1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2019 MotoGP fantasy league

Discussion in 'General' started by dsapsis, Mar 4, 2019.

1. Dan Dubeau

Dan Dubeau Well-Known Member

Double check the email address on those. It's probably just big bird too.

Greenhound386 likes this.
  2. BigBird

BigBird blah

To any one that checked inbox and spam and what not and still don't see the email, please let me know. We have some email addresses that may have been wrong so just let us know.

Sent from my smatrfone

3. crazymofo

crazymofo Then i was like...Braaap!

my test one is in now :)

BigBird likes this.
  4. BigBird

BigBird blah

Got it [emoji106]

Sent from my smatrfone

5. vfrket

vfrket Lost Member

No pitchforks or 3 foot screwdrivers yet, dang it!

BigBird likes this.
  6. BigBird

BigBird blah

Official Results After Round 1

Capture.JPG

Please let us know if there are any issues.

There were only 11 test entries, so hopefully those that didn't enter anything at least know of it.

I'll open up Argentina and you can place your rankings. PLEASE enter something for Argentina in the next few days please. Let us know of any trouble.
    Deadline Currently is 12:00 AM EST of Raceday

Last edited: Mar 18, 2019
  7. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

We've checked over the scoring routine and it appears to be working, but cross check it against your own calcs if you did it.
    We owe Bird a beer for putting the survey and spreadsheet together. He is a fine (and large) avian.

Phl218 and BigBird like this.
  8. jksoft

jksoft Well-Known Member

I like this. Everytime the scoring is revised, I inch closer to the top spot.

Greenhound386 and Phl218 like this.
  9. BigBird

BigBird blah

Also, please just let me know if anyone is aware of any rider changes: additions/subtractions/wildcards. Those have to be manually changed, so help a bird out in case I don't update the list and you would like to select one of the riders not listed.

10. ScottyRock155

ScottyRock155 A T-Rex going RAWR!

So we are entering our picks somewhere else now? I haven't been following this thread and I'm confused about this next round. And why is the deadline at midnight instead of race start?

11. dsapsis

BigBird has built a secure pick selection process using freeware survey tool. Your email is the only spot that a valid entry can be made from for you.
    BB also sent an email with the link to the site to submit a test. However, my master email list isnt working for everyone either due to spam filters or possibly a transcription error.
    People can still use the goat site as a backup for their picks, but there is no guarantee of fidelity (either purposefully or not) between the goat picks and the survey picks, so the latter must be viewed as the official ones. It is very easy to confirm your picks -- close and repoen and they will ahve stored the last saved entries.

The 12 AM* time cutoff is due to the survey tool not having more time function precision.
    We had 11 people (now 12 with jk) do the test. We need to confirm that everyone has access to the survey tool. It is real easy to use, and doesn't rely on us having to manually transcribe entries from the goat site. Sorry its been a bit of a hassle by Scotty -- your'e in second place man! Our own package was the best way to make sure it all worked and was in our control.

So please if you have not gotten or found the email with survey instructions, please send a valid email to the Bird. We need that address to set up the survey to receive your picks.

* still working on this. stay tuned.

BigBird and Phl218 like this.
  12. badmoon692008

badmoon692008 Well-Known Member

Just now found it in my spam folder but the survey ended last night. Is there going to be a home page type link that we always go to? or is there just going to be a link emailed to us the week before the races each round?

13. BigBird

BigBird blah

I closed the test, and opened up Argentina. It will be an emailed link that is just for you. You can use that email and continuously adjust the lineup as you please until cutoff.

14. Greenhound386

Greenhound386 Well-Known Member

Love it. I went from dead last on MotoGOAT's original scoring and am up to 8th.

@BigBird , 'The Director' didn't receive the test survey, but we'll look for the Argentina E-Mail. I received it this morning. Thanks for all of the hard work!

BigBird likes this.
  15. BigBird

BigBird blah

Let me know. Also, The Director has bragging rights as of now

Greenhound386 likes this.
  16. dsapsis

Note (and maybe I was the only doofus): Argentina is the week after this one: raceday is 3.31. So we have time to get everyone settled into the game process, but go ahead and use the tool to set picks, then just refine them once we have data from the weekend (if so inclined).
    Ive got everyone's deposits sans one player. I'll be working on getting that escrowed.

Also, WRT to any possible appeals, I'll be judge, jury and executioner. To avoid any perceived conflicts of interest, Should I win I'll give all profits to the AFF.
    I dont have a separate email for the Director -- can you send one in convo to me and BB?

17. BigBird

BigBird blah

There are no conflicts of interest. It's all transparent, so keep your money if you win and do as you please. Trust me, if there are any issues about your decisions, you'll hear from it here.

Last edited: Mar 18, 2019
  18. BigBird

BigBird blah

FYI, you may have received an email titled "MotoGP Rankings -TEST" just now. This was a test of the reminder system, so that we can utilize that feature in the future so people get a heads up. if you click the link it should say survey end, so you can ignore that one.

The argentina email link is active and ready to roll

Phl218 likes this.
  19. ScottyRock155

ScottyRock155 A T-Rex going RAWR!

I did find the survey in my spam folder, so the email you have for me is correct.

20. jksoft

jksoft Well-Known Member

So what emails should I be looking for now? To date, the only one I have received is the original test survey email.