1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2006 Yamaha R6 Race Bike- Las Vegas NV

Discussion in 'Bikes for Sale' started by David Henderson, Jul 6, 2018.

1. David Henderson

David Henderson Rocketman

well said

DesmoBrit likes this.
  2. NemesisR6

NemesisR6 Gristle McThornbody

Why is this seller operating under two different screen names?

JTRC51 likes this.
  3. David Henderson

David Henderson Rocketman

I had an old account I accidentally logged into to reply

4. CTarna

CTarna Well-Known Member

Use this one, avatar is much better. :crackup:

britx303, shakazulu12 and MELK-MAN like this.
  5. MV Rider

MV Rider Well-Known Member

I am sorry but this is hilarious, buys a 12 year old "race bike" and wants a guarantee. Go and try to buy any 12 year old vehicle and see if it comes with a guarantee.

fireman343 and MELK-MAN like this.
  6. MELK-MAN

MELK-MAN The Dude abides...

fixed it for ya :) :)

7. Battery is probably bad. Those symptoms sound like a bad charging system and battery. That R6’s are notorious for...But yeah blast people some more without even a text message.

MELK-MAN and TurboBlew like this.
  8. fireman343

fireman343 Well-Known Member

You are right... the charging system could be the problem and it does make for a bad running or non running bike. Simple and cheap fix. Stop bitching about it here, go see what’s wrong first and then fix it. I got a 2010 Ducati 848 for $3500.. you think I’d be pissed at the seller I f the motor let loose first time on track? No, it’s a old ass bike, and shit happens! Fix it, ride it and have fun

9. Ironman11

Ironman11 Well-Known Member

Another option, I wadded my 07 R6 at Buttonwillow this weekend and need some parts! Fairings, sunframe, front end, gauge cluster, you name it

Seriously, let me know soon if it doesn't work out! I can help you get some of the $$ back at least.

10. rsv4aprilla

rsv4aprilla Well-Known Member

You can have it all for $2800, come and get it

11. MELK-MAN

MELK-MAN The Dude abides...

so you have no interest in spending a little time, maybe a few bucks, to find out what happened? leak down test/compression test for example, or have a good builder listen to the motor to see if there is some issue? or go through the bike to see if there's some wire issue , say some chafing (rubbing for past 12 years on something).. etc? your decision all the way, was just a thought.. As some suggested it could be the battery is junk, or the stator took a crap. A bad stator will have the bike lose power up top, if real bad, the bike simply won't run and will die once enough battery has been sapped..

12. rsv4aprilla

I was, but still selling it for that price

MELK-MAN likes this.
  13. Wingnut

Wingnut Well-Known Member

Where's it located?
    I might be interested.

14. rsv4aprilla

Sacramento