1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

$2.4 Million in Bribes!! Another right wing Congressman bites the dust!

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by Shyster d'Oil, Nov 28, 2005.

1. Robert

Robert Flies all green 'n buzzin

It seems like all elections these days cost too much. Why not cut all candidates back to like, 5% of what they can spend now? Meaning individual contributions would be relatively unimportant.

2. Shyster d'Oil

Shyster d'Oil Gerard Frommage

The distinction to be made is that if the money isn't going into the elected offcial's pocket it is not a purchase of a vote or a bribe.

But you can see why those with real money can get good treatment.

3. dtalbott

dtalbott Driving somewhere, hauling something.

They should do elections like sports, and use a salary cap.

You can spend XXX for this election. If you spend more, you are disqualified.

4. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

Yup. And the legislature will make that the law of the land right after they vote for term limits...

5. dtalbott

dtalbott Driving somewhere, hauling something.

And key the Congressional pay scale to the Military pay scale.

6. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

:Off:
    This story kinda reminds me of a personal experience a few yrs back. I used to fly r/c sailplanes with a club on what was a former grass real airstrip where they used to fly in brand new Cessna planes for their radio install or something along those lines, it sits beside several factories. Anyway, on one beautiful day a few of us were there flying our expensive beloved sailplanes, some rather large ones at that, when some JO comes in on a simulated touch n go exercise......which is a major no no apparantly. I neevr saw some young and older grown men scramble so fast off the field! LOL! Made for an interesting moment cuz many of us had to take our eyes off our planes do to this JO. He was MAYBE a lamp post and a half over our heads.

7. Knarf Legna

Knarf Legna I am not Gary Hoover

Hilgary did OK with her "investment". :rolleyes:

8. Shyster d'Oil

Shyster d'Oil Gerard Frommage

Which one, the land deal or the option thingy?

9. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

Speaking of no-nos, my former brother-in-law, who was a used aircraft salesman, got in a bit of trouble for flying a Cessna under a bridge about 15 years back.

Cost him his job, too.