1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2017 AMA Roadrace Grand Championships

Discussion in 'Announcements/Information' started by Mongo, Sep 11, 2017.

1. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

2017 AMA Road Race Grand Championships
    November 2-5
    Barber Motorsports Park

Classes -

1000 Superbike Expert & Novice
    1000 Superstock Expert & Novice
    600 Superbike Expert & Novice
    600 Superstock Expert & Novice
    Lightweight Twins Superstock Expert & Novice
    Lightweight Twins Superbike Expert & Novice
    Formula 3 (no Expert/Novice split)

Entry is open to all riders with a current roadracing license from any US organization. Class rules use the current WERA Rulebook available at http://wera.com/rulebook/?x=1098 Practice each morning Fri-Sun is included with your entry fee. Thursday all day practice will be $150 per machine. Pre entry cost is $100 per class. Pre entry will open at noon Monday September 25th and will close at midnight eastern on Sunday October 29. Competitors will be allowed to run the WERA National Challenge Series classes as well however they will need a valid WERA license to do so. All competitors will need a current AMA Membership.

To pre enter you can do so through the WERA website at wera.com, you will need a WERA ID number to get into the system. If you have a current WERA license use your normal ID. For those who have run an event put on by WERA in the past you are in the system however your expiration will need to be updated, please email [email protected] with your current bike number, AMA number, and current address. If you have never run an event put on by WERA we will need to assign you an ID and you can obtain that the same way, email [email protected] with the same information and we will send back your ID. This can all be done prior to the opening of the pre entry on Monday September 25 so you are ready to go. If you are not running any WERA classes and get charged for a renewal you do not want - DO NOT pay for it. Just email us and we’ll get it fixed for you.

Grids will be done based on entry order for the AMA RRGC classes. WERA Nationals are done by points order other than 600 Superbike Expert which is done via qualifying.

The Nicky Hayden Horizon Award is open to all competitors in all AMA RRGC classes.

There will be a Senior Championship Award and a Youth Championship Award given out via the following criteria - the Vet/Senior award will go to the top rider 40 or older in the 1000 Superbike class. For the Youth award it will go to the fastest rider in the Formula 3 class age 16 or under.

Any questions email [email protected]

2. maslov

maslov Well-Known Member

I'm just slightly confused looking at the schedule and your info here... It looks like Thursday practice is ran from 8:30 to 11, as opposed to all day. And I assume 1000s practice with the 750 group?

3. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

There are practice sessions Thursday afternoon in between the Vintage races. If you look the groups are 750 to Open so yep, the 1ks go there.

maslov likes this.
  4. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Just a reminder - pre entry will open Monday at noon. Anyone who isn't a WERA member needs to email me at [email protected] and get an ID number so they can use pre entry on the site. No charge for it for RRGC, just need your info - name, address, bike number, ama number, transponder if you have an AMB one.

5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Also please send this on to anyone you can think of who may be interested. We'll do another press release this week but not sure we'll be able to contact every club out there and want people to know everyone is welcome. We truly do want to build this back into a standalone event that includes everyone from every club.

6. TX Joose

TX Joose Well-Known Member

So when do you guys run the CC's after registration opens?

7. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Online goes through paypal so it's right away. If you mail/fax/emailed the form then it'll depend on when Emily feels like doing it but we will get those into the system Monday.

8. TX Joose

Thanks. Can you please remind me of which category is gridded by registration?
    Might have to do some now and some later.

9. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

All of the AMA Roadrace Grand Championship classes are by entry order. If you want to run the WERA National Challenge classes or if you've qualified to run the Sportsman Series classes those are all done by points. Those I'll probably open to pre entry later next week if I don't get them done today.

10. alan

alan Well-Known Member

Registered but it automatically added the transponder rental for $60, when I tried to remove it, it wouldn't allow it. I will not need a transponder rental

11. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

We'll fix it and do a refund.

If you don't click the transponder box it shouldn't add it, not sure what's up but I'll look into it.

For everyone else - pre entry is open!

12. alan

alan Well-Known Member

Thanks

13. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

So if we have run a couple WERA weekends this year we qualify for the Sportsmans? No more Invites for the GNF? Just want to confirm... I am in for the 1000 Superstock for sure...However I will pre reg for everything at once otherwise I will get slapped by the wife more than once...

14. Lincoln46

Lincoln46 Well-Known Member

There's a discrepancy between registration and PayPal. Paid through PayPal, transactions completed yet according to wera.com I still need to pay.

15. tawzx12r

tawzx12r Influencer to none

FYI... RRGC Pre reg shows us paying for Friday practice and NOT Thursday.....

It's $150 as said... just the day of the week is listed wrong... I get it... but some may not...

16. TX Joose

I know there's R3 cup winner wins a new bike. Are there any other classes like that where you win cash/prizes outside of regular contingency?

17. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Correct. However Sportsman would be A Superstock.

18. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Checking on that and those who paid multiple times will get refunds tomorrow.

19. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Fixed it. Just forgot to change it to read Thursday.

tawzx12r likes this.
  20. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Not off the top of my head.