1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2006 Yamaha R6 Race Bike- Las Vegas NV

Discussion in 'Bikes for Sale' started by David Henderson, Jul 6, 2018.

1. rsv4aprilla

rsv4aprilla Well-Known Member

Used to own a factory rsv4 r. 14, junk ,compared to the bmw1000rr

2. rsv4aprilla

Well, I can say, hes working with me, that's a plus. But I'll never buy a used bike agian.

3. Newyork

Newyork Dip Mode

I have only purchased used bikes in my lifetime and never had an issue...at all. Just stay away from over a decade old legit race bikes and you should be fine with used bikes.

TurboBlew and track wagon like this.
  4. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

dilligence... you has to dues it! :D
    Not sure what decades old has to do with anything...
    Though I probably would have held off on painting the bike and maybe had a pro
    check the bike over?

Newyork likes this.
  5. track wagon

track wagon MCAS MIRAMAR

Did you even contact him before coming on here and flaming him?

6. track wagon

track wagon MCAS MIRAMAR

No it's not. I did a 54 on my sv650.

7. ClemsonsR6

ClemsonsR6 Well-Known Member

Hey dumbass!!! Yes you. You're just now starting to smell the fish???? It was 50% UNDER market value and has NO TITLE on a BLANK frame.......Geezus H Christ son!!! The fish smell hit me in the face before I even open the for sale category.

Its a clean looking bike.....send the motor off, go over the bike with a fine tooth comb and ride the piss out of it.

8. Jaketheone46

Jaketheone46 Well-Known Member

Did you even ride the bike before the purchase?? I would think at that price the bike would be sold as is with your responsibility to check everything out before the purchase. Not taking sides just yet, trying to understand the deal here.

9. rsv4aprilla

No ,I live in the city, and I paid for it on paypal, if I had the chance to ride it at a track atmosphere, I would have seen the problem

10. rsv4aprilla

11. Newsshooter

Newsshooter Well-Known Member

I already knew that, I did my first race there back in 2002. :)

track wagon likes this.
  12. duc995

duc995 Yep…

Don’t you have some sort of “buyer protection” then through PayPal?

13. rsv4aprilla

Yes, but I dont want it to get ugly, iam having a shop look at it. If its alot ti fix the problem. Then he will either refund and come get his bike, or I may have to drive to Vegas and I do t want to do that. Want to settle it fairly

14. Hollywood R6

Hollywood R6 Member

For the record I spoke with him and told him to send me pics of what happened to the motor and I would possibly help with parts and send him parts at my cost if I have the spares, which I do still have a bunch of them, bashing me on the forum is no way to start with someone willing to possibly help out- I can say the bike ran fine right off the track and gave no indication it would not run at the next track- plus it started right up and ran fine when I delivered it 7 hours away - again, my cost- I have been more then reasonable -

fireman343 likes this.
  15. David Henderson

David Henderson Rocketman

I no way shape or form did I try and take advantage of this person, I have been willing to send any parts for the motor once he sends me pics of what happened to the motor, Have been more then reasonable and willing to try and help, after all he did change the oil, maybe, just maybe, he forgot to put oil back in the motor, who knows, but there is RECENT video of it running at Buttonwillow at the last WERA round, ran fine, ran great, then I sold to him because I got a new R6- again willing to try and help and bashing this all up does not help start it off.

fireman343, CTarna, MELK-MAN and 2 others like this.
  16. MELK-MAN

MELK-MAN The Dude abides...

i simply can't get over buyers of racebikes today.. it's a12 years old, did the seller promise it was recently rebuilt ? did he promise you it would run for six weekends?
    I had a 2 weekend old engine let go from a missed shift at full throttle (my bad). my engine guy has been doing my motors for over a decade. Nearly every part in the motor was new .. it ran great for the 2 weekends prior, and all morning. Shit happens. And short of you having on board footage of you riding the bike every moment you had it on track, how is someone to know you didn't contribute to the issue? IF there is even a motor issue? could be electrical from a frayed wire ?
    bottom line, you bought a pretty good lookin bike for $3500 . even with the blown motor, how much is a really tired race motor worth? (I'd say $800 IF it was running). How do you justify getting a full refund on an as-is sale ... of a 12 year old race bike.. ?
    The seller is claiming there's vid of it on track at the round prior to sale. There's no possible way you, he, or anyone could know for certain it was ready to let go , IF it was even ready to let go. There's still a question of if you did something to speed up the demise of the engine .. not saying you did, but how can you prove you didn't?

17. shakazulu12

shakazulu12 Well-Known Member

Yeah, a 12 year old R6 that hasn't been recently rebuilt isn't a Honda Civic. I would have bought that assuming a refresh was imminent.

fireman343, TurboBlew and MELK-MAN like this.
  18. JTRC51

JTRC51 El Speedy Gonzalez

I only buy track bikes from females who list in their ad "Lady/Female ridden" that extends the engine life immensely, no??

TurboBlew likes this.
  19. MELK-MAN

MELK-MAN The Dude abides...

here's an ad for a bike, that ya might have a legit bitch about if the engine broke on the 1st lap ya rode it.. $10,500 , "fresh yamaha graves superstock engine"
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/145...29921803926283/?sale_post_id=2129921803926283
    can't help but point out, $10,500 (ten thousand five hundred dollars)
    don't know the bike, don't know the seller. but this is arguably at least an implied warranty (i'd think)

TurboBlew likes this.
  20. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

what about old men riding them only on Sundays? :D
    For the $3k price... yeah you would have had plenty of $$ left to go through the motor and still had a very good buy.

JTRC51 and MELK-MAN like this.