1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2017/2018 hunting thread

Discussion in 'General' started by eggfooyoung, Nov 12, 2017.

1. BC

BC Well-Known Member

Just curious.....why not an auto?

And, where are you hunting?

2. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

3. BC

BC Well-Known Member

Could you see the guy letting them loose or was someone running a remote?:beer:

4. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

Oh, no, they're planted. It probably doesn't really belong in a "hunting" thread, but we don't have a "just shooting shit" thread.

5. Steak Travis

Steak Travis Well-Known Member

Guessing this is me. Hunting In Alabama . I've got a 6.8 AR that I get most of them with. It's the most effective and efficient but boring and doesn't feel like hunting as much to me. I grew up taking a bolt action and having to be deliberate with every shot. Now with the 6.8 and suppressor, I can shoot everything in the woods without thinking and it doesn't really scare off that much. It's still loud but it doesn't affect the deer the same as shooting un suppressed.

I killed 2 hogs in one shot with my 7mm-08 two weekends ago... so maybe that's more efficient!

6. Steak Travis

Took this over thanksgiving. Had my AR with me and unloaded on them.

[​IMG]

socalrider likes this.
  7. socalrider

socalrider pathetic and rude

Nice Travis.

I like shooting bolt, I would have no problem using my .300aac but the ranch I was at said no semi auto because they also promote beer drinking while hunting (Texas wtf?????) But that Savage scout is such a sweet brush gun. Short barrel, long eye relieve scope, accutrigger. It's fun.

8. MachineR1

MachineR1 Well-Known Member

Tikka T3x CTR? I just bought one in .308

9. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

Great gun, but why a 308?

10. MachineR1

CTR in .308 seemed like exactly what I want... largest caliber allowed at my local range, smallest allowed on the pig hunt I’m going on in May. Plus the CTR is kind of a cross between a tactical rifle and a hunting rifle. Seemed perfect for what I want without buying multiple rifles.

11. Steak Travis

Yep. I chopped the barrel to 19" in anticipation of it becoming a hunting rifle primarily. If I go to the range a bunch I may end up with a longer barrel again but I think by next fall it's going to have vx5hd or vx6hd and be a hunting rifle. Right now I'm having trouble stomaching having a rifle and it only be for range use but I also don't want to turn it into a master of none rifle by trying to make it do too many things.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2019
  12. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

Interesting limits you're working with. You'll be happy with the Tikka. Actions are very smooth.

MachineR1 likes this.
  13. MachineR1

I know. The easy answer is to just buy a bunch of different guns. I did a shit ton of research this seemed like the perfect solution. I also wanted a Browning MK3 DBM but they’re nearly impossible to find.

14. speedluvn

speedluvn Man card Issuer

W.T.F! Drunk and huntin! Nice :blart:

15. socalrider

socalrider pathetic and rude

I didn't partake to be honest, but them telling us to load the cooler before taking us out to hunt was... Interesting... Haha.

16. speedluvn

speedluvn Man card Issuer

Don’t get me wrong , I love a good buzz but guns and shooting/hunting just doesn’t compute.

RonR and eggfooyoung like this.
  17. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member