1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2013 Rules

Discussion in 'General' started by Mongo, Mar 20, 2013.

1. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yeah that could be true. It all runs together after a while.

2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

We use it for a crash truck too however my post you quoted was in response to a question about an ambulance.

We don't mandate single file or a specific side but as you said, that's usually pretty easy to figure out.

If one of our trucks ever blocked a bike from passing I'd have to hurt someone - the truck should ALWAYS been on one edge of the track, it should never be trying to follow a race line and should only cross to the other side of the track on a straight area where they can see more tan far enough behind them. Also when I say on the edge I mean absolutely on it - I drove ours many many times and the outside tires were always touching paint. It wasn't my track, it was the bikes track and my first priority was to stay the hell out of the way.

3. Mr Sunshine

Mr Sunshine Banned

I hear you on the truck. This part of the track is special as there is no way to access it except for going along the track and there is no way to stay to the side. It's why until last year we stopped on the track on red flags and why one of our ambulances is stationed there on the side of the track. I'm a hard ass with this sort of think and I give it a pass.

4. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

There is a way to stay to one side, go slower.

Unless the track is only 8' wide or so at that point in which case you've got major issues anyway.

5. Hyperdyne

Hyperdyne Indy United SBK

I could not imagine coming to a stop on track. That would scare me to death...

6. stickboy274

stickboy274 Stick-a-licious Tire Dude

I can back Mongo up on that. When I was crash truck they gave me very specific instruction as I was running the truck during Endurance races. I wasn't last at the GNF one year. I did get yelled at for looking to pass a pack of 125's in my Silverado once.

7. Mr Sunshine

Mr Sunshine Banned

Actually the problem is the line is to go inside, inside on a s shape. There is no place a truck can go without being in the way and there isn't a good way for a motorcycle to go around a truck even if they hug a side. Welcome to my little place of hell.

(red line is the racing line) I caught the truck right where the trees are and lost the truck at the left with the red/white stripes.

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

8. stickboy274

There isn't room in the grass? It may take longer, but the bike is already down, they can wait. I don't want to add more to the load list to get there 30 seconds faster.

9. Mr Sunshine

Mr Sunshine Banned

It was an endurance event and they were bringing out lunches to the corner workers (no other access). It was talked about during the rider's meeting so it wasn't a surprise.

If you go onto the dirt there (not grass) you have a couple of issues.

1. There is usually a trench next to the pavement from water run off.
    2. On the right side there are little stumps from tree saplings that were cut down. I know a guy who broke his femur when he crashed there (head shake from the rise up and down in the middle there).
    3. When you come back onto the surface at anything over a crawl you'll bring shit onto the racing surface. See it was an endurance event.

You guys really need to understand that these crappy tracks you talk about...they are nothing compared to Pacific Raceways.

10. stickboy274

Yikes. I'm not feeling to bad about not riding there.

11. 2Fer

2Fer Is good

Why didn't they bring their lunches with them? Seems pretty basic to me.

12. :stupid:

With all due respect to the corner workers, out of all the reasons to create a potential hazard like a truck on/around the track, taking people lunch doesn't seem like a good one IMO.

If that was the only option, I would buy all of the corner workers Igloo lunch boxes so they could take food with them. Every time we are at the track I pack a little cooler for Lori Sparacio so she can take drinks/snacks/coffee with her to take pictures and she is out there for hours. Shouldn't be too hard for the corner workers to do the same.

Like I said, no disrespect intended. I, of all people, am VERY grateful for the work and care of the corner workers. But I can't see driving a truck on/across/right beside the track just to take some food out there. It just seems like a unnecessary risk that could easily be avoided.

As always, just my .02.

13. Mr Sunshine

Mr Sunshine Banned

:crackup:

Sorry I don't disagree...welcome to my little slice of heaven.

So you can see it at track record pace....http://youtu.be/CuLHErAQzoQ The video starts :)40) at where you go into this area) If your R6 throttle stuck here and you did the same thing that you did....you'd be dead...or wishing you were.

14. Fastway Racing

Fastway Racing Well-Known Member

So Sean, you had the front number plate going back to offset as a possibility. Have you come to a definite decision on this. I've got two sets of bodywork going in the paint booth this week and I want to be within the rules on it.

15. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yeah, I've given up on that - might go back to 6" numbers though. Rear plate will stay the same, if you can't fit two on the tail then put them on the sides.

16. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Had another suggestion I kind of like after seeing the bikes at Roebling. Aftermarket subframes. I know we addressed this a long time ago when the stockers were steel and the aftermarket stuff wasn't as prevalent. I'm leaning towards this just being another way to help keeps costs down - you don't need to replace the stocker since it won't help you go any faster, but you will be able to replace it cheaper if you fall.

17. Mr Sunshine

Mr Sunshine Banned

You allow aftermarket fairing stays...so why not the other end.

Could you need to consider the 1199. :)

18. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

You keep this up and the "kinda superbikey" gets less and less clever. :D

19. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yeah, eventually it'll be pure SB rules other than the frame and motor internals - and even then not 100% on those...

20. caferace

caferace No.

I suspect the DB and lightened bits are all just a plot for your debut as a PN next year. :D

-jim