1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2005 Camaro?

Discussion in 'General' started by jp233, Nov 23, 2004.

1. jp233

jp233 hu huh, you said "member"

2. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

Looks like a friggin Mustang!
    If they do something, it should be a retro, ala the Mustang.

3. gixer1100

gixer1100 CEREAL KILLER

it does look like the mustang a bit, but you can certainly see the resemblance to the 60's camaro's there. i think it looks SWEET!!!

4. MR-MICROPHONE

MR-MICROPHONE Breakin' the Law!!

I LIKE IT. LOOKS LIKE A CROSS BETWEEN A LATE 60'S CAMARO AND A VETTE. I'LL TAKE ONE! ;)

SORRY FOR CAPS

5. Eddie845

Eddie845 E-LO FRM THE BLOCK

pat what are you doing posting this crap :D
    Stangs all the way!!!

6. MACK1

MACK1 []D [] []v[] []D

Those are all just digital renditions done by some high school/college kid. From what I've read, he's been accepted into some auto design school in Cali. Very talented kid, but that's where the drawings stem from. There is talk about a '06 model, though the design has yet to be determined. Some actual GM engineers gave this kid a lot of praise but broke his design down on acutal feasablility for production. Pillar placements, bumper height's, all that silly shit the DOT has the last call on.

The car is sweet however.

7. Jugglenutz

Jugglenutz Well-Known Member

BLASPEHEMY!!!!!:mad:

8. khanumaiah

khanumaiah Well-Known Member

I thought they had something that looked like this at a car show recently. It was supposedly a camaro concept. might be wrong though. I looked very similr to this, just not so curvy.

9. Dano

Dano Thread killer for hire

Just recently I was having a conversation with a bud about why dosent GM
    retro the Camaro (ala Mustang) instead of letting it die.

I like it!

10. wera176

wera176 Well-Known Member

I *believe* that was actually Chevy's plan all along. Instead of continuing to crank out a model that wasn't selling well while the development went on the next model, they just axed it. Now they get to have the whole rebirth thing. Exactly what Ford should have done when the ghastly Mustang II was damaging the Mustang name. They should have killed it, and then brought it back with the Fox-body... MOST people considered the Mustang dead during that period, instead of a rebadged econo-crapper. At least Chevy didn't rebadge the Cavalier or Holden and call it a Camaro II... :)

The Camaro will be back...

The new Mustang is sweet though! I love the retro colors!

11. LM954RR

LM954RR Tazers make beef tender!

That would be the answer to the new mustang.....Personally, I think the new "Mustang" is a crappy cheasy plastic ridden piece of shittttt.. Compared to the "Concept Mustang" it is lackluster at best.

Maybe Chevy could hold true to a true sportscar. Maybe.

and I am a ford guy, who has had a few Saleen mustangs, and used to 1/4 mi race them....go figure.!:confused:

12. Tracee Polcin

Tracee Polcin Pic by IYF Photo

Never liked the 60's Camaros, bring back a 70-1/2 bodystyle.;)

13. Booger Van der Jackass

Booger Van der Jackass Well-Known Member

Stang Banger!

14. I was talking about this today while I was at GM. There is a bit of work being done in portfolio on it but the project as a whole does ot have a green light. If anything it will be a late 07 or 08 model.

15. mad brad

mad brad Guest

like you, i am a huge mustang guy. i have a few. the new mustang sucks.

the motor and tranny are good, but the car just sucks. if that indeed is the new camaro, they've done a ten times better job with it than the ford.

16. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

So what's wrong wiht the new one? Or is it just the styling that you don't like?

Boss lady is seriously thinking about getting one and trading in the CTS.

17. NO, NO. Tell the boss to upgrade to a CTS-V. Best of both worlds. I drove one and WOW.

18. MACK1

MACK1 []D [] []v[] []D

I was going to say the same thing, CTS-V = DAMN!!!!

19. jkhonea

jkhonea Back Again

The CTS-V is a damn well incredible car. The amount of performance GM built into that thing is remarkable. Even found a nice addition, since it has the runflat tires, they left the plastic tray under the trunk for the spare. Works as a pretty damn good stealth cooler.

20. mad brad

mad brad Guest

me?

if so, the 65 GT fastback just looks raw and well, like a muscle car. the new one looks like a mazda/mustang wanna-be. :Puke: