1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2017/2018 hunting thread

Discussion in 'General' started by eggfooyoung, Nov 12, 2017.

1. Dan Dubeau

Dan Dubeau Well-Known Member

Mmmmm squirrel stew. The only thing I've got this fall is a bunny with the car coming back from dinner tonight. Hit the brakes a bit because I thought I'd miss it, but the old familiar clunk clunk told me otherwise. Kids asked what it was and I said the easter bunny, no chocolate next year lol.

I got out once this deer gun season for about an hour. Shameful. Just too busy with work. Should have more time when muzzleloader opens. Always wanted to get one with the smokepole anyway. I love shooting it. My Dad got a nice thick 8 pointer opening morning at about 9am. Biggest he's ever shot, so I was pretty pumped for him. He was happy because he didn't have to go out the rest of the week lol. Walking is too hard on his hips. When he hunts with me I have to drive him out to his stand, then drive back to the barn and walk back out to my stand. He said he's retiring after that buck though. Leavin' on a high note.

2. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

Sound like what I have to do for my dad. He got stuck in a snowbank last year and I just about left him there...

3. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

This weekend was a youth state park deer hunt. Hunted sunrise to sunset both days. She shot a nice doe at sunset yesterday, and this 8-point at sunset today. IMAG1875.jpg

4. Christian157

Christian157 Well-Known Member

This one was taken this morning nov. 20th on one of our hunting farms here in WV. 17 point Congrats TJ! TJs 17 point.jpg

tony 340, twin ty and Dan Dubeau like this.
  5. Mechdziner714

Mechdziner714 More Gas Less Brakes

6. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

Our PA season (rifle) starts next Monday....my typical deer rifle is a 30-06...way too much gun for a whitetail. Wish I could use my SR25 but, alas, semi's are not permitted

7. Steak Travis

Steak Travis Well-Known Member

Killed a couple of these and a bob cat yesterday

Got this big one with the garand
    [​IMG]

SteveThompson, twin ty and rd400racer like this.
  8. HPPT

HPPT !!!

You're a murderer of delicious bacon!

9. Pants Romano

Pants Romano Well-Known Member

Elk-resizw.jpg

I got this guy in Wyoming in October. Fun (but cold) hunt.

10. Tonyp425

Tonyp425 Well-Known Member

I'd trade my left nut to go on a good elk hunt

11. Pants Romano

It was a really great trip. Cold-weather camping is not the easiest, but it was definitely an adventure!

12. Tonyp425

Tonyp425 Well-Known Member

I'm working on getting a bush plain so I can fly into remote places to hunt

13. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

Just asked the wife yesterday, if she had any interest in spending a week in Alaska fishing.

Cannoli, SteveThompson and Tonyp425 like this.
  14. lizard84

lizard84 My “fuck it” list is lengthy

Outstanding

15. speedluvn

speedluvn Man card Issuer

How did you get the meat back to civilization?

16. SteveThompson

SteveThompson Banned by amafan

My wife and daughter LOVE it! If you can get her to go the first time, you'll likely never have to convince her again.

This was in October on the Kenai River.

[​IMG]

17. Pants Romano

We quartered the meat and packed it out by mule to the trailhead and then drove it to the processor. Then we packed it in coolers with dry ice and drove home (30 hours).

The entire trip was excellent and really an adventure. If anyone wants the outfitter information, let me know in a PM and I'll point you in the right direction. This was my second trip to Wyoming, and I can say that the outfitter you choose will make all the difference.

We had about 40 head of elk roll by us within 30 yards. Amazing.

We are going back out next year to fish, tour a couple parks and (hopefully) a DIY antelope hunt. Driving with the RV and raft. Should be fun.

Steak Travis and ungwaha like this.
  18. Steak Travis

Steak Travis Well-Known Member

shot this last Friday. Been about 10 years since the last buck I've shot. I've passed countless but this one I couldn't let go. Still not as big as my Dad's this year but he's a deer whisperer and shoots monsters all the time. His are all like 20" spread 12 points... not fair but I had his gloves on for this hunt so I think it rubbed off on me.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

19. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

That's a nice deer.

Too bad about losing your dads gloves,and him never getting them back.

20. socalrider

socalrider pathetic and rude

Bumping this thread... It's not big game but it was a big year. 4 guys, 2 days. 146 dove, both mourning and Eurasian varieties.

Attached Files: