1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2017 AMA Roadrace Grand Championships

Discussion in 'Announcements/Information' started by Mongo, Sep 11, 2017.

1. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

I'm talking the AMA Class.... Sorry... I will register when all available.... Thanks Sean....

2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

No worries, I'm confused with the questions going back and forth between the different stuff we're doing :D

3. MELK-MAN

MELK-MAN The Dude abides...

I'm likely reading it wrong, but it almost looks like you could enter other WERA class races, if you enter one or more of the AMA roadrace grand championship races..

4. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Anyone can enter any WERA National Challenge Series race they're legal for - they just need a WERA license. It reads a little odd but this whole thing was directed more at non-WERA riders who are looking to run the RRGC and could be looking for more races.

5. MELK-MAN

but i assume that there are races at Barber, you would have had to done at least one prior round to enter ? Or does getting the WERA license, and entering a AMA grand championship race enable you to enter additional races on that GNF weekend?

6. BEi Racing

BEi Racing Well-Known Member

You cannot enter any SPORTSMAN SERIES races without having done a previous race. You can do the AMA stuff and WERA NATIONAL stuff on Sunday

MELK-MAN likes this.
  7. BEi Racing

Just looked at schedule and some of the AMA stuff is on Saturday.

MELK-MAN likes this.
  8. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yes, Sportsman Series race have a requirement. National Challenge do not. Vintage do not. AMA RRGC races do not.

MELK-MAN likes this.
  9. uswjmc22

uswjmc22 Obfusc8

Sean, I'm not seeing the Sportsman or WERA national events for online registration.. I only see the RRGC AMA stuff.

TLR67 likes this.
  10. DBConz

DBConz Registered Idiot

you signing up for the AMA races? i'll join you if it rains :D

MELK-MAN likes this.
  11. MELK-MAN

might be, but if it rains, i'll be cheering from pit road Jim ;)

DBConz likes this.
  12. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Not open yet. Hoped for last week but got busy so today is the plan.

A.Brooks98 likes this.
  13. TX Joose

TX Joose Well-Known Member

Is there a difference between Sportsman ( Friday) and WERA Sportsman ( Saturday). Also are these both gridded by points or registration order?

14. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Everything other than AMA RRGC is gridded by points, AMA RRGC is entry order.

No difference in the sportsman stuff.

15. BEi Racing

Funny. I didn't see the senior award winner in front of me in any 1000 race this weekend!

16. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

I was in your AMA race Saturday Billy..( and thanks for not lapping me!) . But the Vet thing was for Superbike Only... Any 40 plus Novices in those races at all?

17. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

You've had a pro license... You're still the fastest old fart.

18. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

There were a couple different things going on and I may have screwed up doing the vet awards within the 1000 Superbike - those were awards for the over 40 riders in that class. Then there was the vet/senior rider of the year which is different, more like the Horizon award and the Youth rider of the year and all that. More than just results go into those.