1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2016 WERA Schedule

Discussion in 'General' started by Mongo, Dec 15, 2015.

1. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Not in Michigan but out west they do it all winter and in the south people have expressed an interest. They have us penciled in, we'll get more input through the year from the riders and see what happens.

2. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

Let's all be honest - regions themselves are rather silly. NC, SE, MA, NE, Nola .. They don't mean a whole lot and aren't "accurate". WERA has to pay the bills though, so the schedule looks like it does.
    Just a couple right? Is there anything else to differentiate it, as a National Series? No sarcasm implied.

3. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Working on it.

4. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

If you're not being sarcastic then say what you actually mean. Otherwise stop it. This is just silly passive aggressive at this point.

As for the regions - what else should we call them? For us to truly have a Mid Central region we'd need to be racing in Nebraska/Kansas/Western MO.

5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

No, just Broome who got himself all excited because of an incomplete schedule and is now pissed since his dreams have been shattered.

6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

And where do you live?

7. You are exactly right.

And jabbing me about it doesn't help anything. Fuck me for being overly excited about this shit. My mistake.

jeffr1ey likes this.
  8. jeffr1ey

jeffr1ey Well-Known Member

Come do some MA :D

9. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Oh good lord. You are nowhere near the Mid Central region which was based on St Louis when we still raced there - that changed and the focus is now MUCH further south. It's based on MS, LA, AL, and AR - it is NOT based on eastern Tennessee. That is closer to the Southeast region or even the new Atlantic setup. So stop bitching about region that is nowhere near you that you only liked because you were in town for the tentative dates. I get it. You're pissed that your job has you out of the country, that however is not our fault. So stop trying to pick on WERA for something that we have nothing to do with. Stop bitching about a region that is absolutely fine.

10. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

So you bitching for the last 24 hours about WERA is helping what?

11. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

I'm trying to be polite. What I'm really asking is, why should someone chase the National Series, if it's basically a regional schedule with a different name? Why even keep it? If you're tied to having regions, why not drop that and focus the efforts to make those championships mean more? The National Series hasn't had merit for a number of years now. Does it need to remain because CCS has ASRA?

Wheel Bearing likes this.
  12. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

He didn't run V6HW and V7

I have no idea what you're talking about so email me and I'll look at it.

13. That is not what your original post on the subject said. You didn't include Louisiana in your original definition of the MC region.

Actually, I am closer to the tracks on the MC schedule...with the exception of NOLA, which is the most Southern track on the WERA schedule.

14. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

Well I WAS going to do something constructive like wrapping my kids presents or trying to make out with the ol lady but....I think I'll get some popcorn and beer and hang right here a bit. Lol.

Shenanigans likes this.
  15. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

It remains because some of our customers like it. Does it mean a lot? To them it does. It's a good starter series for someone wanting to get a feel for doing a more spread out series at different tracks than in their home region before they drop the serious money to go race MotoAmerica. It's absolutely not the southeast region with a different name. Are a lot of rounds in the southeast, of course, that's where most of the tracks we run are.

16. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

NOLA is in Louisiana so it's included. I did list the others. NOLA is also the closes track to the centerline of the country.

You are not closer to Talladega and Barber than Road Atlanta and CMP - I do know where you live and where the race tracks are located.

17. I wasn't bitching about WERA. I was bitching about the southernmost track on the WERA schedule being added to a region titled MidCentral. If you will look back, in one of my first posts I even specifically said "if we were talking about Nashville, (which is a true MC track, and yes I know it isn't in operation anymore), then it is what it is.".

18. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

It's absolutely southern atlantic coastal. If we had NJMP and Summit those would still be mid atlantic.

19. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Who the hell do you think is scheduling the events at NOLA? It ain't NASAR, it's WERA, so all the bitching has been about WERA. Or about me, either way I don't get it.

20. That is correct. Talladega and Barber are about the same distance, within 30min or so. Road Atlanta and CMP are about 30min closer than those 2.

The closest track to me was Nashville, it was 3.5hrs.

But I am 9 hours from Roebling. It has always been one of the furthest tracks from me, which is why I have only been there like once.