1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2019 MotoGP fantasy league

Discussion in 'General' started by dsapsis, Mar 4, 2019.

1. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

May I recommend:

Tito
    Karl
    Ianonne

to still finish outside the points.

Phl218 likes this.
  2. Greenhound386

Greenhound386 Well-Known Member

Neither my wife nor myself got the E-Mail this weekend. I just submitted both via PM to dsapsis and BigBird. Good luck*, everyone!

*I hope all of your picks suck.

BigBird likes this.
  3. Phl218

Phl218 .

Well,

Woooooooooot!!!

4. BigBird

BigBird blah

Red Bull Ring/Austria Results

upload_2019-8-11_9-47-18.png

5. BigBird

BigBird blah

6. BigBird

BigBird blah

Player Picks
    upload_2019-8-11_10-3-18.png

7. BigBird

BigBird blah

Points Per Player Breakdown
    upload_2019-8-11_10-11-8.png

8. BigBird

BigBird blah

"British GP BBS MotoGP Rankings for 2019" email sent

9. sbk1198

sbk1198 Well-Known Member

Tight one in this one...top 14 covered by 6 points. Not surprised, as i'm sure everyone bet big money on Marquez and Dovi to be up front. Miller and Crutchlow screwed me over this time.

10. Phl218

Phl218 .

Math question:

How does a pick 1. MM 2.AD with a race result 1.AD 2.MM lead to :

20 points for MM - and 20 for AD in the picks?

I have no clue about the math, so 25 points for race winner is clear, when he is picked for second, that makes 20 if you picked MM for 1st, right?

But if I picked dovi for second, which would have got him (and me) 20 points he is one spot off, so -5 should be 15 or is it based on his result : 25 and -5 leading to 20?
    What’s the formula?
    Trying to make sense out of this...

11. dsapsis

You get 20 points for marc because he finished second.
    You get 20 points for dovi because you picked him second. In other words, the lower of the pick or the finish.
    This way you need to align them (pick the actual order) to optimize points.
    The point allocations for positions are identical to actual championship scoring (25, 20, 16, 13, etc.)

<edit> Dovi! Hugely impressed with Fabio and Miguel as well.

BigBird and Phl218 like this.
  12. Phl218

Phl218 .

Thanks!

Yeah, aside from the middle, that race was a cracker

13. Greenhound386

Greenhound386 Well-Known Member

I can't believe nobody picked Dovi for the win. Incredible race. It's funny how this track yields such similar results each year. Still the only track on the circuit that Marc hasn't won at.

edit: Got the Silverstone E-Mail. Weird that I get them intermittently.

14. jonathanp

jonathanp Tech drop out

Did not get the email

15. sbk1198

Goes to show how dominant Marquez has been this season. Even at a track where he's never won, and Ducati has won every time (including with Dovi once or twice), people still bet on Marquez to win lol Personally, I picked Marquez to win this time only because the Honda has improved on their speed this year and the Ducati doesn't have as big of an advantage on the straights as they did in previous years. That and Marquez has been 2nd place, finishing within 0.2 seconds in the last few years so was thinking he could do better now lol

But the pace was higher. If you look at the results from past few years, this race was 6 seconds faster than last years, and 9 seconds faster than 2017.

Phl218 likes this.
  16. dsapsis

If it hadn't been so cool, I think Marc would have won with a gap. He had crap for rear grip from that Medium.

Phl218 likes this.
  17. BigBird

BigBird blah

same here. Thought that was definitely going to be @Phl218 but he went with the safe bet. It would have been a 10 point swing for anyone switching 1/2

18. jksoft

jksoft Well-Known Member

Now you tell me. My heart said Dovi but logic said Marquez. Really was a hell of a first and last few laps.

BigBird and Phl218 like this.
  19. Phl218

Phl218 .

:stupid:

20. sbk1198

5 point actually.

Btw, why am I getting so many emails with the link? Seems like every event I get it several times. Already got the Silverstone one 5 times and it's still only Sunday! lol

badmoon692008 and BigBird like this.