1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2019 NFL Bold Predictions

Discussion in 'General' started by BigBird, Feb 5, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

2. BigBird

BigBird blah

at least they are stepping in a direction. They seemed to have no clue where they were going. The Giants on the other hand have the pedal to the floor going in reverse :)

3. Sabre699

By unloading a distraction such as OBJ may prove that to be otherwise.

BigBird likes this.
  4. ScottyRock155

ScottyRock155 A T-Rex going RAWR!

You can't honestly believe this? The comments that the GM has been saying lately should get him fired. I don't care about that team at all but keeping Eli and getting rid of OBJ because Eli "looked good" at the end of last year is beyond stupid.

BigBird likes this.
  5. BigBird

BigBird blah

it could go either way, but Gettlemen seems to have no clue what direction to go in with the "build", as he never uses the phrase re-build. He says he doesn't use any analytics, but just builds around "hog-mollies"

not to be ageist, as I quickly get up there in years, but why the Maras choose an closer to 70 year old that doesn't look at data to guide the franchise is beyond me. Every other team chose someone younger, and in some case MUCH younger to do this with pretty excellent results. As a GMen fan, it hasn't been fun since 2011. our 12-4 season wasn't as exciting as it seemed, as we knew that team was lucky.

6. ScottyRock155

ScottyRock155 A T-Rex going RAWR!

It's not like I can talk, I'm a Lions fan. The only reason I like the Giants is because they gave us Snacks and he is awesome! :D

BigBird likes this.
  7. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Cleveland for the championship.

BigBird likes this.
  8. Sabre699

[​IMG]

9. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

I'm ok with what the Bill's new GM / HC are doing. Have had a plan and are sticking to it. Signed a bunch of FA and fixed alot of holes, team should be better than last year. And we finally have a QB. :)

10. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Eli should have offered his resignation at least two years ago out of decency, since the Giants don't have the courage to put him out to pasture. I don't understand what he's doing out there. He can't possibly be having any fun losing year after year, I doubt that he needs the money that bad, and he hurts his legacy with every additional season. Which part of the picture am I missing? :confused:

Banditracer and BigBird like this.
  11. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

You pretty much nailed it....

Banditracer likes this.
  12. rk97

rk97 Well-Known Member

I find it utterly laughable that people think domestic violence and kneeling are going to end the NFL.

The nfl makes relatively little money on ticket sales. I don’t know the specific figures, but i am quite sure the NFL makes money on: TV contracts, merchandising, and advertising (i.e. all the bud light crap in the stadium, which crosses over into merchandising with the logo cans, etc)

We are now a streaming/DVRing/on-demand viewing culture. Live sports programming is one of very few spaces that networks can charge monstrous amounts for commercials. Even if viewership is down, the number of people actually seeing the commercials versus skipping through them on last week’s recorded walking dead episode is waaaaaay up.

NFL stadiums will likely shrink in seating capacity as the tv product continues to improve and the live experience deteriorates, but the NFL will remain profitable for the foreseeable future, based on TV contracts alone.

13. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Bengals with a new coach going all the way! No clue where they are going but they will absolutely get all the way there!

14. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Gawd, I love having you in the fantasy football league.

BigBird likes this.
  15. Mot Okstef

Mot Okstef Scrolling all day long on RRW.com

16. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I'd do better if I could just pay more attention to making changes. My drafting players I knew the names of last year actually had me in way better shape than the year before. I'll take progress where I can. Took me 4-5 years of betting on Monday Night Football to start watching Sundays regularly :D

17. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Mot Okstef likes this.
  18. BigBird

BigBird blah

19. Mot Okstef

Mot Okstef Scrolling all day long on RRW.com

That's a shame if it's true. Makes me think of Mike Webster (RIP) after his professional career was over. :(

20. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

Wait... You're supposed to watch sporting events live?

Oops. I've been doing it wrong. I simply can't bear to sit through commercials any more. They're each more intrusive and idiotic than the last. The blaring racket on the apple phone commercials... Jeeezus. Makes me want to jab a running chainsaw in my ears.