1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2019 MotoGP fantasy league

Discussion in 'General' started by dsapsis, Mar 4, 2019.

1. BigBird

BigBird blah

The latest one is titled, "MotoGP Rankings for Argentina 2019 BBS"

2. jksoft

jksoft Well-Known Member

Ok, I haven't been able to find that email yet, even in spam.

3. ScottyRock155

ScottyRock155 A T-Rex going RAWR!

Same. I did get a second survey email but it was titled "MotoGP Rankings -TEST".

4. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

Me too. The two latest emails (12:26 and 2: 29 timestamps) are both TEST calls.

5. Kramerica

Kramerica ISO: Intern named Darin

I never got an email

6. Dan Dubeau

Dan Dubeau Well-Known Member

Got one in my spam folder.

So we can only send it in once? Or can it go by the last received? For clarity sake, what time is the cutoff? After WUP? Time stamps should make it easy to sort it out, but I don't want to make anymore work for whoever is scoring this new system. Much appreciated BTW.

Phl218 likes this.
  7. sbk1198

sbk1198 Well-Known Member

I hate to be that guy, but I've been out of town since Wednesday morning, busy with work and Daytona, so I haven't had a chance to keep up with any of this. Looks like I've missed a lot. Any chance someone can bring me up to date on what's going on? Are we still using Motogoat? Have we decided on the scoring method?

8. 10MM

10MM Action Reaction

Make sure Big Bird has your email, we are using our own platform now. The survey link will be emailed to you, check your junk folder - that is where mine end up.

Revised standings are posted on the page (or two) before this one.

Preliminary picks in.

BigBird likes this.
  9. BigBird

BigBird blah

Unfortunately timestamp doesn't work because it doesn't save all your selections, just the last one.

We are using a free survey software that has some limitations, but doing our best.
    Scoring is the same as the previous official MotoGP where the max is 140 just like the championship, and you will only get the maximum number of points from the position that you put your rider in correctly.

Example
    You chose MM93 1st:
    Finishes 1st 25 points for you
    Finishes 2nd 20 points for you.
    Finishes 15th 1 point for you.
    DNF 0

You chose Crutchlow to finish 15:
    Wins the race, 1 point for you
    Finishes 10, one point for you
    DNF 0

Sent from my smatrfone

10. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

Sure. We have gone to a roll our own model becuae goat wouldnt set up our group for our rules, and we all beleive the old rules make for a much better game.

We need valid emails (with spam filters checked because they seem to be intercepting our deliveries) -- from there you get a message from BigBird with a link to an online survey platform. Each email indexed at the survey site is registered to receive entries -- so email source defined the unique submission. We configure each race as a survey, and you drag racers from the left side of the screen into the 15 finishing spots in the order you pick. You save it. You can revisit the survey, your old picks show up, and you can change them (but will only be new picks if you hit save). We are working on trying to configure the survey to accept picks right up to the race, but that involves some calculations on what what world time zone at at 12AM at the time of the race. We are working on this one bit.

The survey takes everyone entries and spits out a data matrix that we feed into a spreadsheet to calc scores. We post results to the beeb (see post 466 for Qatar results). It seems to offer what we needed: easy to use to make picks; secure (only someone accessing from your email can enter -- no one has access to your picks but you; its verifiable because you can go to the survey and confirm what you last saved). We ran a test with 11 of us and it seems to work spot on.
    Our main problem now is getting everyone connected and messages by spam filters. We have 13 days until the race, so hopefully we get this all settled. I do think that having a test survey and a new one posted up to take Argentina inputs was a problem, so hold tight.

BigBird likes this.
  11. Kramerica

Kramerica ISO: Intern named Darin

Got the email. Picks seemed to save.

@dspasis, since we've been back and forth on scoring, would you mind posting a FINAL scoring breakdown? Also, did we decide if we are going to scrap the 1st race on account of unclear scoring? I'm obviously in favor of scrapping it since I'm in DFL, but in my defense I thought we were using different scoring rules. Had I known we were using the lowest points (predicted or actual) for each of the top 15, I would not have picked who I picked.

12. BigBird

BigBird blah

Not sure what other scoring rules would make you choose other than the top 15 positions?

No matter what variation of scoring that was discussed, the game remained the same, which was choose the riders in the expected finishing order.

Sent from my smatrfone

badmoon692008 likes this.
  13. sbk1198

sbk1198 Well-Known Member

Thanks! I'll send you and BigBird my email. Ouch at being 15th in the standings after the first round though! lol...clearly I need to step up my game here lol

BigBird likes this.
  14. BigBird

BigBird blah

we have 5 entries for Argentina thus far.

any others having issues/no e-mail, etc.?

15. ScottyRock155

ScottyRock155 A T-Rex going RAWR!

So far I've got 4 separate emails that are "MotoGP Test", I have not received an email about the Argentina race.

16. BigBird

BigBird blah

sorry about that, but the system seemed to go stupid. I deleted the entire test thing, so hopefully it'll stop.

17. Phl218

Phl218 .

test

BigBird likes this.
  18. BigBird

BigBird blah

i thought I deleted you :D

19. Phl218

Phl218 .

20. badmoon692008

badmoon692008 Well-Known Member

This was the points scoring system that has been discussed since the beginning, I'm not sure what different scoring rules you thought we were using... We just incorrectly assumed that MotoGoat was also using that scoring system.

BigBird likes this.