

havent done this before but i am in. i'll learn as i go i guess lol

BigBird likes this.
  3. SuddenBraking

SuddenBraking The Iron Price

I feel like this year is my year.

BigBird likes this.
  4. sbk1198

sbk1198 Well-Known Member

As long as it's not the year of the bird again I think we'll all be relieved lol

5. BigBird

BigBird blah

@dsapsis want to post an overview for new players

6. YoshiHNS

YoshiHNS Mr. Slowly

I'll probably go in again.

Ok with the price of entry.

But I don't see why 2 or 3 need to change. Those people who are really serious about the game can be adjusting their list right up to race start if they want, while people just casually playing along can set their picks whenever. I think if something happens between qualifying and the race, such as a rider getting injured and not racing, then something should be done where the name is removed from the list for that week.
    Likewise with the carry-over picks. If I let my picks carry over for 3 rounds, odds are I'm not going to do well. But other than me, who's going to care? Definitely had a couple weekends last year where I had other things going on and didn't want to put in the time and stress of making good picks or trying to get online to do it. It's just a game. Only Bird has something on the line.

SuddenBraking, Phl218 and Quicktoy like this.
  7. Quicktoy

Quicktoy Is it Winter yet?

I like cut off right at race time. That’s my vote.

sbk1198 and Phl218 like this.
  8. crazymofo

crazymofo Then i was like...Braaap!

My preference would be cut off an hour after warm up (end of moto 3 sorta time).

However its pretty cool to be able to change your picks based one a bonehead last minute tyre change on the grid before race start haha.

Im cool with whatever, just putting options out there.

9. Dan Dubeau

Dan Dubeau Well-Known Member

I think Birds cutoff should be with 5min to go in q2. The rest of us get up until 5 laps to go on Sunday.

badmoon692008, Quicktoy and sbk1198 like this.
  10. Phl218

Phl218 .

:stupid:

Quicktoy likes this.
  11. dsapsis

The humor here is at least winning. :beer:
    Keep comments coming. I'll collate everything in a week or two.

Quicktoy likes this.
  12. dsapsis

BB makes me do work while he moseys down to the Bank. Have do something about that.

The basics of the game are prior to a race (cuttof time still in the works, but previously it has been 5 minutes before flag) you use a website to enter the rank order you believe will best match the race results. Positions and score values match exactly the 1-15 points allocations that go toward the actual championship (25 for 1st, 20 for 2nd, all the way down to 1 for 15th). If you pick a person for a spot higher than they finish, you get the value for the position they ended up at. If you pick a position lower than they finish, you get that position score.
    The game has two payout schemas. One is the season championship -- high player through all rounds wins, with a second and third place award.
    We also award a "weekly" (but more accurately race-round) winner based on the highest score for each race.

The payouts are (not including the new game support fee of 5 bucks each): 2/3rds of the pot goes to the championship and that money is split 80%/15%/5% for the top three. Weekly winners get the remaining 1/3rd of pot divided by the number of races. Depending on how many players, there might be some simple rounding done to make the payouts round dollars.

It's a great game, and provides incentive to both watch what is going on in the lead up to a race, as well as stakes for making the actual race more compelling.

That's not going to happen. Picks are on the player not the game back end (and that was not part of the options presented and there are multiple reasons why). WRT the cutoff, if it were reversed (east-west coast demographic) , I bet a bunch of mofus would be saying "Hey!". I don't expect the vote to go on this my way, for that very reason, but calling out the bias because it's there, and it's not a behavior/interest issue like missing picks.

gixer1100, backbone and Quicktoy like this.
  13. BigBird

BigBird blah

Yu sey werds bettuh :D

Last edited: Jan 23, 2022
  14. BigBird

BigBird blah

since my videopass renewed, we got any more players?

the game really keeps you invested into the races...definitely adds way more excitement...it's like a better Kentucky Derby every race :D

15. Phl218

Phl218 .

@HPPT

16. Dan Dubeau

Dan Dubeau Well-Known Member

Why do I feel like I just got an MLM recruitment speech from a local soccer mom.....

Chino52405 and BigBird like this.
  17. dsapsis

Been meaning to kick this to the top. I think all are ok with the 5 buck excise fee for the backend. Still open discussion on safety picks and cutoff time.
    I get the feeling last year's rules will prevail, but want an opportunity to cast it all about.

MLM. heh heh Bird season.

BigBird and Quicktoy like this.
  18. Quicktoy

Quicktoy Is it Winter yet?

Where and when do we send money?

19. dsapsis

I'll get that together soon. We had 24 players last year, so maybe we can increase it a few, but I am going to hold the line to regular beeb denizens. The recruit from elsewhere hasn't worked out to well (except for BigBird's bank acct).

BigBird likes this.
  20. 27

27 Well-Known Member

So... since I’ve pissed off 10M Catalonians by labeling them of Basque ethnicity... and my geography is questionable...
    am I welcome to join or?

Seriously though... does it take the fun out of watching and or add to it? I know you guys have fun and I watch most everything live but don’t want to be sitting there crunching numbers and comparing race sim runs compared to Q’s and stuff...

@Quicktoy? @BigBird Bueler?

TIA for your inputs....