1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2005 Camaro?

Discussion in 'General' started by jp233, Nov 23, 2004.

1. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

The CTS-V is of course the car to go with - however it's ~$52k OTD. The Mustang has decent handling (with the extra 6" its got to be better than her 86 and 90 ones were), 5 speed, and a V8 and would work great for the money since the savings between it and the current CTS will go into a savings account towards the down on an 07 CTS-V.

The problem right now is that she already drove the V and hasn't driven the GT. So we might be in serious debt if the Mustang doesn't have the goods power wise. Upside is the local dealership had 6 V's on the lot 2 months ago and we have yet to see even one on the road so we might be able to work a killer deal on the 5 speed silver one they had (black interior).

2. BC61

BC61 Well-Known Member

:confused:

how so? don't like the looks? better than the past 34 years. best platform the car has ever been built on.

3. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Bill - have you driven one yet?

4. mad brad

mad brad Guest

yeah yeah. the heritage is still ruined though. they should have updated the styling, not retro-fitted it.

at least the GT(40) has the pedigree to match. the new stang loses out IMHO.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 24, 2004
  5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Makes sense to me, everyone likes different stuff. I like the front don't like the rear, the inside is so so. I just need something with power and handling and relatively cheap for the boss. Put her in an auto with a 4 banger and she'd get killed the way she drives :)

6. mad brad

mad brad Guest

the GT motor and chassis is decent. (5.2 0-60)

funny, remember when 5 second 0-60 times where reserved for the lamborghini countach?

now, it's entry level. :D

7. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

LOL - sad ain't it? Hell, with less than $2k in extras I have an 8k pound pickup that will do 14's, add propane for another $500 and it'll drop more :D Technology is a wonderful thing...

It's kinda sad though, I looked at the figures for the GT compared to the CTS-V and thought, well superchargers aren't too expensive...