1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2017 GSXR1000R or S1000RR????

Discussion in 'General' started by FED34FIRE, May 8, 2017.

1. gixxerboy55

gixxerboy55 Well-Known Member

I know it's a new bike, but the bikes from Japan are consistently the most reliable, plus more dealers, and cheaper parts, and the Suzuki's are generally easier to work on. That being
    said I to have been looking at getting something different like the Beamer.

Now that I have looked at the reviews for the Gixxer I want one. One of the reasons I want one is the forks, my previous bikes are the 2013 zx10 and 2009 gixxer. I am just a trackday rider so I do not like to spend a bunch of money on suspension just rearsets slipon and ecu flash.

2. NemesisR6

NemesisR6 Gristle McThornbody

Source?

What little reliable info I could find (through 2016) had Honda and Kawasaki outpacing them by quite a bit, with Ducati and Yamaha right in the race.

3. gapman789

gapman789 Well-Known Member

Will everybody quit saying 'gixxer' for the love of gawd?

The stunnas are gonna infiltrate again with that BS lingo.

roy826ex and Knotcher like this.
  4. Knotcher

Knotcher Well-Known Member

Thank you.

5. gapman789

I've had every GSXR from '92 to '13, and I've never used that slang. :Puke:

6. brex

brex Well-Known Member

I don't like gixxers.

7. Gixxer.

Gixxer.

Ra.Ge. Raptor, dtalbott and Steeltoe like this.
  8. I don't see anything wrong with it. It is just easier to use. It is no different than using "Duc" or "Ape", or "Kawi", or "Gix", or "Beemer", etc.

In all of those cases, everybody knows exactly what bike is being referred to, which is all that matters. So it doesn't make a shit.

9. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Duc makes sense, as does Ape, Kawi and Beemer (both of those are iffy). Gix does not and gixxer doesn't as it totally ignores a letter in the middle of GSXR... Even worse is gixter - where the hell did the t come from???

Just because you know what someone means doesn't make it sound any less idiotic :D

Phl218 likes this.
  10. brex

brex Well-Known Member

Gixxers are so srad, man.

Phl218 likes this.
  11. Hell, Ape, Duc, Kawi, and Beemer all ignore multiple letters...either in the middle, end, or both. Which is kinda the whole point of using simplified terms/words/contractions.

I've owned 5 or 6 Gixxers, and have use that term throughout. I don't see it as some kind of "Stunna" term, anymore than Duc, Kawi, or Ape. It is just easier to use than "GSX-R".

12. gapman789

A Duc is a cute bird, an Ape is just badass and our closest cousin, Kawi is a great fruit, and Beemer has simply earned it's slang term.

What the hell does a 'gixxer' have to offer?

gixxer.jpg

Phl218 likes this.
  13. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

KaTooM has always been my fav :D

14. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Just say Ninjer.

Phl218 likes this.
  15. BEi Racing

BEi Racing Well-Known Member

If you get a gixter, you absolutely have to get a 347 exhaust! yoshimura-logo.png

dsmitty37, Phl218, 5axis and 3 others like this.
  16. Knotcher

Knotcher Well-Known Member

17. gixxerboy55

gixxerboy55 Well-Known Member

Talk about your off topic, To me Gixxer is a fun word I like the way it rolls off the tongue, I am not worried if people think I am a stunter, I am 62 and have been riding since I was 16 mostly Hondas, so no stunter here.

18. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

You mean a Yah-she-meeruh

19. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

Duh, screenname

Gorilla George likes this.